Shadowstrike - to use or not to use

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
ok as i approach the usage of my infiltraitor in RvR, I have found that shadowstrike to be extremely useful in RvR tower sieges and in DF.

Camping mid entrance the other nite, 3 mid caster and 1 archer would not come down to face the friar, ice wiz and my self a 48 infil.

Now i was using shadowstrike to attack the casters on the ledge....

most of the time the game ported me back immediately but not until i had perfed and used its follow up...normally killing the enemy.

and yes i normally got butchered if they got spells off ....

what your views on this method?

would it be worth asking goa if this is the intent of shadowstrike, as i would not wanna get banned because of some lame enemy complaining....

:p

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Afaik u are not suppossed to be able to get up the "stairs" in DF so in that view yes u are bug abusing.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
xxManiacxx said:
Afaik u are not suppossed to be able to get up the "stairs" in DF so in that view yes u are bug abusing.

Well i dunno really m8, u ain't supposed to pa some1 upon a tower also.
That said it works on towers (where u aren't supposed to be able to go)?

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:

Afaik both u and the one u are SSing are suppossed to be on the same level.

illu

Part of the furniture
Gahn said:

I don't think I've ever had it work on someone in a tower. Is this where the ground is high next to a tower and then you can port in?
All I know about Shadowstrike is that is it a very funny ability, and very useful at times, but unfortunately, with it being at Stealth 35, that causes all kinds of complications with specs/templates etc.. :( I had to spec out of it.

I will miss it, because the 3 times out of 10 that it worked were hilarious :/

And not sure if you are meant to get up the steps in DF. Sounds handy :> But I'm sure it'll be nerfed soon :/

Oli - Illu

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
would it be worth asking goa if this is the intent of shadowstrike, as i would not wanna get banned because of some lame enemy complaining....

I would report u if u did it to me since you are not supposed to be there and you know it, infact I already have reported one that prolly used this to get to me in DF and i hope he gets banned.
And the lame part...well its not me that reporting that are lame, its people who even tho they know its forbidden area and go there anyway by any mean lagjump or whatever that are lame.
Play the game by the rules and stop try to exploit every bug you see imo.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
SB's on US servers have been using it for ages to infiltrate inner keeps
from the keeps walls, by perfing people who stand on the ledges or on
oil hookpoints

Mythic told them it was a perfectly legitimite use of the ability, after the SL
TL showed them a vid of it

if the stairs in DF knock you back I don't see what the problem is, you can be attacked from that position by archers on the bottom of the stairs

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
lol havent used Shadow strike yet. maybe i will be the sounds of it!

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
I've used it in DF this morning, was quite amusing :)

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
when sbs first got shadow strike someone used it in df and was told it was bug abuse by goa.. sbs are ofc allowed to use it to gain access to oil points on keeps........use in df is blatent bug abuse and tbh u should not use again :)

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Posted this to RightNow.

Was told by a fellow infiltraitor that this was a legal move but wanted to check with yourselfs, as i do not want to get banned for bug abuse or such like.

Whilst camping mid entrance in DF with some comrades, i was able to attack casters on the overhanging ledge using shadowstrike.

The ability ported me up to the level, performed the attck, and then i was ported back to teh archway off the ledge.

I did this a few times before i thought that this may not be allowable so wanted to check its correct usage.

This technique can/could be used to attck people on the outer battlements of towers...

your advice please.

and the response was

Hello,

Thank you for your query.

It is perfectly legitimate for a character to use Shadowstrike in this way, we do not consider this cheating.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
Posted this to RightNow.

Was told by a fellow infiltraitor that this was a legal move but wanted to check with yourselfs, as i do not want to get banned for bug abuse or such like.

Whilst camping mid entrance in DF with some comrades, i was able to attack casters on the overhanging ledge using shadowstrike.

The ability ported me up to the level, performed the attck, and then i was ported back to teh archway off the ledge.

I did this a few times before i thought that this may not be allowable so wanted to check its correct usage.

This technique can/could be used to attck people on the outer battlements of towers...

your advice please.

and the response was

Hello,

It is perfectly legitimate for a character to use Shadowstrike in this way, we do not consider this cheating.

arr :)

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
danmrman said:
lol havent used Shadow strike yet. maybe i will be the sounds of it!

Ever had a tank who wants to duel but runs in circles 50000 times until you pop ?

Thats when!

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Phule_Gubben said:

No ?

I do it myself when a ns/sb wants to fight. Im just saying its a perfect time to use the ability ;D

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
altho i had quite a couple of times getting Not in view mssg cause their moving/strafing..
but its great when theres ppl in a PN, get on the edge of PN (works @ Docks aswell :p), shadowstrike.. CD.. blah blah.. kill target. kill the tracker. and wee.. arrpeess =]

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Sollac said:
Posted this to RightNow.

your advice please.

and the response was

Hello,

I love that. I do it when i get the chance, because its so fun to PA bots rezzing alts downstairs.. bad thing is when you get shot from the realm guards for like very very high damage

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom