Shaman tips

O

old.Braecia

Here are some pointers for beginning Shamans.

- Don't worry about getting a group, people will want you for your heals and bufs.

- Don't worry yet about cave-magic. With our current patch version cave-magic is worthless. Try to focus on mending and augmentation. You can always respec into cave in the future when we get the new patch.

- Res people when you can but don't feel forced to res them. You are not obligated to walk for 30 minutes just because someone sends you a request to come res them.

- Do not ask money for your res.

- The first thing you do when you join a group is buf, buf and buf. Then you can go and fight mobs.

- Try to use your smallest healspel. You will heal quicker and you will draw less agro. Only use your big healspells when it is really needed.

- Try not to fight with your hammer. You will build up aggro and once you need to heal the monster can turn on you.

- When things go bad, let the fighters die and run away. You can come back later to res them. This is better then that everyone dies and you need to release and come back to res.

- When you do die and the rest of your group is also dead AND there are no healers around. You should release and come back to res the others.

- In rvr stand back and let the tanks protect you.

- In rvr stand back and heal as much as you can.

- In rvr res as many people as you can.

- I usually think of myself as a fieldmedic in rvr. I just click around like a madman to see if someone is hurt and I quickly cast a heal spell on the ones that are hurt. Just a quick patch 'em up.

Ok these are my pointers. I hope you can do something with them. Also check out these websites for more info about the Shaman:
http://www.daoc-shaman.com/
http://copland.udel.edu/~trevor/camelot/midgard/shaman.shtml - classes of camelot

Users who are viewing this thread