Shields and Reactive procs.

O

old.Nikolas

Just for info.

I have been reading the daoc.tradeskills forum about Alchemy. From the sounds of it shields are not supposed to have reactives placed on them since they are classed as weapons and have styles, the effects of a reactive proc i.e. in RvR will soon be patched so as to not work at all.

Be careful about what you decide to have imbued on shields, they are only supposed to have procs for styles or charges.

G

Gallak

Well that would be annoying :( I had a reactive put on my shield with no knowledge that this was a bug, I was pretty annoyed that it didn't work in PvE, but when I researched it I was happy in the knowledge that at least in RvR and duels it can sometimes procc. To have that removed too, knowing now that cloaks on the US servers have not had their properties removed would be a nasty waste of my gold :(

O

old.Nikolas

:(

Daoc is weakly documented the best of times. Shrouded Isles also has some nice reactive drops as well, so at least we can all save a bit of cash by farming the odd reactive proc for free.

Tincture Name: Stable Harm Turning Tincture
Level: 48
Effect: Melee Health Buffer (Ablative Aura)
Duration: 10 min
Value: 150
Resist: n/a
Zone Dropped In: Caer Sidi
Mob Dropped From: Unknown

Tincture Name: Stable Mind's Eye Tincture
Effect: Power Regeneration
Value: 2

Tincture Name: Volatile <unknown> Tincture
Effect: Self Damage Add
Duration: 30 sec
Value: 11
Resist: Unknown

Tincture Name: Volatile Mending Tincture
Effect: Heal
Duration: Instant
Value: 80
Zone Dropped In: Tuscaren Glacier

Tincture Name: Reactive Harm Turning Tincture
Effect: Melee Health Buffer (Ablative Aura)
Value: 150
Zone Dropped In: Caer Sidi, Galladoria

A

agraucred

feck.

just got a reactive dot on my shield the other day. its worked a few times aswell

G

gwyneth-love

Get that Reactive on your shield .. they work really good in RvR and when they patch it ( havent yet in US so will be months away or never ) just get a new shield , Wont be bad cause they are cheap :D

M

mavericky

Hmmm, not sure if it is a bug, as i have a prince shield drop that has a proc on it so I doubt it.

N

Novamir

you don't have a prince shield with an ablative proc, you have it with an offensive proc (ie that shield needs to use a style for the proc to work).

C

Chenuba

Originally posted by old.Nikolas
Just for info.

I have been reading the daoc.tradeskills forum about Alchemy. From the sounds of it shields are not supposed to have reactives placed on them since they are classed as weapons and have styles, the effects of a reactive proc i.e. in RvR will soon be patched so as to not work at all.

Be careful about what you decide to have imbued on shields, they are only supposed to have procs for styles or charges.

Wonder why the shield i got from legion has a dam. shield proc in it. Hope they replace with another proc then.

N

Novamir

LISTEN PLEASE

LEGION AND PRINCE DROPS HAVE OFFENSIVE PROCS, THEY WILL NOT BE CHANGED IN THE PATCH. YOU HAVE TO PERFORM A SHIELD STYLE FOR THESE TO WORK.

ABLATIVE PROCS ARE PUT ON BY A PLAYER AND WORK WHEN YOU ARE HIT ON THE SHIELD. THIS IS DIFFERENT, AND WILL BE CHANGED AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE.

END TRANSMISSION

:rolleyes:

G

Gallak

aye, it still sucks, can't they just stop people from putting the procs on and leave current ones as they are like they did with cloaks?

C

Chenuba

Originally posted by Novamir
LISTEN PLEASE

LEGION AND PRINCE DROPS HAVE OFFENSIVE PROCS, THEY WILL NOT BE CHANGED IN THE PATCH. YOU HAVE TO PERFORM A SHIELD STYLE FOR THESE TO WORK.

ABLATIVE PROCS ARE PUT ON BY A PLAYER AND WORK WHEN YOU ARE HIT ON THE SHIELD. THIS IS DIFFERENT, AND WILL BE CHANGED AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE.

END TRANSMISSION

:rolleyes:

LISTEN NOW, I GOT THE LEGION SHIELD AND IT PROCS A DAM SHIELD NOW AND THEN WHEN I, fx. BLOCK AN ARCHERS ARROW AND NEVER WHEN I USE A SHIELDSTYLE WITH IT. SO DON'T TRY AND SOUND SO CLEVER PLEASE, CAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT..
MY SHIELD GOT A REACTIVE DAM SHIELD PROC, END OF TRANSMISSION.

O

old.LandShark

What are us poor slobs with unspeccable shields and no option to use 2h or DW supposed to do?? I HAVE to use my shield, and i CAN'T style with it no matter how I spec...

P

- Pathfinder -

My DF shield procs in PvP solely by blocking :p Being a cleric, I don't style much :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom