Shields and alchemy

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I bet this has been asked multiple times on many occasions, many places, but I don't know where to look and I need an answer relatively soon :)

Just bought an 80pt heal proc (TG drop), which I want to use on one of my chars. Firstly I thought about putting them on savage leggings, but then a guildie pointed out the fact that the chance of my warrior blocking a hit is far higher than the chance of me being hit on my legs on the savage.

My question now is this..

How do alchemy procs/reactives/charges etc work on shields? Would I benifit from having that heal reactive on my shield, or will it just not work like they would on a piece of armor? I've heard various stories and heresays, but nothing for absolute sure.

Please help :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Never tried crafted ones, but with drop ones, reactive procs work on block, but only in RvR/duels, not Pve.

Darzil

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
If you put that heal reactive proc on your shield, it will work just aswell as the magma infused defender from ml7 dungeon. :)

When i soloed with my pally, it used to go off a fair bit (heals for about 100hp, think magma shield is also 80pt).

Cu ingame xD

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Magma infused defender used to proc 80pt heal (as you say 100'ish hp) when blocking, but as far as I remember it was changed, so that it only procced in offensive combat (such as slamming).. that's the main source of my confussion, because if they changed that in some way, I am totally confused regarding drop heal tinctures on crafted shields.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
reactives and offensives both work, but reactives dont work in pve.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Well, again I heard otherwise. Read a thread once, don't recall where at all, VN boards or FH/BW, that they do infact work in PvE, just far far less often than in RvR.

But bottom line, I should be able to put the heal proc on my shield and have it work in RvR? :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
Well, again I heard otherwise. Read a thread once, don't recall where at all, VN boards or FH/BW, that they do infact work in PvE, just far far less often than in RvR.

But bottom line, I should be able to put the heal proc on my shield and have it work in RvR? :)

Never been able to get a reactive on a shield to fire in pve - stood with mobs engaged for ages to no avail :)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:

reactive healproc on shield dont work in PVE, can say this from experiance as I got ml7 shield on my pala and it have never proced in pve. Yes, reactive healproc will work on shield in pve

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
Magma infused defender used to proc 80pt heal (as you say 100'ish hp) when blocking, but as far as I remember it was changed, so that it only procced in offensive combat (such as slamming).. that's the main source of my confussion, because if they changed that in some way, I am totally confused regarding drop heal tinctures on crafted shields.

That only happend beta testing one of the earlier patches, it changed again when the patch was released :)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
reactive procs such as the ml7 reactive heal ONLY goes off in defensive Rvr. a offensive proc such as a dd will ONLY go off when you slam someone.

if it went off in pve then you could effectivly stop fighting half way through a fight stick engage on and the mob would heal you up.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
reactive procs such as the ml7 reactive heal ONLY goes off in defensive Rvr. a offensive proc such as a dd will ONLY go off when you slam someone.

if it went off in pve then you could effectivly stop fighting half way through a fight stick engage on and the mob would heal you up.

Paladins can do this with heal chant :)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Was fooling around (exping arties) some with my pala in PoC (with bb ofc) ~5 red mobs and I was at 100% hp when I killed them all, if more mobs then that I might go down a little in HP before killing them all. Just imagine a procing heal on shield ontop of that...

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Reactive shield procs like dot and heal used to work in PvE,but sadly got nerfed a while ago due to people abusing this fact by Engaging and healing themselves right up on ToA mobs.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
You all better be right about this.. put the mending tincture on my shield now, so there's no turning back :) Just hope it works in RvR, as I couldn't really care less about PvE anyway.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
in my experiance reactive procs do work on shields, you can even see in my vid a scout trying to leach from miles off and getting himself dotted, i have never tried a dropped heal proc on a shield though.

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
Haha, ik remember I had a DoT on my shield and blocked some green scout's arrow and he died of the DoT. Or was it a DD? Can't remember it that well. Been over 2 years though. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom