Shh...did you know about DAOC 2?

O

old.Tohtori

Well, since i work for the gaming industry(ask around, GFX designer), i get little bits and zigs of information from all around the gaming world and this info is usually kept a secret. Well, since this is too juicy and too "not old" to post i will! I know noone at Mythic ever reads this so i won't get into a heap of trouble and always i can blame the little birds for singing it :D

But on to the point. The last time some people from our company(Housemarque) met the people from Mythic they got some "unofficial" information about the sequal of DAoC and here's the little info i heard from a co-worker.

- Dark Age of Camelot sequal is well under way. Desings are almost 100% and the gameplay code /gfx dev teams have allready begun.

- The working title is named "Reign of Terror" and evidently the return of King Arthur is a big part of it. Hey, we can resurrect the common fighters...why not him? :p

- The RoT will have five realms, two new to the old hibernia, midgard and albion. The undead realm (they had a fancy name for it..necrus or something...working titles anyway) and The Astral.

- The undead realm, well, their dead! Ghouls, skeletons, ghosts etc. You know, dead stuff.

- The Astral (imo) is the best one yet. Basicly these are dreambeings, nightmares, souls of the dead and the like. They don't use weapons per say but use mental strikes and the kind. Psyche! :D

- The battle system will be something you've never seen before with up to 20 mobs against even one fighter at the same time. The battles are going to be huge!

- As an addition to the two new realms, classic updated realms( stuff torn up etc...tooth of time if you catch my drift), dungeons (like Darkness falls) and the shrouded isles, there will be the world of Astral and the undead to explore as well. And not only if you play the realm. (read on)

-Each realm has 6 races and with a new more flexible system of experience dividing by what you do, the classic profession titles might be the past. This time you learn what you do. Keep throwing DD's in each battle, you get a bomber. Keep fighting mobs with a stick, you do survive with that stick in RvR. Ofcourse there are guidelines to a "classic" thing you might want to do with a class but this gives a lot more to those who arn't that conventional.

- Realm related tasks, quests, hunting. The system is at an early stage of dev but there are plans for a possibility to fight in other realms. It's basicly like going to an RvR area but a lot more enemy oriented. This gives players a lot (four realms!) more to explore but the risks are high as those new places are in enemy territory.

- Realms are divided a bit, meaning there are two sections to each realm, the one where you can exp in peace and the other where enemy realm members might appear in.

-Servers are, depending on popularity and old player bases, switched to three english servers. One server can hold atleast twice the same amount as old ones, adding to the size of each realm and making RvR even bigger!

Sorry that i can't be more "techy" and tell all the comp specs needed and such because i simply can't remember them. In any case, it's coming along and is planned for release in summer 2005. I know i'll be waiting!

O

old.Tohtori

Well like Ripley said... "Believe it or not"

Not my problem.

L

living

haha u had me for a sec there. tho i where a bit unsure about it.

A

Archeon

hehe, you had me up untill the part with the new 'levelling' system. Nice try but i won't be gotten so easily :)

C

Cush

You never had me... way to much text to read so i got bored and started to look at the replays insted :)

S

Sharma

Mythic have dismissed these rumors time after time :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom