Shades of mist

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Going on 42 hours without pop now, so i'm guessing it's bugged,
does any one know of any incidents of this on other servers ?
or are we looking at working as intended again ? I took the time to Write to rightnow after it dinged 36 hours..but heh well knowing how long they can take to respond this probebly dosent help much,

/.Cheers Olga

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
I hear it's shy towards activechar campers.

J/k, but it's rediciolus anyway ;)

Bloodclot

Banned
helped FOM with encounter yesterday afternoon.
so it was up then. and not bugged.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
o_O the person that was there yesterday before i arrived said he'd been there since 9am..but in any case i know for a fact it hasent pop'ed since 8pm yesterday until now tho'

Olgaline

FH is my second home
yes..was an fg killed by phinx..i was watching, the statue wasent up tho ;)

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
I was at Malice for 36 hours once. Killed it and it repoped after 5 mins.

Sn00k3

Fledgling Freddie
i ran there for fun once, no one camped, waited 30 mins, pop :cheers:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
its a joke rly, like half of the population needs it, what did mythic think when they made arti mobs repop timer 8h+ instead of 2hours MAX :eek:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Poor gamedesign imo, since it does nothing to enhance the gaming experience at all. Mythic should make it as easy as possible to take part of what this game is good at: rvr/pvp combat. Having spawn timers of this lenght when they *know* that most ppl will want it only makes for dissatisfaction.

Khrin

One of Freddy's beloved
Dorin said:
its a joke rly, like half of the population needs it, what did mythic think when they made arti mobs repop timer 8h+ instead of 2hours MAX :eek:

That u have to put some effort into it if u want it? ^^

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
Poor gamedesign imo, since it does nothing to enhance the gaming experience at all. Mythic should make it as easy as possible to take part of what this game is good at: rvr/pvp combat. Having spawn timers of this lenght when they *know* that most ppl will want it only makes for dissatisfaction.

Yeah they should just give everyone as much money as they want in game and all the equipment. And make everyone ML10 so they can all be the same, and whilst they are at it, make everyone RR10 and Lvl50. THat would make it dead easy to RvR........... Oh and give my thane spreadheals and stealth and a 40 second insta stun with a 1000 radius and 2000 range.

Hell why don't they leave the equipment lying round emain with boxed of recharges for arrows and spells. And give everyone the ability to get rocket launchers.

Oh, that would be quake......

Olgaline

FH is my second home
yaruar said:
Yeah they should just give everyone as much money as they want in game and all the equipment. And make everyone ML10 so they can all be the same, and whilst they are at it, make everyone RR10 and Lvl50. THat would make it dead easy to RvR........... Oh and give my thane spreadheals and stealth and a 40 second insta stun with a 1000 radius and 2000 range.

Hell why don't they leave the equipment lying round emain with boxed of recharges for arrows and spells. And give everyone the ability to get rocket launchers.

Oh, that would be quake......

you missed his point by a mile,

stormwind

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:

You dont need the items to go into RvR....
You only need them to twink every single ounce of points out of the gamesystem as possible with current patchrules, not really a requirement :touch:

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
som encounter is fine
actually _all_ encounters with 100% drop are fine
no matter respawn timer
what sucks is 10 kills of eramai within three days and no feking cloak :twak:

ps. wtt som for cloudsong :p

Olgaline

FH is my second home
yaruar said:
I think you missed mine by even further.

actually no, and i agree with you that you dont need perfect templates or groups to enjoy rvr, infact some of the most fun i have had in rvr has been with far than perfect grps'

How ever for the more deticated player, the fact stil remains Artifacts really do make a diffrence weather one is willing to admit it or not, and a "upto" 36 hour timer for one of the most popular artifacts is and i agree with fana here bad game design.. i for one would rather see it's dificulty increased and timer lowerd than the other way around..

anyway just my thought on it..

Cheers ;)

/..Olga

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Olgaline said:
actually no, and i agree with you that you dont need perfect templates or groups to enjoy rvr, infact some of the most fun i have had in rvr has been with far than perfect grps'

How ever for the more deticated player, the fact stil remains Artifacts really do make a diffrence weather one is willing to admit it or not, and a "upto" 36 hour timer for one of the most popular artifacts is and i agree with fana here bad game design.. i for one would rather see it's dificulty increased and timer lowerd than the other way around..

anyway just my thought on it..

Cheers ;)

/..Olga

Yeah, but most of the "dedicated" players (ie the 8v8 gank group players who do require every advantage they can get over their opposition) have got most of the artifacts they want and already leveled them. AFAIR the major RvR guilds have been farming what they need pretty much with the intensity they put into RvR.

Personally i'm doing better in RvR than i ever have, 30k rpts in the last couple of weeks, but mainly due to people feeling sorry for me and grouping with me ;)

I do intend to get artifacts, i currently only have a lvl 9.72 belt of the sun, but I'm going to wait until things have quietened down and organise my own groups to get them. They are certainly easier to get than TG items such as the chest pieces which required 5+ groups to get an entire evening of farming and then not even then a garanteed drop......

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I would never complain about poor game design if getting the damn artifact was actually fun and challenging *in game*! What they managed instead was to make it a RL-challenge where you have to camp the damn thing for 30+ hours to be even have a chanse of getting it.

And dont tell me you dont need artifacts (or this one in particular) to have fun in rvr, please. I played the game with my warrior in epic for 9+ months before i got sc for him - after all that time i want to up the competative level of my gameplay, which means twinking my next character into something that wont get its ass handed to itself time and time again. Its all about what you want out of the game atm. Besides i already have the damn cloak, im just hurting with the ppl that dont (and was on standby all of yesterday to help if/when it poped for my camping guildies).

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Khrin said:
That u have to put some effort into it if u want it? ^^

lifeless ppl who camp artifact mobs from 6:00am to 6:00am put effort in it?
ok :eek:

cmon be real, the artifact encounter is no big deal for an ok grp (we managed to fail once, reread encounter [SPOT THE EFFORT%!!!] and done it with 4 ppl (everyone logged in with 2 accounts) it. Its just bothers me that getting cloak for guildies seems impossible with a normal lifecycle (not online 24/7) and without a big load of LUCK.

After being lucky and got the cloak, you need to farm some retarded mob (which ofc you cant do solo, need other ppl to tag along) for endless hours so you can activate it aaaaaaaaaaaaand start lvling up the artifact, which yet again takes shit loads of time (like snakecharmer, no lvl 65+ mobs with a nice pop, only red ones so you kinda need to solo them for good xp). That kinda hurts if you dont like pve and you got lets say 3-5 hours to play daily (which is still a lot..)

You dont need artifacts? sure thing if you dont like to win in rvsr [for me loosing is not fun, was fun 2 years ago maybe. We tried without ml's, artis... it is not working againts grps who have them and not totally clueless.

so bzz

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
tbh som is relatively easy to get art
and it's worth the effort you put in

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
Yeah, but most of the "dedicated" players (ie the 8v8 gank group players who do require every advantage they can get over their opposition)

Personally I couldn't go past the fact that my opponent can have 600 dmg absorbed by his som cloak and I just use my troll fathers cloak which does no super duper voodoo magic, not a 'gank group player' either, my rvr standard is set kinda high tho. Maybe yours aren't (not an insult, but as I see from your posts...)

~~

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
SoM is ubeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

And I bought mine for silly amounts of money, worth every copper :)

Indrid

Fledgling Freddie
was up when we ran by.. killed it for a guy in group.. 1 hour later or 30 min.. then he was up again.. and we killed him for another guy who needed it.. so dont think it is bugged..

Graveland

Fledgling Freddie
Indeed, SoM has some really wicked spawning times. I for myself waited 13hrs+ (lost it in lotto thou :( ).

Yaruar, you missed the point here, we are not asking lvl50 chars and all equipment right when we start daoc, we are asking for a BIT LOWER SPAWNING TIME. Got it? Waiting for a spawn like 36hrs, thats ridiculous. For a wanted arti like SoM, it would be fair for it to have max 8hrs spawn. But sure yaruar you can go camp items for 36hrs if you want...

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Why does everyone want it so badly? I have it and it aint that UBER. Harpy's also have a good proc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom