Shadowblades need love

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Compared to Infs and even nightshades, shadowblades are completly outperformed.

The question is should infs and nightshades (to a lesser extent) be aligned (NB'd) or should shadowblades get some love?

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
Compared to Infs and even nightshades, shadowblades are completly outperformed.

The question is should infs and nightshades (to a lesser extent) be aligned (NB'd) or should shadowblades get some love?

has been like that seens LA nerf :m00:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i actually think SBs are about right but infils and shades are a bit to much, there is no way an assasin should be able to beat a heavy tank, saying that though in my experiance the only reason assasins can beat heavy tanks is debuffs.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Sb's can still hit damn hard =P

I don't know what point u mean exactly, but if any.. no more love.. just a nerf for infil / ns. Prefer NS.. cuz they are the real OP

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
Tualatin said:
Sb's can still hit damn hard =P

I don't know what point u mean exactly, but if any.. no more love.. just a nerf for infil / ns. Prefer NS.. cuz they are the real OP

ur one dumb fuck arent ya? ur making a fool out of urself :p

Salamurhaaja

Fledgling Freddie
I think SBs only need few things to make them bit more equal:
1. Str/dex based weapons to make other than norse with 15str 10con playable.
2. Make stun attack in baseline (doesn't have to be even off-evade) so you can get it without speccing LA so damn high and if you make 2h SB.

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
SB's are below par when they solo, which they often don't so therefore grounds for giving them love isnt warrented in this case.

Kais

Banned
waok`whips said:
SB's are below par when they solo, which they often don't so therefore grounds for giving them love isnt warrented in this case.

class balance and playstyle are two seperate areas moron, and then theres the fact you can say the same about every other stealth class ingame.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
waok`whips said:

Very insightful comment. Care to explain why SB's need to team up or did I just explain the original posters thoughts by stating the obvious?

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
No, they dont need love. If anything, they need a nerf, like every stealther. Infiltrators of course need a slightly bigger nerf ~¨

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
I said that but removed it simply becuase I'm not repeating whats been said in previous QQ threads.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Makes me a bit sad when my lowbie ns is on par with high rr sb's. And my template is by no means good, but we got 10% str relic bonus.

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
waok`whips said:

Aussie said:
it's not the class which is crap, it's the players.

Spoken like true TL's

Larc

Fledgling Freddie
Sb's has become the worst class in the game. Can't kill anything 1v1 (except solo wizard perhaps, but see those solo once a year) if both players have equally comparable gear.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
sb's damage output without getting pa in is a joke in compared to infs....one of the reasons lots sbs dont solo these days...............

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
specced 2h.. helped a bit, but aint all that tbh.. i just dont understand why infils need more skill points..

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Raven said:
i actually think SBs are about right but infils and shades are a bit to much, there is no way an assasin should be able to beat a heavy tank, saying that though in my experiance the only reason assasins can beat heavy tanks is debuffs.

agreed . i dont consider myself to be a bad player at all. i have a fuly toa'd sc'd rr5+ friar and i get beat 1v1 v sb's quiet often.

mind u most sb's have heat lg's . so combined with heat lg + st/con debuff + lifebane . i dont last long anyway. sometimes i dont even last long enough through the pa stun chain. thats without a spec con buff tho. cos i rarely cba to load my bb for friar.

so maybe bring infil n ns into line with sb's but imo sb's are fine and ARE still a strong class. its the newb ones imo that do most the whining. because they USED to be able to take out heavy tanks. whereas now they cant or at least struggle to beat em. and now with all new ra's tanks beat them more often (as it SHOULD BE IMO) hence thye claim they are weaker.
but thats just my op anyways . wil always be sum1 with a different outlook.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
a lot of the problem is a shadowblades will spend a lot of his time fighting other assasins. In those fights the str/con debuff just totally pwns the SB whos WS is purly str based.

SB therefore performs badly V other assasins. This is the primary reason they underperform. Versus visual targets and rangers they are no worse than other assasin.

However, I think its only fair that assasin should have dex/str based weapons like ns and inf.

and yes 2.5 spec for infs is just a piss take really.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
nowadays from a caster point of view, getting added by an assasin is nowhere half as much of a problem as it is by an archer.. so as far as am concerned u can give sbs their old LA doublefrost aslong as u nerf fags. (err i mean scouts ;p~)

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
Nice of you to bring up this topic Censi.

The sad part of it is, that Mythic does'nt listen to us at all :) I will re-activate my shadowblade when Mythic gives us str/dex weapons and more specpoints. Hell, they can remove the extra hitpoints they gave us way back, as long as they do the above written I don't care.

I remember getting 2 shot by Wittor back then, both when I played SB and hunter, and yes: my templates were just fine.
Not a personal attack on Wittor, I just used him/her as an example.

Cheers.

Edit: Oh, and when Mythic gives us a battleground similar to old emain I will reactivate ;) New Frontiers are fucked up in nearly all ways *puke*
But that ain't gonna happen either.

lathoniel

Fledgling Freddie
1800hp, con debuff = 1500hp, malice debuff = 1200hp, malice /use2 = fuk me 900hp, good viper poison for -500hp = 400hp. sb dont need loving. they need to ask paradox and samal how to play ffs.

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
lathoniel said:
1800hp, con debuff = 1500hp, malice debuff = 1200hp, malice /use2 = fuk me 900hp, good viper poison for -500hp = 400hp. sb dont need loving. they need to ask paradox and samal how to play ffs.

Said the scout with zephyr, best bow damage/range, slam and possibility to spec IP.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Once again all the bs...

Completely off track with most of the whines. All the tests and formulae that have been done show no difference in base damage output between the 3 assassin classes. SB players just tend to fixate on poor specs/mechanics and inappropriate gear.

1. Wyrrd spec - a must for SBs. Quit with the SZ mentality, its a second rate spec.

2. Weapon setup. Yes we know you like battler/malice. Yes we know you think they're shiny. They are not the best speed setup - you are losing dps.

3. Carry a heat weapon ffs. Nearly every NS/ranger I fight is using heat. Nearly every SB i fight has battler/malice. You are losing 15% damage vs infils (25% vs NS) through this selection.

4. Poisons are your friend - at least spec for the 37 debuff.

5. You will last longer than any other assassin toe to toe. Aim for maximum hits and overcap and RAs. A SB with 2300 hits is doable and will outlast nearly all NS/infils.

Theres nothing wrong with the class - sure str/dex weapons should be given, but thats all they need.

(And 2.5 spec points makes very little difference in spec options - hell a NS can spec better with 2.2 than an infil with 2.5)

Aussie

Banned
Trylle^nzi said:
Said the scout with zephyr, best bow damage/range, slam and possibility to spec IP.

best bow damage, says who?
best range, you mean that extra 100 range (+10) ?

WOW.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
[HB]Jpeg said:
agreed . i dont consider myself to be a bad player at all. i have a fuly toa'd sc'd rr5+ friar and i get beat 1v1 v sb's quiet often.

dont think when i played friar i lost many 1v1 against sb's o_O

tho, that was pre ToA too ;-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom