Shoot the Messenger...

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It seems Microsoft has found a way to justify spending over $8bn on Skype...

It was a good excuse to kill off Messenger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20222998

So, everyone who hadn't already left to Facebook then?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It'll be a click-here rebranding upgrade, that's all...

opticle

Part of the furniture
I miss the days of MSN.

If there was a chat prog that wasn't Facebook that all my friends were on I'd love it. Facebook chat is shit, and people usually put themselves to offline there as default and don't bother thinking about using it to chat.

No one chats anymore :( Why bother when you can just stalk ?

opticle

Part of the furniture
Skype is better though.

Windows Live has all sorts of shite on it that it doesn't need that overcomplicates the point - chat with your mates.

People have Facebook for all the other shite. You shouldn't try to make something do everything at once - it's ghey.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Facebook chat is shit, and people usually put themselves to offline there as default

This.

I think it comes down to "nobody wants to be seen sitting around on Facebook like a sado all night long". The only time I sat on Facebook chat for a while was when I was catching up with a mate who was working in Thailand, otherwise I prefer to go to the boozer.

opticle

Part of the furniture
otherwise I prefer to go to the boozer.

As would I if my mates weren't spread all across London/the country :(

MSN reminds me of those evenings after school where I'd do my homework as fast as possible so I could spend the rest of the night on MSN and playing CS :LOL: Good times. Simpler times.

Edit: Switched :D for :LOL: as it's better.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I remember hurrying home from school to get on IRC to do some FFRP as soon as possible :p

Gray

FH is my second home
Going to miss MSN, had it for about 12 years. I remember the days of having quite a big contact list, although now it's down to about maybe 10 or so, even then only about 3-4 people i chat to.

Numbers where probably down due to Facebook and Twitter, but i'd imagine Microsoft made the massive error in making that new bloated Live shit instead of keeping it relatively small.

I've not had much bad stuff to say about Skype, i don't use it for webcams and i don't use it much nowadays for voice communication, but will be a right pisser if suddenly they make that software bloated too.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I ditched my MSN/Live account back when Hotmail was rebranded into Outlook.com.
The annoying thing about Skype is it constantly bitches at me to update because I only use it rarely. It's like my PS3 in that respect.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I wonder what offices around the world will do now for IM stuff....

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
There's a separate version called Office Communicator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom