T

Trem

Right my system -

Pentium P4 1.8
Gainward Ge Force 4600
512 Northwood DDR Ram
Jetway Motherboard(S447)
Maxtor HD

The reason I'm posting this is I have just got this gfx card, and I was to believe that these are the best of the ge forces(Gainward), now I've just run 3d mark and I got a shite score of 6500, I tried a Radeon 9700 last week and I only got 8500 with that, I have tried both on both OS and I am now on Windows 2000, do you guys think my mobo is the problem? Please help because this is an expensive pain in the arse.

X

Xavier

The motherboard certainly can't be helping, as to your northwood DDR I'm at a loss - always thought they were a kind of Pentium 4 die build on a 0.13um manufacture process ;)

T

Trem

Shit i meant Kingston DDR Ram, sorry, I'm upset.

C

.Cask

Delete 3dMark2001 SE from your system and pretend you got 10,000 points.

Problem solved !

T

Trem

I have now got 7000 3d marks, surely this isn't right, I have pretty much the same system as Adz(he has an Epox mobo though)and he gets 10000 marks. The score doesn't bother me as long as games run ok, but surely this isn't right:eek:

T

Trem

My first post gives the spec, do you need to know anything else?

X

Xavier

lol, tis 8:30am - up waiting for couriers so they don't wake caz...

I'd identify your motherboard as a real weakpoint - but likewise there's plenty that could be wrong in the bios to introduce that performance hit

download sisoft sandra and check that the numbers are right (memory speeds, voltages, timings etc)

T

Trem

You see Embattle has disappeared and its all upon your shoulders now my friend;), thanks alot I will try that in a bit.

X

Xavier

yeah - he's on his hols or something :)

I don't mind helping, been rather busy with work this last month but I'm back on the scene for a coupla weeks at least :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom