shaman buff bonus%

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
will a shaman cap spec buffs @ 46 spec with 22% buff bonus? or do he need 23-5%?

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Even with capped buff bonus, the yellow dex/qui is 3 points from cap. With 24% buff bonus, it's 4 points from cap. You need 47 aug for red dex/qui, and that's not really viable cuz you don't get insta fart then. All the red buffs will cap at 13%+ buff bonus.
Edit: You need max buff bonus for acuity buff to reach max, but it still won't reach 93 as it's too low value, you need acuity charge from an item to get 93.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, though casters will whine of course, qq my acuity/spec dex is x away from cap:-(

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Leel said:
Yeah, though casters will whine of course, qq my acuity/spec dex is x away from cap:-(
The word you're looking for is stupid and it has nothing to do with a caster :p

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure I know what you mean, only stupid casters will whine, aka those that don't use acuity charge? I don't think very many cba to be doing that.

Herjulf

Banned
Well get buff bonus capped and let em whine.

Or simply go full aug for AE spec shears. And focus on moc1 and cast speed.

Dont know post 1.83 though, shamans may have to fall back to other ways of interupting as Shears will no longer interupt. Then again they wont break root/mez either... then again who usually stands mezzed in fg vs fg fights anyways.. noone.

I went aug, and dont really miss the insta fart all that much tbh. i get more girls now too and dont attract any more horny trolls with my loose bunghole.

Jarumda

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
I went aug, and dont really miss the insta fart all that much tbh. i get more girls now too and dont attract any more horny trolls with my loose bunghole.

Oh the mental picture :eek7:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Leel said:
Not sure I know what you mean, only stupid casters will whine, aka those that don't use acuity charge? I don't think very many cba to be doing that.
Only stupid ppl will whine if they get 2 less acuity from a played shaman.

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Only stupid ppl will whine if they get 2 less acuity from a played shaman.

I always whine when I get that... but then again im a healer

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Cruhar said:
I always whine when I get that... but then again im a healer
You have acuity on your healer? :p

A tip, buy an item with buffbonus (that don't have the same spot as any chargable item) and replace it when you buff, cuz' it's very easy to cap red baseline buffs.

[Edit] 2 acuity doesn't make you pierce even 1 more dmg.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
1st of all if you spec for end regen 5 you will have the red acuity buff. It will cap.

2nd, like people said: with 25% buffbonus the yellow specs (d/q, str/con) will be 3-4 off cap.

For about each 2% buffbonus you go down you'll lose 1 point on the buff.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Red acuity buff is 52 value. The cap for spec buffs is 93. Thus, red acuity will never reach the value of 93 since you can't have more than 25% buff bonus. Just test it for yourself on a caster. Then try immo ring charge, think that's value 75 acuity buff. There is a big difference.

Hrymf

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
Red acuity buff is 52 value. The cap for spec buffs is 93. Thus, red acuity will never reach the value of 93 since you can't have more than 25% buff bonus. Just test it for yourself on a caster. Then try immo ring charge, think that's value 75 acuity buff. There is a big difference.

Eh, the acuity buffs are the same on all realms i belive? And on hib it caps perfectly fine with 25% buff. You do know your "spec" add a certain bonus to the buffs also? I am not 100% sure of the calculation, but at 46 aug and 25% buff bonus i am sure you will cap Acuity buff.

/edit: Also i belive charges from rings and the like are able to go higher than normal spec cap? At least im sure i remember getting something like 95 AF from an AF charge, i could be wrong though....

Hrymf

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
You have acuity on your healer? :p

A tip, buy an item with buffbonus (that don't have the same spot as any chargable item) and replace it when you buff, cuz' it's very easy to cap red baseline buffs.

[Edit] 2 acuity doesn't make you pierce even 1 more dmg.

Actually with something like 8 or 10 aug and no +skill to aug, you wont get any where near cap base buffs even with 25% buff bonus :<

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Hrymf said:
Actually with something like 8 or 10 aug and no +skill to aug, you wont get any where near cap base buffs even with 25% buff bonus :<
Cruhar's Signature said:
Cruhar Jaxxion - CL5 RR5 ML6 Aug Healer
Go figure :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Hrymf said:
Eh, the acuity buffs are the same on all realms i belive? And on hib it caps perfectly fine with 25% buff. You do know your "spec" add a certain bonus to the buffs also? I am not 100% sure of the calculation, but at 46 aug and 25% buff bonus i am sure you will cap Acuity buff.

/edit: Also i belive charges from rings and the like are able to go higher than normal spec cap? At least im sure i remember getting something like 95 AF from an AF charge, i could be wrong though....
spec on spec buffs are not affecting value, only on bases :eek:

noblok

Part of the furniture
Hrymf said:
at 46 aug and 25% buff bonus i am sure you will cap Acuity buff.
Impossible. 52*1.25*1.25 = 81. Cap is 93.

If I'm not mistaken the formula for skill effecting heal/spell dmg variance and buff effectiveness is: Delve*[0.75+(spec level/spell level+1)*0.5]. Anyone feels like testing it? :).

/edit: for heal and spell damage variance the number will be the lower limit. The maximum being Delve*1.25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom