15 Piety

Other Bonuses
22 Healing Effectiveness
27 % Power Pool
34 AF
18 Stat Buff Effectiveness
5 Fatigue
13 Casting Speed

This is what I came up with on my shamy (46 aug), mostly used in group, comments please! (I buff with 2-h so i have over 25 buffbonus wehn i buff)

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Get better dex cap, and dont bother scing +cave in temp. U shud use items with good charges on like phoebus harp or winged helm if u dont alrdy have em in template :)

Arepa

One of Freddy's beloved
Whel 25% buff Bonus is a must at al time. cba switching items during RB in fights.. takes too long.

Kanim

Banned
get 25% buff bonus in the actual template and use malice in 2h slot.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
I don’t see anything to mele dam and speed. And what about spell range. Your bolt is your main weapon. ;)

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Kathal said:
I don’t see anything to mele dam and speed. And what about spell range. Your bolt is your main weapon. ;)
Bolting Shammies, should be executed. Shears, root, dissease and rebuff is a shammies job. Dont go for battler as 2h, get sog instead. The use on that will save you from a MA train.
100 dexcap, 10 castspeed and atleast 8 range. A must is either WH (eventhough it looks so ghey) or PH for the charge. Same for BoZ, CB and sash (for the arcane siphon), and try and fit in EoY if you can.
Its best to get the 25% buffbonus if you can but its up to the player if he can manage to buff midfight and switch to buffitem at same time.
Last thing: Cap your powerpool atleast, or even better get around 30-35%...

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Chap said:
Bolting Shammies, should be executed. Shears, root, dissease and rebuff is a shammies job. Dont go for battler as 2h, get sog instead. The use on that will save you from a MA train.
100 dexcap, 10 castspeed and atleast 8 range. A must is either WH (eventhough it looks so ghey) or PH for the charge. Same for BoZ, CB and sash (for the arcane siphon), and try and fit in EoY if you can.
Its best to get the 25% buffbonus if you can but its up to the player if he can manage to buff midfight and switch to buffitem at same time.
Last thing: Cap your powerpool atleast, or even better get around 30-35%...
I usually enjoy when people with no clue try to educate others but this pissed me off. SOG can get resisted and will not help versus charging tanks, also the duration is very short so it's not worth it imo. Battler always helps you vs tanks and can also be used offensive for the debuff. Bolting shamans should be executed? So every shaman doing it's job (interupting, think you missed that in your description of what a shaman should do) should be executed then, in your opinion. Having a bolt has saved my groupmates lives many times when a caster outside my range is nuking freely. I would also like you to explain to me why a template must have "atleast 8 range". If you get 5 you're pretty much covered by auras. If you have ever played a shaman you would also know that power is not a big issue. I run with 22% powerpool (and no jacinas sash) and have MCL1 and RP1 and i rarely go oop. If you feel you go oop alot, stack up with potions and get MCL2, no need to remake template to fit more powerpool.

This template looks decent, though you shouldn't waste imbuepoints getting +cave as it won't help you in any way and i personally would rather cap spirit resist than energy.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
moik said:
I run with 22% powerpool (and no jacinas sash) and have MCL1 and RP1 and i rarely go oop. If you feel you go oop alot, stack up with potions and get MCL2, no need to remake template to fit more powerpool.

I disagree with you here, I am running with over 10% more pow than you and I seem to go oop a lot with mcl, but as said mcl2 fixes it ;)

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
I disagree with you here, I am running with over 10% more pow than you and I seem to go oop a lot with mcl, but as said mcl2 fixes it ;)
I only have 30 seconds each fight to waste my power, thats why i don't need more! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Chap

Loyal Freddie
moik said:
I usually enjoy when people with no clue try to educate others but this pissed me off. SOG can get resisted and will not help versus charging tanks, also the duration is very short so it's not worth it imo. Battler always helps you vs tanks and can also be used offensive for the debuff. Bolting shamans should be executed? So every shaman doing it's job (interupting, think you missed that in your description of what a shaman should do) should be executed then, in your opinion. Having a bolt has saved my groupmates lives many times when a caster outside my range is nuking freely. I would also like you to explain to me why a template must have "atleast 8 range". If you get 5 you're pretty much covered by auras. If you have ever played a shaman you would also know that power is not a big issue. I run with 22% powerpool (and no jacinas sash) and have MCL1 and RP1 and i rarely go oop. If you feel you go oop alot, stack up with potions and get MCL2, no need to remake template to fit more powerpool.

This template looks decent, though you shouldn't waste imbuepoints getting +cave as it won't help you in any way and i personally would rather cap spirit resist than energy.

Only vs. charging tanktrain battler is better, and in that case you should either have BoF3 or DD running or you are dead allready nomatter if you have battler or not. Else you can mocshear or perhaps get a bg'er to help you.
SoG is a hell of alot better than battler in anyother sittuation (unbreakable snare with 10% misschance). You might think its better to stand with battlerdebuff up and do nothing, but I prefer to outsprint and be able to help my grp.
Not saying bolts are useless, but he spoke of them as they were a weapon of massdestruction. For interupts, i would say dissease/root > bolts.
Btw without 9% range you are either lacking sash or boz and i wouldnt consider a shammy temp missing one of these arties to be complete. In a tank grp you dont have auras up as much as in caster grps.
Dont say powerpool doesnt help... you say your fights end in 30 secs, but have you ever tried getting added on by a 2nd group or a 3rd? Then you'll see what the extra powerpool is for.

you call me clueless and at the same time says that a tempalte with 9dexcap and no range is decent. :eek7:

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Chap said:
Only vs. charging tanktrain battler is better, and in that case you should either have BoF3 or DD running or you are dead allready nomatter if you have battler or not. Else you can mocshear or perhaps get a bg'er to help you.
I can tank 4+ tanks when i have battler up (strafe ftw!).
Chap said:
SoG is a hell of alot better than battler in anyother sittuation (unbreakable snare with 10% misschance). You might think its better to stand with battlerdebuff up and do nothing, but I prefer to outsprint and be able to help my grp.
I wouldn't call keeping all the tanks busy being useless.
Chap said:
Not saying bolts are useless, but he spoke of them as they were a weapon of massdestruction. For interupts, i would say dissease/root > bolts.
Bolts can help you gain interuptadvantage, excellent tool for shamans.
Chap said:
Btw without 9% range you are either lacking sash or boz and i wouldnt consider a shammy temp missing one of these arties to be complete. In a tank grp you dont have auras up as much as in caster grps.
I use Phoebus + Zo'arkat in my template (=8) and i would call my template more than complete. The only thing i lack is egg of youth, cba to farm rogs with buffbonus to ditch stardrop.
Chap said:
Dont say powerpool doesnt help... you say your fights end in 30 secs, but have you ever tried getting added on by a 2nd group or a 3rd? Then you'll see what the extra powerpool is for.
Shamans have their rr5 RA (=50% power regen), mcl1 atleast and maybe even mcl2 or rp1. If you don't spam your aedisease when targets are already diseased you are not very likely to go oop.
Chap said:
you call me clueless and at the same time says that a tempalte with 9dexcap and no range is decent. :eek7:
Shamantemplates don't need much, i have even considered ditching dexcap completely (would still leave me with 355 dex) and getting 50af, 400hits, 100con instead, including Winged helm + Phoebus ofc. I have been added on by alot of groups, and power has never been an issue for me up until rr10 - don't see why it would start being an issue now because some random rr3 FH troll says so. Would be fun to know what you base your immense experience on.

Oh, and the 30secs was an internal joke :eek6:

Chap

Loyal Freddie
moik said:
Would be fun to know what you base your immense experience on.
Played aughealer in Bad Omen gg a while back on pryd with prolly the best shaman, Chronicle rr11, on the EU servers. Quited so my bro took over my account so had to restart. Played megarevs rr8 healer. As low RR you wont have access to mcl2 + rp + rr5, there a higher pp will givf you the extra.
And rr5 is grp so you'll prolly use it before you go oop as your seers will beg you for more power.

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Chap said:
Played aughealer in Bad Omen gg a while back on pryd with prolly the best shaman, Chronicle rr11, on the EU servers. Quited so my bro took over my account so had to restart. Played megarevs rr8 healer. As low RR you wont have access to mcl2 + rp + rr5, there a higher pp will givf you the extra.
And rr5 is grp so you'll prolly use it before you go oop as your seers will beg you for more power.
So you have never played a shaman, yet you know so much? :worthy: I have Mcl1 and RP1 and i played without RP1 until rr9. Since rr5 on shaman is over time even if you use it when you have 80% power you will get more than 20% from it. If you have ~20% powerpool in template, mcl1 and are rr5 you can consider yourself being on the safe side when it comes to power. If you are not rr5, stack up with potions. If you are rr5 and still feel you are going oop alot, get mcl2 or rp1 - or pots.

Lorfo

Loyal Freddie
battler or malice is ALOT better then SoG.
Had sog on my druid for a while it's almost never useful coz of charge / resists / crap duration/ same timer as other snares .
Malice is awesome vs assisttrains , saved me several times.
Oooh and I would get atleast 35~~% powerpool on shaman :<

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Lorfo said:
Malice is awesome vs assisttrains , saved me several times.
Oooh and I would get atleast 35~~% powerpool on shaman :<
Too bad shammies or healers cant get malice m8

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Chap said:
Too bad shammies or healers cant get malice m8
malice2dd.jpg

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
moik said:
where have uberdyes gone? =(

(agreed with moik @ powerpool, its not that needy, sure its nice but rarely you will run out of power when you're toa'd)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom