Shield of Khaos Raid, Monday evening 8pm - open invite

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
I am running a Raid tonight to get hold of the Shield of Khaos artifact - for myself and with friends coz (a) I am feeling particularly greedy and want the Shield for meself, and (b) I have NEVER, in over thirty lotto rolls, won a lotto roll for ANYTHING yet in ToA, so don't want to leave this one open to chance :D

However, it would be excessively greedy of me not to open the Raid up to others for encounter credit purposes - and, of course, by encouraging as many peeps to turn up and help out as possible, the chance of successfully completing the encounter goes up as wel so it is a win-win situation for all concerned. So, if anyone is interested in coming along to see what the encounter entails and get credit for the Shield of Khaos (with fingers crossed that the encounter is up and active!), please turn up:

Monday 24th (tonight), Meet at 8pm UK time (9pm Central European Time), Aerus Haven in Oceanus Notos (meet by centre stone circle), Raid underway by 8.15pm.

No need to sign up unless you want to - anyone in my bg at 8pm tonight will be welcome to tag along. I would like to make it clear up front that invite is for encounter credit only, as I originally organised this between friends for purely selfish purposes (sorry, but at least I'm being honest here :p). However, if the encounter goes well and is over relatively quickly, we might gp on to do some more arties that require 2FG+ afterwards, and for which I would of course not expect any drops. Also, any drops other than the Shield of Khaos would of course be open for lotto between any and all Raid attendees, plus there will be ML xp available :)

To give people a feel for what this encounter would entail, I have reproduced below the Strategy Advice from Vision of Sages.

Location: Shield of Khaos drops from Chief Creon, a very difficult centaur in Green Glades 16k, 41k

(Notes from an attempt by Hibs): Our first attempt we had The Chief down to 5% but didnt take into account his healers that liked to stay outta pbae range so on our 2nd run we used the folowing strategy. 1 FG with a Shambot ungrouped for end: Spiritmaster, 3 Healers(2 were ml5), Runemaster, 2 Warriors. We pulled the Chief to the side of the camp to his Do not cross line. Had the healers cast power fields on top of the chief and everyone stayed on him. The Sm took care of the adds while the Runemaster took out centaur healers there werent in pbae range (this was an important step because they would heal him if left unchecked). all the tanks focused on the Chief and the healers spread heald and stunned. Once Double power fields were up the spiritmaster could nonstop pbae and our healers went spread heal crazy and Aoe stund alot to keep agro off of out Spirtmaster. all in all it took us aprox 35 mins. (Samadamis, Dec 19 2003)

Chief Creon's "do not cross line", mentioned in a few strategies is approximately 22050,40432 Green Glades.

Confuse seems to be a popular tactic... You use it on the adds. (Feb 18 2003)

Tips from successful groups:

Group1 (Hibs): We had one group consisting of (1 shield hero, 1 mana ment, 2 mana elds, 2 druids, 1 bard, 1 animist) and a second partial group of (1 mana chanter, 1 mana eld, 2 buffbot druids). On our first failed attempt we found the point which Chief Creon would not go past (I had marked this spot earlier with a grave ). The animist shrooms had no effect on the Chief outside this spot. Even so, we got the chief to about 60% health. On our second attempt we died horribly under about 30 adds and didn't do much in the way of damage to the Chief. On the third run, we cleared one side of the camp as much as possible and the animist started setting up shrooms just inside Creon's "do-not-cross" line. I pulled the Chief and tanked him while the pb'ers blew up adds and the mana ment dotted. Once the adds fell the shrooms focused on Creon and the pbers nuked him into the ground. (Bestill, Dec 4 2003)

Group 2 (Albs): I just killed Cheif Creon, first time we tried 2 tanks got killed so fell back and med up, all his adds were killed. We pulled him again and he had no healers or adds and when we killed him we got the shield and normal drops but no one got the encounter, wondering if this is bug or what. (Apr 21 2004)

Group 3 (Albs): Shield of Khaos drops from Chief Creon, a very difficult centaur in Green Glades. Bring lots of PBAErs and tanks...oh yeah, and healers too, lol, because he has like...50 guardians with him. Not to hard to kill the guardians, but it's difficult killing Creon with the other Centaurs. Recommended force to kill him is 2+ Full Groups. (Asakura Yoh, Nov 28 2003)

jnh

Loyal Freddie
would come, but i want the shield myself, no point coming if its not open for lotto

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
jnh said:
would come, but i want the shield myself, no point coming if its not open for lotto
Except of course that once you have the encounter credit you can keep an eye open for it on consignment merchants :)

jnh

Loyal Freddie
cant afford to buy it, im still skint from when i stopped playing the game a few months back, now im playing catchup :\

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
jnh said:
cant afford to buy it, im still skint from when i stopped playing the game a few months back, now im playing catchup :\
I'm with you on that one jnh :D I was offline for about 4 months due to financial difficulties, and missed the first 2 months after ToA was released. Catch-up is definitely order of the day! :clap:

Corran

Part of the furniture
tbh in my pesamistic looking atm, this is basically a "i may not have enough friends to help me so lets get others to come for nothing" kinda thing.

This isnt an artifact most will do to sell. So be rare to find it and also expensive. It a pain in the arse tbh, especially if he keeps being healed.
When i helped on this we had 2fg with an ice wiz and it still took a fair time to do it as it easy to not spot 1 healer hiding somewhere.

anyways, think there only 2 other artifacts that really needs 2fg, jas's sash and eriny's. Thou now that we got 20% relic bonus i think the 1fg i done it with would be enough as we were only about 1minute slow :p

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
tbh in my pesamistic looking atm, this is basically a "i may not have enough friends to help me so lets get others to come for nothing" kinda thing.
<sigh>... and they say Albion isn't as cynical as some people make out :)

Hehe... no problem if you don't want to come to help out, Corran - I was under the impression that I was pretty honest and open about my request, in that I was quite up front about asking for help with no immediate benefits for those who did turn up other than encounter credit and the chance to roll for any other drops, plus the promise from me to help any others out afterwards/at other times for artefacts they wanted to go for. I have always found acquaintaces in Albion to be primarily very helpful and accommodating, as I have always tried to be in return. Quid pro quo, as they say... asking a favour with the earnest promise of returning it at a later date (and anyone who knows me in game is fully aware of how reliable and helpful I am on that score).

If you read my initial post and interpreted it as my claiming that I don't have many friends in game then I apologise for not making myself clearer... and hope that your comment was not an externalisation of any psychoses left over from unfortunate personal experiences you may have had in (or out of) the game :cool: (sorry, cheap shot there... but not altogether unprovoked).

jnh

Loyal Freddie
imo set it up as a full artifact hunt night and get some of the other tough encounters done aswell. i cant imagine many people wanting to help out with the high change of no reward (i wouldnt class the encounter as a reward, as stated its that rare its hardly ever for sale)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Kalthorine said:
<sigh>... and they say Albion isn't as cynical as some people make out

Hehe... no problem if you don't want to come to help out, Corran - I was under the impression that I was pretty honest and open about my request, in that I was quite up front about asking for help with no immediate benefits for those who did turn up other than encounter credit and the chance to roll for any other drops, plus the promise from me to help any others out afterwards/at other times for artefacts they wanted to go for. I have always found acquaintaces in Albion to be primarily very helpful and accommodating, as I have always tried to be in return. Quid pro quo, as they say... asking a favour with the earnest promise of returning it at a later date (and anyone who knows me in game is fully aware of how reliable and helpful I am on that score).

If you read my initial post and interpreted it as my claiming that I don't have many friends in game then I apologise for not making myself clearer... and hope that your comment was not an externalisation of any psychoses left over from unfortunate personal experiences you may have had in (or out of) the game (sorry, cheap shot there... but not altogether unprovoked).

I make my comment based on how alot of things are like on prydwen atm. People that say they will turn up often dont for one reason or another etc. Alot of the server wont do things without personal gain.
Im a pesimistic sod at times :) especially when i only just got up :p
also the time to start a mass arty hunt be too late for alot on a week night. Say 1hr to do yours. then you got to travel about after arrange what is next, people start to drop out as they got no chance of doing one they want etc. It the way of daoc.

And take as many cheap shots as you like at me. I will just laugh at you as you do so, i got a long tether but in the end i will take said cheapshots back all at once :p That or just hug spam you till you complain that im harrassing you with it <hugs gwila :p >

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
I did this with 1FG, had 2 icewizards and powerfont and paladin + reaver...1 cleric I think...which I was playing. Also got a couple of cloudsong scrolls and some other stuff in the process.

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
I make my comment based on how alot of things are like on prydwen atm. People that say they will turn up often dont for one reason or another etc. Alot of the server wont do things without personal gain.
Im a pesimistic sod at times especially when i only just got up.
also the time to start a mass arty hunt be too late for alot on a week night. Say 1hr to do yours. then you got to travel about after arrange what is next, people start to drop out as they got no chance of doing one they want etc. It the way of daoc.

And take as many cheap shots as you like at me. I will just laugh at you as you do so, i got a long tether but in the end i will take said cheapshots back all at once :p That or just hug spam you till you complain that im harrassing you with it
Having just re-read what I posted, it did come out a lot nastier than I intended, Corran (damn blank text and its inability to express emotional context effectively!). Therefore, please accept my unreserved apologies for any offence... I am not a flamer or troller by nature, or given to petty knee-jerk reactions, I can assure you. And what you say about people dropping out is in my experience morre realistic than pessimistic and you do make a very valid point.

Although I do take offence at one thing you say... NO ONE can out-hug the Jaffa Paladin! :wub:

{hugs Corran}
{hugs Corran}
{hugs Corran}
{hugs Corran}
{gets cramp hugging Corran}
{gets carried away hugging Corran... :wij: }

Chalcodes

Fledgling Freddie
I'l try to get there.

I don't want the shield and credit would be no good to me cos I haven't even got a char that could ever use it.

But! It's a raid setting off at a great starting time, it sounds like fun and just because it's nice to be able to help when I would otherwise be doing nothing special :D

Unless somebodies running ml4 tonight? :wub:

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Chalcodes said:
I'l try to get there.

I don't want the shield and credit would be no good to me cos I haven't even got a char that could ever use it.

But! It's a raid setting off at a great starting time, it sounds like fun and just because it's nice to be able to help when I would otherwise be doing nothing special :D

Unless somebodies running ml4 tonight? :wub:
{hugs Chalcodes as well}

... grrr :mad: dammit Corran you've got me stuck in hug-mode now! :p

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Well, thanks to all who turned up to help out last night… numbers were not a problem as we went in with over 2.5 Full Groups. Unfortunately, lack of class-specific numbers in the healing and pbaoe department meant that we were ultimately unsuccessful – but it was a damn good night's entertainment nonetheless and we did get a few nice drops to lotto afterwards (2 or 3 very nice ROG items and 5 artifact scrolls).

Thanks to all Raid members, and in particular for the positive feedback you all gave afterwards – getting overwhelmed by over 30 rampaging centaur adds has never been more fun! I intend to give it another go at a later date with a more balanced set of groups, and you are all more than welcome to join me again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom