Shadowbane

W

Wicoa

Just had a read of this game and it looks damn good. www.shadowbane.com + they have guess what, yes thats right their own forums.

As a guild unit you can turn barren land into a massive city with your own economy and so on. You can do loads and loads of stuff.

Seems that we are quite restricted in DAOC and the freedom with the ability to control the environment we live, simply does not exist.

I have played this game for a bit, getting tired of the restricted world, tho a decent guild and ability to have a chat in the tavern is nice.

Even the infamous flaming poster Vell has left.

Won't be leaving yet tho, will watch carefully the reviews of shadowbane, Im sceptical of SWG.

Cheers All
Wicoa

O

old.Toirdhealbhach

Freedom of any degree is merely an illusion, and Shadowbane hoax has been circulating around the web for 5 years now. Don't lead yourself to think that the game will be somehow better than others currently available, if it ever releases. In my well thought-out opinion (which is the only right one) any MMORPG finally revolves around the community, and the sinn und form of abstraction layers between player and community will make little difference in the end. That is not to say that a bad design wouldn't lead to clustered fraction communities, which in effect will lessen the lifespan of the game significantly.

.:flame:

A

Aeiedil

I like the look of SB from what I have seen, and I believe it will be interesting :) I hope to try an elven assasain ;)

S

SilverHood

yeah... been following the game for the last 2 years now.... and they do listen to the comunity a lot.... without it, WP would be no where near to where they are today

I'm looking to play an Elven Ranger with that Blader Weaver discipline

Or perhaps a Templar, who kills all elves in sight... would be fun to Roleplay... "die you twisted creatures, in the name of the all father"

imagine forming a guild who's sole purpose was to fight the elven high courts

damn it would be fun :D

O

old.Hendrick

Don't hype the game til it is out. It may be good, it may be not, but all this preview-stuff is worth nothing until it is installed on your PC and you are playing it yourself, with the crappy hardware you got and the bad connection :)

A

Aeiedil

my hardware aint crappy, only the connection :)

S

Solid

Beta Phase 3 starts soon, another 500 testers gonna get on (or is it 1000) and they adding some more world tesxtures, hopw you applied a month or so ago, you may well get in, my fingers are crossed that I get in, really wanna tr this game out and see if it works and if all the hype is justified.

N

)nick(

I'm in the beta and the GFX look horrible :) Not played it much as I am to engrossed in DAOC at the moment.

S

Solid

nico they are adding more of the gfx engine in next phase aint they?

I also thought the screenies looked as bad as EQ gfx, but read later they are adding more of the world engine in next patch and it will look a lot prettier, guess we wait till its final guide prerelease to see if it looks as bad as we originally thoght

W

Wicoa

As I said I will wait for any reviews etc.

I like this DAoC quite a bit, probably won't swap it for SWG either unless Im the only one on the servers.

O

old.Brutallus

will see...

Wicoa, do not be naive!
read once more Toirdhealbhach post + this:

1. as long as it is "written on the web" it is worth nothing

have u seen any marketing campaign (web & other) which does not present the product as the best in class? - let us see the effects first...

2. the quality for MMORPG is everything

do you know how complex, advanced & grahically/medially perfect Anarchy Online is ?
and do u know what happend to it after 1-2 months from start because of its stbility/quality ?
what do we know & what CAN we know about Shadow quality when it finally goes live AND MASSIVE ?

3. every new product bases on previous ones & tries to fix problmes & to add more stuff

who would care shadowbane if it is the same like DAoC, EQ or worse...
they must add something and it is not a shame for DAoC for not having it

4. all current MMORPG are the same (maybe excluding UO) and I bet Shadow will be too.

I started EQ, then read about AO (lots of new stuff) & tried it, then read about DAoC (RvR, keeps traking) & tried it (trying actually). And you know what? there are lots of differences but the overall exparience/impression is THE SAME
all these games + shadowbane are built around same idea, there are just different features which you quickly get used to & which do not change what you do in them

well... at least that's my idea :cool:
so now - Shadowbane lovers - blame me! :flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom