Shadowblades

S

SoWat

Fook me, my last game for 2 weeks and I find out more about my characters abilities :eek:

I'm crap at solo combat, but thought that was just me. Just before I logged off last night, I started playing with stealth. I can, apparently, (stealth) creep up on an orange, distract him and stab him in the back with a poisoned dagger (followed by eviscerate move). This sees it off in 2 hits and it never sees me!

I can also spot scouts (monsters that call for help), which is handy if the group doesn't want them calling reinforcements. Wandering frontiers is a piece of cake, and getting into dungeons is a snip.

I see that higher levels of stealth allow me to climb walls (though that's handy for RvR only I think). In fact RvR is my character's natural home, as he can sneak up on opposing leaders and see them off with a poisoned dagger (or arrow), and never get detected!

So... beware the little (invisible) chaps :)

S

SoWat

Ah, I look forward to seeing another 'shortarse' in the team :)

When we get into RvR, I think we'll find our characters very valuable indeed (which is a relief as I couldn't see the point of mine in the current powerlevelling). Imagine sneaking up to an opposing healer, taking him out and then signalling the goon squad to attack (sorry Someguy!). Of course there'll be opposing shadowblades lurking about, but we can spot them if we're a higher level.

I'm a bit pissed off at the moment though, as I've discovered my hotel here in Connecticut has a 10mb line in each room (available for $2 a day!). If I'd known I would have installed DAoC on my laptop. On the other hand...turning up for work bleary-eyed with no sleep is probably not a good idea ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom