Shame

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Hi

Tis a shame that the infi vs sb war is still so terribly unbalanced after all this time. Been experimenting with alts to see the damage different specs can do as i now have a level 50. The difference between a well buffed and specced inf as opposed to the same sb is just plain rediculous. There is no other way to describe it. Tried everything imaginable to find a way to increase an sb's damage but nothing works. If you use la your damage is awful even if you have way over 200 str, and the same goes for using crit. Full crit and over 200 str results in a max hit on mainhand using 4.2 speed weap of around 70 if you lucky. In the meantime an inf will hit you back for 100-140 with a faster weap. There is no way on earth this should have been allowed to be so for so long. If you use the same speed weap mainhand as an inf your damage can drop to around 40 whilst theirs is still up around 100 or more?

I played when sbs were uber using la but this difference now has been allowed to run for too long. Mythic must have lost loads of players because of this and it is a damn shame.

'Use 2 handed' i hear you say! Forget it cos against an inf that hits much faster and for more what is the point. You miss a great deal with it and it is no way to melee for an sb.

A whine that is falling on deaf ears once more i know but this really is no way to run a game. All everyone wants is a fair and level playing field.

MKJ

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
u cant have a fair level playing field in Thid. the game isnt made to have a fair playingfield in pvp at those levels... hell it isnt made to be fair at end game rvr either....

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
in thid assasins are quite near each other.
whit my spec i see difference in dmg, just try usually avoid pa:s and bs:s and hope procs on my weapons have good day.

sometimes when mids had all 3 relics i even outdmg infs after they pa me, but my sb is allways buffed and have crafted armours and weapons, many times these infs didnt have anything these, or mainly atleast no buffs.

hmm last time i was in thid was doing whit garrote ~70 to 90dmg, laxe hitting around 13dmg :D
spec is, if remember correct, 15 axe and 13 or 14 laxe. 21 cs.
using 100% cs line styles, pa, bs, garrote backing up whit hamstring.

hitpoints 719, dont remember rest but can fill here later if someone want?
personally like my sb and have fun whit it, 0 group so far and try solo (avoid adds, maybe sometimes help mids if in trouble)
hmm so far ment only 1 inf what i have kill only 1 time and he me 2 :) but what seen he isnt anymore in thidraki?

Svendoc

One of Freddy's beloved
Think thid assassin are very near eachother although always find that Nightshades were the toughest.

The great thing about thid assassins I have found is regardless of char stats ability there is alot of fun to had by all who can play a classs better than there opponent :D

My Fav are infils who attack my doggy :D i love you guys :D thanx for RPS :touch:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i think SB's actually come out on top when fully buffed and SC'd versus and equally buffed/SC'd infil, my current SB spec (and probably best one ive done so far :p ) is:

17 axe
10 LA
21 CS
19 stealth
4 envenom

this spec has allowed me to go toe-toe with fully buffed infils and come out on top in majority of fights, if i get PA first with 2 hander then im almost guaranteed to win, if not, well i can usually pull myself out of a tricky situation :)

though its pretty boring playing fully buffed in thid :p

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
I think its fairly even tbh.

I win fights against other stealthers, SB & NS, about 50% of the time if I don't get the drop on them. If I do, its usually game over for them straight away. If they get me, then I lose.

I don't see a problem.

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
In thidranki I think that SB's are slightly favoured, if only for the fact that left axe always swings so has a greater chance to land 2xpoisons on first attack, or 3 if start with a 2hander, not to mention the hp difference, which is like maybr 50-60hps in thid. However when it comes to buffs spec af is really nice on infil, but at the end of the day if a buffed/scded NS/SB/INF fight one another I would say it is who ever gets their PA/BS2 in, if neither manages then it is purely luck on misses/evades that creates the end result.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Sendraks said:
I think its fairly even tbh.

I win fights against other stealthers, SB & NS, about 50% of the time if I don't get the drop on them. If I do, its usually game over for them straight away. If they get me, then I lose.

I don't see a problem.

So if you get the drop on them 50 % of the times, and they on you 50 % of the times.

You 75 %
Them 25%

How can you say that is fairly even? :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Tasslehoff said:
How can you say that is fairly even? :)

because alot of stealthers in thid seem to have no clue how to play their classes :p

a well played NS with SC > all

i think it was venombladez i saw kil a buffed inf while he was unbuffed.........

i have come close as a SB to kill buffed infs while unbuffed but it required alot of luck on my part (if i do win) and abit of sneaky weapon switching :p

fully buffed stealthers arent much fun to play in thid though since you can 2-3 shot the unbuffed AND un'SC'd ones and the crappy ones that have got SC are very easy to beat too and so not much of a challenge :(

though what that eventually leads to is infils running unstealthed with the caster zerg and thus dont really join in the stealth vs stealth battles elsewhere and dont learn the class properly, which is a shame

(thats why i hardly play Weelil anymore, and the fact that my hunter at 50 is far more fun most of the time helps too :p )

Haroat

Fledgling Freddie
dont see what the fuss is... at 50 the difference isnt "that" much... but its noticable... Gwao (Invisibul i think) got pa off on me, i out melee'd him and was left on about 30% after he took me to 60% from pa... have played sb + ns + inf in thid.. and tbh i found sb > inf > ns .. infil has the more spec points.. but it doesnt really matter that much till mini dings come into play.. imo u have a crappy spec / weapons or are just plain unlucky :p

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
All wrong

Well sorry to disagree with all you 'uber's sbs out there but the game mechanics are crippling you.

LA = 80% main hand damage (could be less)

Scenario:

Inf lines up with a sb (Norse), both have sc'd gear, have the best buffs and are using 4.2 mainhand speed weaps and the fastest offhand weaps (2.2 thrust & 2.4 sb). This is so you are supposedly balanced.

No perf and you both hit each other.

1st inf is a thrust inf (Saracen) with extremely high dex and quickness which is his trademark.

The inf will hit you less than a slash inf due to thrust vs leather disadvantage, but still for a very decent amount. Putting the damage at less (for this posting) to begin with he hits for 80 (might be more) mainhand and 25 offhand. He still hits faster owing to the fact that as a Saracen he is that much faster than a Norse to begin with even though la is suppose to speed up combat (and does).

All 'good' infs will use debuff on you (level 22 poison), which ruins your damage output as you will get a major str reduction of around 60-80 (can't remember exact amount).

SB hits back.

Starting damage was 100 mainhand and 30 offhand as stated above - but la kicks in! Your 100 damage is straight away reduced to 80 mainhand. Then the af buff the inf has will reduce that close to another 10. Then the debuff kicks in and your damage is now down another 5-10. You can realistically expect to hit back for 60 mainhand on this particular inf. You will not hit him faster because he is that much faster to begin with. You could ofcourse have used debuff on him too but his damage output will not reduce any. Swapping to a 2 hander which stops the la mechanics from reducing your damage output will only enable the extemely agile inf to evade more and we all know wot that means when you are fighting with a slow 2 hander!

OK - a slash inf.

A good one with the best gear on and using the slowest weaps will hit you for 100-150 on mainhand and a heck offa lot on offhand. You on the other hand will hit the same as above on the Thrust inf - for 60 mainhand! This equates to less than half the damage output as i said at the beginning.

You do win fights obviously but you are starting badly disadvantaged. Luck plays a big part as well. But i will say this the 'best' infs in Thid don't show themselves often. The players bring them out when their other alt has been killed or there is some other reason to do so. The ones constantly playing are not the best of the bunch by a long shot.

MKJ

Ormorof

FH is my second home
You can realistically expect to hit back for 60 mainhand on this particular inf.

explain then to me how i hit for up to 130 on infs?

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Why?

Because you use a 2 hander if i remember rightly. Using a 2 hander enables you to hit for your correct amount as la mechanics is not reducing your output at all. Also you are hitting infs that do not have the best gear or af buffs on obviously. Some infs fall easily but i am talking about long term players who have the best stuff.

MKJ

Ormorof

FH is my second home
MKJ said:
Because you use a 2 hander if i remember rightly. Using a 2 hander enables you to hit for your correct amount as la mechanics is not reducing your output at all. Also you are hitting infs that do not have the best gear or af buffs on obviously. Some infs fall easily but i am talking about long term players who have the best stuff.

MKJ

i use a spd 4.2 mainhand and a spd 3.4 offhand :eek:

i only use 2 hander for PA or if im bored :p

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
?

Well all i can say is that yu must be finding some naked infs running around in Thid then. Show postings of such damage on a regular basis and also the dead inf on the floor after to see if buffed or not.

Played buffed Norse sbs with 220 str and 4.2 speed mainhand weaps and no way would or could i hit for the amount you are talking about, even on a rubbish inf.

By the way the more you say how 'uber' you are the less chance this game will ever reach a balance for stealthers again.

MKJ

Ormorof

FH is my second home
By the way the more you say how 'uber' you are the less chance this game will ever reach a balance for stealthers again.

you cant balance things based on thidranki, since characters arent fully developed yet, at higher levels infils are far better than SB's, but not in BG, if there is a gap, its very small and its compensated by the fact that 90% of infils in thidranki havent got a clue how to play their class

Haroat

Fledgling Freddie
i agree with orm... i hit for more than 100 reguly... making an sb this weekend just to prove this point :p

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Unbalance

Hi

Point i am making is that you can't possibly equal the damage output of an inf as the game is biased. Why?

1. LA is reducing mainhand by at least 20%. There is a speed compensation for this which is a nonsense because the reduction is too great.
2. Armour. Slash weak armour on an SB boosts a slash inf damage against you hugely whereas theirs is resistant or neutral to slash. Ever wondered why you can kill sbs in duels far easier than you can an inf?
3. Their buffs. Their af buff will knock off about 10 damage at Thid level if the buffer is at the right level.
4. Their debuff capability. Inf with 2.5 spec points can have 22 poison for the debuff yet still have full stealth and good enough weapon spec.

All the above add up to 30-50% damage reduction against you that you can't overcome. I am not talking about game play because i know that lots of sbs are really good players with good reaction times. The point is the damage imbalance which is apparent from the above and does not get any better at higher levels. At 50 a thrust inf has the stun off evade and the slash inf is still hitting for mega amounts. The debuff is also still in evidence at higher levels.

Don't forget base your findings on similar buffed sc'd infs and not partially buffed infs with poor armour. If you play sbs for long enough you should know a good inf's name.

MKJ
PS: i am just getting this off my chest so to speak because i have actually stopped playing the game now. Trying to get more fresh air now the sun is ashining.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
maybe all those stealthers that love to solo play Thid should move to a PvP server

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
who the fck cares about the performance of the 3 assasins in thidranki anyway this game is about balancing things at lvl 50 not for the battlegrounds. My fully buffed and sc'ed infil did get hit for about 80-90 damage by sb's too and I did not do more than 80-90 damage to them with garrote either so the balance is good imo. Think you just dont have a clue how to play a sb and prob you're just spamming the lvl 2 starter style :eek:

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Prat

Mate u were a prat the last time i played and you are still one. **** off.

MKJ

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
why worry about all the balancing etc???

even a 5yr old who played daoc for 1 day cud tell the game isnt balanced and for those who have played since the start and still take an active interest...mythic will never balance anything they just add things on to try to change but instead making things worse (most of the time)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:
Mate u were a prat the last time i played and you are still one. **** off.

MKJ

Lol where the fuck do you know me from then as far as I know I didnt had problems with anyone in particular in the time I've been playing this game so stop spreading out bullshit imo and learn to play your class better. I am not your mate btw :eek:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
is it just me or are there alot of relatively new short tempered mids running around? especially at BG levels? i dont understand why anyone lets a game frustrate them, enjoy it while you can and log while you are on the high(or before you fall any lower! :D ) thats how ive always managed to stay at least semi-active in daoc :p

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
is it just me or are there alot of relatively new short tempered mids running around? especially at BG levels? i dont understand why anyone lets a game frustrate them, enjoy it while you can and log while you are on the high(or before you fall any lower! :D ) thats how ive always managed to stay at least semi-active in daoc :p

you are fat tho, so that doesn't count!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Dommelsch said:
you are fat tho, so that doesn't count!

im not :(

time for dinner though :m00:

(thought the cow was strangely appropriate :eek6: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom