Shaman ra's

Anansy

Fledgling Freddie
Just did a ra respecc but after buying purge3 and moc1 I suddenly wasnt so sure what else to get. Maybe some of you can share their thoughts with me on this topic.

- Is MoFocus usefull? I seem to get quite alot of resists on my shears.
- Is Vehement Renewal worth it?
- Is Ichor of the Deep worth it?
- How about power issue's? Is mcl needed? or rp? or both?
- And how about empty mind?
- Or are you better off buying some passives?

In my case I have 15 realm skill points to spend(50-30-5). But feel free to discuss shaman ra's in general. Happy posting :)

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Anansy said:
Just did a ra respecc but after buying purge3 and moc1 I suddenly wasnt so sure what else to get. Maybe some of you can share their thoughts with me on this topic.

In my case I have 15 realm skill points to spend(50-30-5). But feel free to discuss shaman ra's in general. Happy posting :)

Hello

I would go for some cast speed. Both increase healing and a chance to
cast 2 shears in case the 1st is resisted. aug dex 3-5.

I have VR1 and its nice, but I think its a bit to small heal and I will prolly
remove that and save for VR2 later.

MCL2 is never wrong imo, but if u got equal charges in ur gear u could leave it.

The other abilitys Im not sure of since I havent used em.

Chance

Loyal Freddie
if you have purge3 and moc1 and still 15 pts left i would go for: MoF2 (that way your shears / roots doesn't get so much resisted) and aug dex3 (cast speed ftw) and last point i dunno :)

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
i wouldnt go with purge3 on low rr personally, dex for castspd and mof is ace, ichor1 is nice to have as interupt tool... vehement renewal2 is nice, 1 is to low, 3 is to high... power issues well, mcl1 is 5 pts and nice to have. more is not needed and you will not use it much anyhow tbh.

purge issue is about playstyle, i played with purge1 realy long, i have purge3 now thou and its nice as hell that i wont say anything about, but its so many points, and purge1 is often enough... purge2 is just wasted points i think atleast, purge1 or 3 depending on your playstyle and depending on how fast your healers are basicly...

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
Anansy said:

In my case I have 15 realm skill points to spend(50-30-5). But feel free to discuss shaman ra's in general. Happy posting

MoF = yea some play with it really helps for shearing

VR = well if you find the perfect timing between rooting, shearing, rebuffing, doting and dieasesing to launch a group heal then feel free to take it, but most of the time i d rather leave the healings to thos that can do it properly... then again depands on play style. if you go for it tho i d say VR2 or nothing

Ichor= well more or less the only offensive spell of the shamy so i d say yes it s usefull - if u solo that will be your only way to escape (non interruptible) in group it s a nice tool to launch for interrupting so i d say yes as well (1 is enough 2 is fluff but if u can afford go for it)

MCL = always usefull , depanding on template tho - i run with champion's weapon (who doesn't ? ) that has a 70% MCL charge so i find MLC1 is enough for me.

if you have 15 spare points GIVe !! :p where is your aug dext 3 ? ( i have aug dext 4, whe discussing shamy RA i often say : aug dext alot, it s what u need to take asap)

MoC 1 saved my life so many times, i strongly recommand it

then u still have the classics AoM, and WH u can spend some points on those instead of saving and having unused points not a must have but will make u a bit more tuff :)

afterwards (that should bring you above RR9/10) if you still wonder where to spend your points you can have a look at toughness (yes a shamy with 2.5k HP is a pain in the arse :) /aug const to give you a rough idea of my Ra's at 7l4 atm :

purge 2, ichor1, MoC1, aug dext 4, aom3, WH2, MCL1 - full respec awaiting at RR8 to get purge 3 and some MoF-

just would like to remind you that RA's as well as template highly depand on your play style and habits what works for me might not work for you. pick what you like, leave the rest ;)

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
as stated, go purge 1 or purge 3 ( i have purge 1 on mine and it works fine)
VR is an instant spell so there is no fuzz about "taking your time" between all the rest, it doesnt heal yourself tho, and get VR2 or not at all
Ichor has save me and others many times so i say its usefull.
aug dex for cast speed, and mof for less resists on shears.etc.

have atm

purge1,moc1,VR2,Ivhor2
passives : augdex3,mof2 worth mentioning

And as stated, its all about playstyle when it comes to purge issue, have played with purge1 all the time and im used to it, good grp m8's and u are ok with it.

Im RR7 atm and still think im to low to get purge3, cuz i miss all the other stuff that i find usefull in fgvsfg fights

Craparoni

Fledgling Freddie
And btw, I dont have MCL either, uses pots and charge on champ vpn, i hardly go out of power, shears costs zero pow, roots/dis cost a little but its a none issue.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Chance said:
if you have purge3 and moc1 and still 15 pts left i would go for: MoF2 (that way your shears / roots doesn't get so much resisted) and aug dex3 (cast speed ftw) and last point i dunno :)

What Tony Montana said

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
auroria said:
i have purge2 at 6l3, works fine, alot better than purge1

think the purge issue can be discussed over and over, some will say purge 1 is enough some others will say purge 3 or nothing :)

i run in group with two healer so there is always someone to demezz, also have CB in template as back up with resists up and AoM 3 i m pretty safe vs CC issues but i wont say i never get mezz, and when i am i like to be able to escape

people like crapa will run with purge 1 (it s 10 spare RA points wich is not to be neglected) and if u have healer to take care about the demezzing it might be enough in 90% of the case, mezz or not when u are under caster assist 5 sec won't make any difference; oe so i belive; both option are to be considered depanding on group setup and as mention above how skilled are the healer you are running with :)

auroria

Banned
hanza said:
think the purge issue can be discussed over and over, some will say purge 1 is enough some others will say purge 3 or nothing :)

i run in group with two healer so there is always someone to demezz, also have CB in template as back up with resists up and AoM 3 i m pretty safe vs CC issues but i wont say i never get mezz, and when i am i like to be able to escape

people like crapa will run with purge 1 (it s 10 spare RA points wich is not to be neglected) and if u have healer to take care about the demezzing it might be enough in 90% of the case, mezz or not when u are under caster assist 5 sec won't make any difference; oe so i belive; both option are to be considered depanding on group setup and as mention above how skilled are the healer you are running with :)
its nice to be able to instantly purge if 5-6 ppl in grp gets mezzed

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
auroria said:
its nice to be able to instantly purge if 5-6 ppl in grp gets mezzed

prolly is =P but i usually saved my purge for debuffs and such when i felt i had to many (doubledex debuff, malice, ns anyone?) =D

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
MoC1.
VR2.
Ichor 1
Dex 3/4
Purge2-3
MoF1.
MCL if you want it.

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
At 9L7 I have purge3, dex4, vr2, ichor1, mcl1, moc1, rp1, mof1 :)

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Gotmagi said:
At 9L7 I have purge3, dex4, vr2, ichor1, mcl1, moc1, rp1, mof1 :)

similar start as i have, i have purge3, dex5, thoughness2, mofo2, wh1, vr2, moc1, ichor1, mcl1 if i dont reccon wrong...
althou i didnt get purge3 before 10l5ish...

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
Roteca said:
similar start as i have, i have purge3, dex5, thoughness2, mofo2, wh1, vr2, moc1, ichor1, mcl1 if i dont reccon wrong...
althou i didnt get purge3 before 10l5ish...

neither you rot nor gotmagi got AoM anyreason for that ? any comment ?

i like passiv ability and +10% resist is rather usefull imo. so i assume there must be a reason for you guys not going for it

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
hanza said:

i like passiv ability and +10% resist is rather usefull imo. so i assume there must be a reason for you guys not going for it

my only comment is that it aint worth it, its passive resist to start with, and other more usefull stuff to waste points on, i dont see how to fit it in even at rr11... if i wanted a resist boost i would go for empty mind instead.

and to answer seddes "mof2?!?!oneoneeleven" it lowers resist rate on shears and roots. mof2 is well worth the points, wish i could afford mof3 again myself

Frostor

Fledgling Freddie
like roteca said , grey ae root , 36~lvl spec shears etc , all went+9 on lvls with mof2 , wont say i get alot less resist but u can notice the difference

auroria

Banned
Frostor said:
like roteca said , grey ae root , 36~lvl spec shears etc , all went+9 on lvls with mof2 , wont say i get alot less resist but u can notice the difference
i use lvl 30 acuity shear simply cause of a better castspd on it than th eae, nad that i dont want to break mezz... mof2 helps alot, but not that big deal recasting it with 374dex and 2sec spd

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
hanza said:

Problem I have with this RA is that it's calculated very last. So the better your resists from items and buffs the less it benefits you.

Say you get hit for a 100 with 50% resist (26% from items and 24% from a buff)(and no spellpiercing on the caster jaja). You get hit for 100-50%=50. Only then the avoidance of magic thing get calculated so 50-10% = 45. Effectively if you have maxed resists it removes 2.5% damage for 10 ra points.

If you have no resists (right) you get hit for 100 - 0% = 100 And then the 10% takes off 10 damage. So only then you get the full 10% effect from it.

I majorly suck at math so feel free to correct me.
I majorly suck in general so feel free to flame me.

Anansy

Fledgling Freddie
Awesome reply's guys. I settled for purge3 moc1 mcl1 mof2 dex2 for now. going for dex3 asap. At abit higher rr i think ill try some diffrent combo's and see which works best for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom