Shadowblade RVR tactics question

O

old.Runolas

To Eleasias

Where have you got the idea that blue-coned Assassins can take out a level 50 caster. Midgard is the fighter’s realm and our casters are not as powerful as Albion or Hibernians are. To balance this we have SB to even the odds a bit. I can one-hit most yellow casters, but sometimes my PA fails and then I’m dead. Last night I one-hit a running orange Avelonian for the first time, it was cool, but I have tried others and failed miserably. Sitting mages is another story, but a strangling caster sitting down is begging to get killed.

I have realized that some classes are not good for me to try 1:1 specially those yellow Highlanders. So I deal with this only targeting casters, assassins or snipers. In regular RvR mages own the battlefield with powerful ranged attack, and when suddenly they get owned I only here whine whine whine. :puke:

The big problem as I see it with 1.50 is that assassins doesn’t have a decent chance to get away after a successful assassination. The 10sec to stealth is too much. I can only speak for my self, because I only hunt in emain were everybody is in for RvR, that 85% of destealth situations ends up in /release. Main reason for this is mez/stun/root and classes running after me with the speed.

To Belthazor:’

Blue coned SB killing an infiltrator, bah…have you been drinking dude :D

I agree that the SB is more powerful than infiltrators and nightshades, but why do they have to be equal? Is our mages equal? I had a yellow minstrel stun me and then kill me…did I whine about it…no. It seems to me that Mallus got a good reputation…and he has owned my ass several times, but what can I expect I con green to him...:(

O

old.Faded

Infil vs sb if both con even and it just pure melee my money is on the infil if the other is a critblade. With the high evade you dont want to have your attacks evaded if your useing your big ass slow weapon.

If your killed by a blue any class there summit wrong imo.

B

belth

Originally posted by Runolas
To Belthazor:’

Blue coned SB killing an infiltrator, bah…have you been drinking dude :D

I agree that the SB is more powerful than infiltrators and nightshades, but why do they have to be equal? Is our mages equal? I had a yellow minstrel stun me and then kill me…did I whine about it…no. It seems to me that Mallus got a good reputation…and he has owned my ass several times, but what can I expect I con green to him...:(

Blue con shadowzerk can own an infil pretty easy, all they need to do is Doublefrost (sword/axe=slash=+15% vs leather, the way LA works, DF damage-bonus). Ask zerks what style they use most, I bet you hear Doublefrost...

I'm not wanting total equality between us assassins, as mostly it's just perf/cd=win. SBs do gross amounts more damage than infiltrators or NS due to LA/2-h. NS get their spells (albeit un-specable), which if used well, will remove any chance of perfing them. We Inf will get 2.5x specpoints, 0.3 more than the others in 1.46, that allows us to be more versatile. SBs get more HP and better damage output. It's just that the damage output from an SB is not proportional to what infil/NS get. Best way to fix that IMHO is fixing DW/CD.

PS. Runolas, press that perf-key earlier, or I'll have to come kill you while you sit again for the third time at alb pk :p

O

old.anubis

agree with faded.
last time we met, i missed once and two of my hits were evaded, with 5.5 delay axe it makes more than 15 seconds advantage for infil. without perf critblade is dead meat.

O

old.Runolas

Originally posted by Belthazor

PS. Runolas, press that perf-key earlier, or I'll have to come kill you while you sit again for the third time at alb pk :p

I have never been killed sitting at alb pk by you m8. When I go down it is because of mez/stun/root and generally ganked by a grp or an army...hehe. I like to gamble that is why I only hunt in emain. High risk, but high output = my game.

O

old.Runolas

Originally posted by anubis
agree with faded.
last time we met, i missed once and two of my hits were evaded, with 5.5 delay axe it makes more than 15 seconds advantage for infil. without perf critblade is dead meat.

I ended up soloing with an orange infiltrator on in the woods on left side of mg 2 a couple of nights ago. I was omw down to mg 2 during a battle to kill some resting albs, but that pesky infiltrator knew my business. He hit me at least one time running after me into the woods away from combat. I thought my days were spoken so I turned around and smacked in a Garrotte – Achilles heal combo and suddenly the odds turned a bit. I then switched to shield and my 1H-sword. We had around 20% life and suddenly we got apart looked at eachother, and both ran in different directions. I think he must have been lvl 40 any higher would have killed me easily. He still had me down to 85% before I even started hitting him, so I think this has something to do with luck, but when the garrotte first hits it hits hard.

B

belth

Originally posted by Runolas

I have never been killed sitting at alb pk by you m8. When I go down it is because of mez/stun/root and generally ganked by a grp or an army...hehe. I like to gamble that is why I only hunt in emain. High risk, but high output = my game.

Must've been someone with similar enough name, 2-handed sword on the back and stealthed. Was yellow-con also like you. Tell him to come do it again ;)

But do press that perf-key earlier, I'm sure 100% it was you who hit me for near 200 and DoT yesterday while running to alb mfg. Had other business to do (being grouped & all), so didn't stick around... Next time I will.

O

old.Runolas

Originally posted by Belthazor

Must've been someone with similar enough name, 2-handed sword on the back and stealthed. Was yellow-con also like you. Tell him to come do it again ;)

But do press that perf-key earlier, I'm sure 100% it was you who hit me for near 200 and DoT yesterday while running to alb mfg. Had other business to do (being grouped & all), so didn't stick around... Next time I will.

I don’t know anybody with similar name so it must have been me. If you were running then it probably was me, but I missed not from hitting PA to late, but because I did not have the right angel on you. I did however have the right one on Faded when he did his PA on a Hunter near mg 2 last nigth…needless to say he went down. It felt good to nail him as he has hunted me down several times near.

I did take down a yellow infiltrator two days ago inside alb mg, but I don’t think that was you. When I come to think of it there was this orange infiltrator that I tried to PA the same day, I’m not sure it was you, but it rings a bell. Anyway we will see…If I get in my PA you are dead meat m8…if not…I'll RUUUN….hehe. Btw Daisy go me the near mg 2 last night, bugger she got in her CD and I could not do shit.

O

old.Faded

Last night that pa missed on the hunter, even though i was straight infront of him, then just after i pa'ed i seen u walking towards me, then there was that blue troll casting stuff, but i seen u from a long way off, just nothing i could do :p

When pa misses and there 2 yellow and a blue on all you can pray for is that the server goes down :)

O

old.Runolas

Originally posted by Faded
Last night that pa missed on the hunter, even though i was straight infront of him, then just after i pa'ed i seen u walking towards me, then there was that blue troll casting stuff, but i seen u from a long way off, just nothing i could do :p

When pa misses and there 2 yellow and a blue on all you can pray for is that the server goes down :)

Jepp…I know that…I saw you the moment you walked up to him. Took me some seconds to get there, I was a bit afraid that you would run. My PA only did around 290 then I missed my CD, but the G – AH combo went inn and both the Shaman and the hunter keep pounding you as well, but at least 70% of the damage came from me with DOT and all. It was great fun, but in a strait melee you would have knocked me down as you have done at least two times before…hehe. I’ll have to lvl so that we can get a fair match. Btw got lousy rp from you, I one-shot an orange Avelonian later that night and got about 3x your rp for him. Both the Shaman and the Hunter where killed by to red Hibs only seconds after we wacked you.

O

old.MallusTheGimp

Hate to piss on your fire eleasias but I was rezz sick - remembered that fight well :D

Users who are viewing this thread