Shadowbane

M

mestoph

hiya,

Just thought i'd post this link i found while trawling through the normal crap of the net today. It appears that shadowbane has some MASSIVE problems at this current time from hackers. So those wanting and gagging for this game, would be wise to wait till its at least stable in any shape or form.

http :// www .wired.com /news /games /0,2101,59034,00.html

Just remove the spaces in the link, as it wont let me post links yet. :)

Ty, Marillion 50, FireWiz <excal> Drakan-Templars.

S

Sarnat

Some high quality software that Shadowbane...

L

living

lol i guess they had some laugh that evening :]

Imagen legion suddenly spawning infront of a lvl 1 in daoc :]

M

mestoph

heh, true.

Someone new to DaOC.
---------
Create character,
Select starting location,

Intro tip screen.
Welcome to Dark Age of Camelot, "insert realm here".

Follow advice, start reading help information.
Follow advice, find a small level 1 monster
Start beating its brains out

You kill it (WOOOO!!!!)
Your fraction with DaOC has decreased
You are teleported

New Location: Emain, AMG

Current Situation: 100 player zerg from each realm in combat

You are hit for 878 damage (+678)
You are dead!

Uhuh, this aint nice, i'll think i should take it back to the shop.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by mestoph
heh, true.

Someone new to DaOC.
---------
Create character,
Select starting location,

Intro tip screen.
Welcome to Dark Age of Camelot, "insert realm here".

Follow advice, start reading help information.
Follow advice, find a small level 1 monster
Start beating its brains out

You kill it (WOOOO!!!!)
Your fraction with DaOC has decreased
You are teleported

New Location: Emain, AMG

Current Situation: 100 player zerg from each realm in combat

You are hit for 878 damage (+678)
You are dead!

Uhuh, this aint nice, i'll think i should take it back to the shop.

^^

T

The Kingpin

OMG,
as much as i hate hackers, that would be something funny to see,

Like, everyone in Midgard was ported to Camelot Hills..

Hehe, That game must really be going to hell..

E

envenom

DAOC got hacked once too so stop the bullshit about Shadowbane its not the 1st to be hacked and it wont be the last you retards

E

eynar

Originally posted by envenom
DAOC got hacked once too so stop the bullshit about Shadowbane its not the 1st to be hacked and it wont be the last you retards
The only retard in this thread would be you i'm afraid tho...so

corner.jpg

O

old.Prof

The DAoC hack simply downed the servers.

The hack that hit SB is something totally different though, they basically took control of the servers and just toyed around with the players ...

Envenom, maybe compare cases closer next time before you start throwing insults :p

E

envenom

it got hacked thou didnt it? thats my point u dumb fucks IT GOT HACKED and it downed the servers for like 2 days if i remember so fuck off nubbers

S

Sortbane

it got hacked thou didnt it? thats my point u dumb fucks IT GOT HACKED and it downed the servers for like 2 days if i remember so fuck off nubbers

There's a huge difference between hacking and DoS attacks (denial of service) so saying that it got hacked is like saying that envenom is smart..

T

The Kingpin

You fuck off, Mr ShadowBane fanboi, i remember you saying this game was going to kill daoc,

You hang around here like a bad smell, please go away.

Shadowbane is a pile of shit, 4 years is the makeing, looks to me they spend a good 3 years armwresling

When people are able to hack into the game it self, it justs poor design, and that the game ernt going to get very far.

New or not, sure daoc got hacked, but i don't remember seeing no god damn Moor Lich or what ever in Camelot hills :p

L

living

The DOS attack lowered the servers 1 day and they just rolled em back .. this is alot worse imo :] Tho i culd be fun if some1 ported all three realms inside camelot city and enabled pvp :]

E

Esoteric

I'd like to see a Pygmy Goblin Scout, massive aggro range and tiny as hell.

Or get the dragons to port to emain and fight each other hehehe. See all the level 50's clamber for the last hit to get the drops ;-).

V

Validus

aye esoteric. though the sad thing will be is having a proof to the fact that one of the only thing that brings enemies together is greed

H

hrorvaig

OMG just how immature and stupid can you be... And the sadest part would probably be that you are still lurking this forums...

S

Sarnat

LOL plz... DoS attack has nothing to do with hacking. Anyone who can mod some virus/write one/get hold of a virus network can do a DDoS attack... Basically it's just sending shit to the router that the servers connect (or some other bottleneck) at high enough rate so the connection practically goes down. That's pretty damn far from hacking a game server and taking control over it.

K

katt!

at least its not a clientside GM switch like neocron had :x

O

oldtimer

The only retards in this history are the hackers that cant find anything useful to do with their talents. Imaging being so uncreative that you cant find anything positive to do...you must live in a mental desert to end up like they do.

What is the point with hurting other people like that? Revenge for getting beaten by your little sister or what? Ruining the gameplay for the players like this only puts the light on what sorry characters those hackers are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom