Shaun of the Dead released!

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
So exciting! :D

Gonna go see it tonight at 7pm!! Yay yay yay!! Hope the cinema isn't full of chav scum because I'm already in a bad mood and I'm not sure how much more 'angry' my brain can handle. :p

mank!

Part of the furniture
I'm going to see it next Tuesday, cos it's cheap day at the cinema and I'm a pikey! Looking forward to it.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Just got back from seeing it. Started off ok, got better, was quite funny then just .... went on.

Spaced on the big screen, but too long.

Its "ok", made me laugh from time to time which is more than a lot of Hollywood shite will ever do.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Wanted to see it this weekend but think I'll maybe go see it some time next week. Thought about taking the young lady to it but she'll expect me to pay so balls to that. Reckon I'll just pop round her flat and recommend a nice 'cosy night in' tonight instead, getting pissed tomorrow for my mates stag do.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
From that response Sig, i'm guessing you haven't a bloody clue what it's about. :)

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
So this is, what, the 15,000th "...of the Dead" film?
Ah, but this one is a romantic comedy.

Yes, with Zombies.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
BUT ITS A ROMZOMCOM!!!!!

( dear god shoot me now )

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Just saw it and I loved it! :D There were some very, very funny bits in it.

I'm not sure I would find it as funny the second time around though...still, look forward to getting it on DVD. :)

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I went to see the passion of christ today (don't ask me why), and some of it was quite horrible. It actually kept my interest till the end though so it couldn't have been too bad.

Sigurd

Banned
FuzzyLogic said:
From that response Sig, i'm guessing you haven't a bloody clue what it's about. :)

Clearly no, I'm just guessing by the name...

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Saw SotD last night too and I loved it. Starts quite funnny, gets very very funny, then the laughs die off a bit towards the end as it gets quite serious.

Never heard so much swearing in a film - especially a 15 - and I heard what must be the only time I've ever heard "the C-word" used in a (non-pr0n) film. They even say "twat" all the way through it which is most uncommon and bound to have the yanks very confused!

I can see this being a word-of-mouth hit - I've never known an audience (who I actually thoughty might not appreciate the humour) go off like that before!

Summo

Loyal Freddie
I too saw this last night (sold out at the cinema which I was somehow proud about) and loved it! I very rarely laugh out loud at a film, but I was laughing loads during this. Brilliant. It'll be a DVD hit and its great to see a genuinely funny British film that isn't fluffy and nice with Hugh Grant in.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Jonny_Darko said:
Never heard so much swearing in a film - especially a 15 - and I heard what must be the only time I've ever heard "the C-word" used in a (non-pr0n) film.

You've not seen Glengarry Glenn Ross?

Sar

Part of the furniture
Xtro said:
Just got back from seeing it. Started off ok, got better, was quite funny then just .... went on.

Spaced on the big screen, but too long.

Its "ok", made me laugh from time to time which is more than a lot of Hollywood shite will ever do.
Ditto to that.

Wife thought it was "ok", but she's said she's picking the film next time.

:)

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
dam u all i want to see it :p aww well gotta w8 till i get sum ppl together :s

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
I've been chuckling all day actually remembering little bitsfrom here and there. The "he touched me" moment and the dart-in-the-head thing were genius. Also loved the whole getting up, going to the shop and not noticing anything - especially slipping on the blood. Simon Pegg's a darnded genius.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Jo and I saw it this afternoon. I loved it, though I agree about the way it went on a bit near the end. Jo, however, really doesn't like blood and gore - at all - so didn't enjoy it. Which is a real shame, because we were both laughing out loud throughout at the rest of it. In fact, it's one of the few films I've seen where the whole audience has laughed out loud throughout. Was really enjoyable for that :)

I loved Spaced, though I found the second series much funnier than the first and this was more like the second. It had the slightly more absurd slant to it.
I fucking hated the bit where he had to shoot his mum though, it just seemed really wrong in the mood of the film up to that point

The part where Shaun and his troop meet up with Daisy was wonderful. (ahem, can't remember the film character name, so Spaced will have to do). The ability to cram in cameos from 'everyone' in Alt.Sitcom-land in one place was absolutely brilliant. Especially George Doors ;)

But yes, the more I think back at it the more I enjoy it. :)

Oooh oooh and the bit right at the end, where they're flicking through the BCC/Sky/Channel 4 news reports of "6 months on" and it announces something like: "a theory that the invasion was caused by the use of chemicals in somethingorother later turned out to be bullsh.." *switch off tele*. Words to that effect anyway, ending in Bulsh. ;)

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Shovel said:
Oooh oooh and the bit right at the end, where they're flicking through the BCC/Sky/Channel 4 news reports of "6 months on" and it announces something like: "a theory that the invasion was caused by the use of chemicals in somethingorother later turned out to be bullsh.." *switch off tele*. Words to that effect anyway, ending in Bulsh. ;)

The words to that effect were "caused by rage-infested monkeys", a dig at 28 Days Later

Summo

Loyal Freddie
Shovel said:

Grnk! Grnk! The comedy of this bit is because...
...it's a 28 Days Later reference. The newscaster says (and I'm paraphrasing here) "Reports that the incident was caused by rage-infested monkeys has turned out to be b..." That had me chuckling for quite some time, especially given Simon Pegg's vocal dislike of the new 'fast and furious' zombie style that seems to be the fashion.
What a great film! :D

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
So, is the consensus that it's a must see for a Spaced fan?

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Shovel said:
In fact, it's one of the few films I've seen where the whole audience has laughed out loud throughout. Was really enjoyable for that :)

Yeah, me too. I don't tend to go to comedies in cinemas because so few people do, and it can be weird, but when EVERYONE is laughing out loud it kind of spurs everyone on. It rocked, some guy behind me was in tears!

I really hope it's a success - I can see word of mouth moving pretty fast on it!

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Shovel, you found that joke funny despite missing the reference?

The mark of a funny film I'd say!

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
I've not seen 28 days later, so no, I didn't know the reference. I found it funny just for the comic timing and the randomness of a serious news report ending with the word
bullshit

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
That's weird, because I was so preoccupied getting the reference (and feeling smug, and telling the "girlfriend") that I actually missed that it was funny regardless!

Multi-textural comedic layering!

28 Days Later is a pretty cool film too, worth checking out.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
Summo said:
Oh dear God, yes!

Right.... I'm off to see it tomorrow then :) I'm a massive fan of Spaced. I hope they get around to doing a third series some time.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
gunner440 said:
class film

laughter from start to finish ;D

Well it gets a bit serious towards the end, but the final scenes resume the humour so you go out feeling good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom