Shame shame shame...

Hekate

Fledgling Freddie
Diabalo Diabolica <The Dragon Senate>

Nice lagjumping at the Midgard stairs in DF... Watched you do it 3 times in a row...so hardly a mistake.... :(

I wont mention the mincer you had with you, as he jumped down the second he got up (unlike you, who started attacking people)...

exploit1.JPG

exploit2.JPG

exploit3.JPG

exploit4.JPG

exploit5.JPG

</firsteverwhinethread>

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
its like lagstrafing: its not intended, but it is in the game, either accept it or dont...

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Actually no, they have stated you can get banned for killing people at the stairs.

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
Morchaoron said:
its like lagstrafing: its not intended, but it is in the game, either accept it or dont...

And if don´t accept just do as with other cheaters found ... report and hope for banning.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Zlugugg Benvis said:
And if don´t accept just do as with other cheaters found ... report and hope for banning.

did windowdraggers get banned then? what about lagmovewarpers? no difference with this: a feature in the game!

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
Bullshit, this is something that is easily identifyable and avoidable. either dont do it, or get banned

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Mavericky said:
Bullshit, this is something that is easily identifyable and avoidable. either dont do it, or get banned

how odd, i always thought the severity of bugs was measured by the amount of 'damage' it causes to the game, the 2 lagtricks cause far more damage then someone jumping on the stair to do exactly...... what? getting in range of the rp hungry buffbots (or alexeis) to kill you? also they fixed those stairs 3 times and people can still get on them with ease

imo for that mythic isnt even allowed to whine about people getting on those stairs, one of those devs should get fired instead, bloody money sucking morons...

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
abusing a bug to your advantage (i.e killing other players etc)(like the necroes that hid their pets inside wall and started killing people) is illegal as stated by mythic, any proof of this could lead to a ban, and has already lead to several bans.

stop defending abusers, he has proof, goodbye necro?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Morchaoron said:
how odd, i always thought the severity of bugs was measured by the amount of 'damage' it causes to the game, the 2 lagtricks cause far more damage then someone jumping on the stair to do exactly...... what? getting in range of the rp hungry buffbots (or alexeis) to kill you? also they fixed those stairs 3 times and people can still get on them with ease

imo for that mythic isnt even allowed to whine about people getting on those stairs, one of those devs should get fired instead, bloody money sucking morons...
Lag tactics are very hard to dispell, they can be down to a lot of factors, the players connection speed, his PC speed or if hes doing it deliberately. But also on the provision of evidence.

To date I have only seen 1 video of someone proved to be using a lag bug in the US, and from memory he got bannedkthxbyebye. But its only pure luck they got that video.

Getting on the steps of DF is bannable becuase you are deliberately using a known bug or lag cheat to get your character somewhere that could give you a distinct advantage over other players.

This topic has been brought up in the Friday news on a few occasions, and everyone on here and BW has mentioned it time and time again. Not only that you agree not to bug abuse every time you log in through the CoC and EULA.

Cheatings cheating. Get caught, you know the price.

Wee Soulkeeper

Fledgling Freddie
It´s really funny to see this "Morchaoron" soul always defending Bug abusers :)

Makes me wonder....

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well its been stated its illegal, but the easiest thing to fix it in DF would be to move thoose guards above the stair just at the top of the stairs and give them abilities to 1 hit kill everything even necro in shade. And lag in DF atleast for me is higher than anywhere else.

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:

ROFL not even close Buster........

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Damon_D said:
ROFL not even close Buster........

HAHAHA

so you honestly think walking around warping 5 meters to each side every second was intended??? k m8!!!

it is never intended in any game, its called 'screenjumping' in most games, which works on the nerves almost every player anywhere (except when you can actually control it yourself like you can with it here)

its not strafing itself which is bad its the code that makes it work bad (you can do it with any movement but strafing makes it much easier), ofcourse its far from illegal but its not a feature either

It´s really funny to see this "Morchaoron" soul always defending Bug abusers :)

Makes me wonder....

not really defending, if you want to report him: be my guest, i dont care
i just find it extremely funny to see people whining about such a stupid 'exploit' :rolleyes:

Garok

Can't get enough of FH

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
Screeny shows he lagged but were's the SS of him casting ?

good one, he could have just been lagging and now that guy with the screenies is trying to get him banned, wheres the hard proof? got none? can goa be arsed to check the logs (if thats logged)? no?

case closed kkthxbye :rolleyes:

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
TDS never condones any sort of bug abuse and any report of such is taken seriously.

That said, until we know for sure that he was abusing the bug (and not just lagging) then all you have are some screenies of one of our members jumping up and down.

It will be checked into for sure. If he did do this (and knew it was a bug) then we will subject him to 12 hrs of listening to Cas' silly jokes and Choppy's awful limmericks. :p

But seriously, it will be looked into. He just recently started playing the game again, so it is possible he did not know this was against the rules.

Eynar

Fledgling Freddie
Lol, so now it's possible to lag up those stairs too or what? :kissit:

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Talking of norty fings ... I was in odins toight and was about to Kill meself to go to DF when the Wizards popped up to port me back ... So im sitting on the Port Stone with about 70 hit points left when i get Volle'd by some hunter/ranger and killed. Bonus i think free trip back to Goth

Now is this Worse then said bloke lag jumping up the steps ... im supposed to be safe in my portal keep (Hence tough as old boots guards etc) yet i was still attacked .. ???? ;)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
Talking of norty fings ... I was in odins toight and was about to Kill meself to go to DF when the Wizards popped up to port me back ... So im sitting on the Port Stone with about 70 hit points left when i get Volle'd by some hunter/ranger and killed. Bonus i think free trip back to Goth

Now is this Worse then said bloke lag jumping up the steps ... im supposed to be safe in my portal keep (Hence tough as old boots guards etc) yet i was still attacked .. ???? ;)
That was covered in news a month or so ago. You aren't immune from attack in a portal keep, there are ways (mainly GTAoE type attacks) that you can be legitimately targetted whilst inside the keep. It is however an exploit to try and get inside the keep (and yes before everyone goes on about it, I know it's quite easily possible if you have a lot of HPs and are charging the doors with a group)

bashir

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
It is however an exploit to try and get inside the keep (and yes before everyone goes on about it, I know it's quite easily possible if you have a lot of HPs and are charging the doors with a group)
Bollocks, it is no exploit trying to get or getting inside the portal keep (mpk/apk/hpk), its only an exploit when you enter a border keep (Svasud Faste, Castle Sauvage, etc).

Big difference imo

Puppet

Part of the furniture
bashir said:
Bollocks, it is no exploit trying to get or getting inside the portal keep (mpk/apk/hpk), its only an exploit when you enter a border keep (Svasud Faste, Castle Sauvage, etc).

Big difference imo

Aye; charging a portal keep is no bannable-offence. However you're not allowed to charge into the main-lands of an enemy realm.

In current patch thats pretty tough tho. Tho a mincer with SOS and some good RA's might be able to get on the roof of Druim Ligen :)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Platina said:

Nope i guess hes just got the common sence not to go "she's a witch can we burn her!!" ever time some one accusess another of being a cheat.

All u have is a couple of screen shots of some one laggin .. DF is laggy when turnovers occur .. not sure if has a bot .. but dual loggin + fighting at the steps causes a lot of lag. So with flimsy so called Proof u want some one's account band because they dont happen to be in the same realm as you.

If their was better evidence of cheating yes said person should have his account put on hold etc. But its only a game ffs :wub:

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
Garok said:
So with flimsy so called Proof u want some one's account band because they dont happen to be in the same realm as you.

What does Realm have to do with it ? I report all cheaters no matter what realm.

Practice what ya preach ... so until you give proof dont acuse him for only reporting other realms cheaters.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Zlugugg Benvis said:
Practice what ya preach ... so until you give proof dont acuse him for only reporting other realms cheaters.

Were does it say that here ?

Garok said:
So with flimsy so called Proof u want some one's account band because they dont happen to be in the same realm as you.

Does it say their that he only accuses People from the other realms. Nope :twak:

The point i am trying to make is how often do you see posts from Mids accuseing other Mids of Lag jumping or Albs accuseing Albs of lag jumping .... hmmmmmmm never.

Zlugugg Benvis said:
What does Realm have to do with it ? I report all cheaters no matter what realm.
Ps how many mids have u reported for cheating ... hmmmm none prehaps :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom