Shades of mist and Rain[Griffon Knights]

Rambo[DS]

Fledgling Freddie
i take my bot to the Shades of mist camp, noone there, so i wait for pop.
after 2hrs or so pop is done, i get a mincer a bpt theu and a merc and i go for it. i am there and i am getting buffed etc to start the encounter when Rain pm me saying he was camping the spot for 12hrs since last night and was waiting for pop. i say i am here 2hrs+ and saw noone there. And he says... yes cause i was stealthed !!! :worthy: :m00: :clap:

Then he suggests me to help and we lotto the artifact. i say bad idea cause i am trying to find it poped 3 weeks now.
he replys nothing. i start the encouter and we die cause of mincer mistake. i release bot, come back res all, ( his grp was alrdy there and didnt resed us )
then we w8 for a reset.
So he stealth and goin in the middle waiting for reset and as fast the reset is done he start the encounter. i pm him saying whats goin on, and he says we had our chance and we died so now its their turn...

After i made some lame things and reset the encounter just before they kill the final sphinx, and after they tried again and died i just resed em and i left...

The lesson of the story is Griffon Knights acted lame, Rains especially, and the most importnant is that ...Mythic SUX. :puke:

I was trying 2weeks+ to find Belt of Sun poped, i am still trying to find Hermes, and many more artifacts as well, and because of stupid artifact system/and pop rate ppls arguing every day !!! sad imo !

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
So you ended up griefing them ? GG. You realize this is valid reason for Righnow report ?

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
So let me get this straight... you had your try, failed, then when the next group went for their turn you 'made some lame things and reset the encounter' just before the final sphinx so that they died?

Okay.

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
i agree m8,

the pop time on artifacts does s00k, I wasted 2 weeks trying to get fools bow when i could have been doing ML's.

I apprciate that artifacts have to be difficult to get otherwise every1 will have em and there will be no challange, but spending days trying to get artifacts is a waste of time imo :cheers:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Shades of mist is camped loads and causing problems to obtain it due to things like this, harpy cloak is harder to lv so people go for shades of mist, but rambo kind of bad acting like that too after even though he did make you annoyed he didn't interfere with your mobs?or did he?

But maybe get another a cloak and use it for sc if it's too much hassle, i think shadeform is getting nerfed anyway.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Rambo[DS] said:
After i made some lame things and reset the encounter just before they kill the final sphinx

You died
After the Mob reset back to its original position IT IS NO LONGER YOUR MOB If you Read the CoC it clearly says until you pull the mob anyone can pull it. He at least waited until after you Died to pull it.

He didn't break the CoC, and you interfeared with there pull AND BROKE the COC
He also offered to Lotto the Loot with you..

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
i totaly agree that the repop timers on some mobs are MAD.. been trying to get the winged helm for about 1.5 weeks now or camping is not the right word.. since i have only been camping every now and then logging of 2 hours coming back checking no pop walk around 1 hour log come back again and so on..
/poke mythic :touch:

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
I had similar problem with Spear of Kings and someone camping it with BB.

In my case I walked away from the situation and came back to get it another time.

Artifacts do bring the worst out in people but I believe that common sense should prevail over rules.

In your case, I think the Griffon Knights were entitled to go for the mob after you wiped but I do understand the frustration of artifacts.

But at the end of the day, worth keeping a good reputation rather than to get it dragged through FH imo. :cheers:

Good luck on it next time.

/salute

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Rellik said:
i totaly agree that the repop timers on some mobs are MAD.. been trying to get the winged helm for about 1.5 weeks now or camping is not the right word.. since i have only been camping every now and then logging of 2 hours coming back checking no pop walk around 1 hour log come back again and so on..
/poke mythic :touch:

Try do the Kalare's Necklace encounter on the same island, it's rumoured it makes Hermes pop faster, not sure but worth a try o0

A

Aoln

People who flame Rambo: Would you have just stood and watched while a group who refused to rez you killed the mob you had been camping for last 2hours? :|

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
This is a tought one, and i can see it from both sides.

Rambo have camped the spot to get shades he pulls and fails, sucks, but i must say if it fails it has to be next group that waitings turn, even thou it sucks to lose the artifact because some little thing goes wrong.

Havnt had any situations myself so cant say how i would react but flaming on this forum seems a bit extreme for somethign that isnt a break of CoC.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Rambo here`s a tip.. DO NOT BOTHER getting the Winged Helm its a complete waste of time, takes farking ages to level and i mean ages. spent close to 3 days solid chain killing harpies with my warrior and the helm got to level 4.

There are far better artifacts to get than that one, i wouldn`t waste my time or even yours getting it. As for SoM best thing to do is get there early in the morning with a fg or more so your Guarateed to kill it. Once you have the cloak, leveling it is a piece of cake. Took me just over 6 hours to ding mine level 10.

By comparison i was also leveling my golden spear at the time, in the time my spear went from level 6 to level 7, my cloak went from level 0 - 10 ;p

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Well. It's silly to think you can camp an encounter stealthed. COC-wise you dont have any rights from camping it afaik. But it's common courtesy when people are camping a spot, you don't rush in and pull the mob just cause you can do it faster.

If people die they first try, let them try again for god's sake. Yeah sure, maybe the CoC allows you to be a tard, does that mean you have to be one?

But if people decide to be tard's just walk away and come back another time. Doesn't help to screw them over either. That just means they'll come back another time and possibly fuck someone else over.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
This is an example of how ToA has resulted in people becoming less polite / patient / helpful. People are irritated and it is having an impact.

Uts also an example of the type of thread that got EQ the nickname Evercamp 5 years or so ago and one of the things that DAoC set out to avoid. since then new EQs spawns are generally have shorter, there are zillions more camp spots due to all th eexpansions and, to top it all, instanced dungeons/raids have been introduced reducing camp time to length of time it takes to get a few folks together.

This is one area were DAoC certainly usurped EQ :wij:

Rambo[DS]

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:
Try do the Kalare's Necklace encounter on the same island, it's rumoured it makes Hermes pop faster, not sure but worth a try o0

Thanks Derric :) will try that tommorow, even the helm is not for me i am just helping evita to get it.
We went there more than 20 times in the island and we never found Hermes.

Rambo[DS]

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
Rambo here`s a tip.. DO NOT BOTHER getting the Winged Helm its a complete waste of time, takes farking ages to level and i mean ages. spent close to 3 days solid chain killing harpies with my warrior and the helm got to level 4.

There are far better artifacts to get than that one, i wouldn`t waste my time or even yours getting it. As for SoM best thing to do is get there early in the morning with a fg or more so your Guarateed to kill it. Once you have the cloak, leveling it is a piece of cake. Took me just over 6 hours to ding mine level 10.

By comparison i was also leveling my golden spear at the time, in the time my spear went from level 6 to level 7, my cloak went from level 0 - 10 ;p

well as i mensioned the helm is not for me, but anyways what do you suggest ? :p :p ;)

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
Rambo[DS] said:
i take my bot to the Shades of mist camp, noone there, so i wait for pop.
after 2hrs or so pop is done, i get a mincer a bpt theu and a merc and i go for it. i am there and i am getting buffed etc to start the encounter when Rain pm me saying he was camping the spot for 12hrs since last night and was waiting for pop. i say i am here 2hrs+ and saw noone there. And he says... yes cause i was stealthed !!! :worthy: :clap:

Then he suggests me to help and we lotto the artifact. i say bad idea cause i am trying to find it poped 3 weeks now.
he replys nothing. i start the encouter and we die cause of mincer mistake. i release bot, come back res all, ( his grp was alrdy there and didnt resed us )
then we w8 for a reset.
So he stealth and goin in the middle waiting for reset and as fast the reset is done he start the encounter. i pm him saying whats goin on, and he says we had our chance and we died so now its their turn...

After i made some lame things and reset the encounter just before they kill the final sphinx, and after they tried again and died i just resed em and i left...

The lesson of the story is Griffon Knights acted lame, Rains especially, and the most importnant is that ...Mythic SUX.

I was trying 2weeks+ to find Belt of Sun poped, i am still trying to find Hermes, and many more artifacts as well, and because of stupid artifact system/and pop rate ppls arguing every day !!! sad imo !

Another thread that shows the bad side of ToA :(

But.. myself would have grouped with him.. would have meant a 50/50 chance which I can understand is not great after waiting for so long but then again as you said, he was there for 10 hours more than you camping the spot also. Think compormise might have been the better option.

After playing this game for as long as I have and knowing Rains (not Rain ;p ) for close to all that time, I know he would never break the CoC or do anything that that would upset others unless provoked.

Also.. maybe talk to them rather than posting on here or sending "being Lame" (as you put it) and most things can be sorted.

Long live the spirit of Albion :fluffle:

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:
People who flame Rambo: Would you have just stood and watched while a group who refused to rez you killed the mob you had been camping for last 2hours? :|

Didnt flame him this time.. but you have to remember that he has already stated he did start the encounter even after finding out Rains had been camping there for 12 hours :(

sko

Loyal Freddie
Rambo: when I got my cloak almost the same happend.
Had camped for ages, finnaly pop, we get ready to rock, but one of the mobs became uber and pwnd us, so we had to release, when we came back a fine squad of Phoenix Legion had the camp. Our group got upset, but we didn't say anything, since it was only fair. But then, Phoenix Legion offered a merge and lotto for everyone and we killed the mob and I was very lucky and won the lotto..

sometimes it pays off to be humble.

On a sidenote, I do agreed that the pop rate on artifacts is very annoying .. its not like peeps cant get what they want, except mythic is just forcing peeps to waste alot of time for it.. cheap ass sale trick if you look in the grand scheme.

-Naagauk

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Speeedy said:
Didnt flame him this time.. but you have to remember that he has already stated he did start the encounter even after finding out Rains had been camping there for 12 hours :(

If he's camping stealthed, and fails to notify while seeing Rambo camp it for 2 hours it kinda changes the situation.

Bubble said:
You died
After the Mob reset back to its original position IT IS NO LONGER YOUR MOB If you Read the CoC it clearly says until you pull the mob anyone can pull it. He at least waited until after you Died to pull it.

He didn't break the CoC, and you interfeared with there pull AND BROKE the COC
He also offered to Lotto the Loot with you..

Thats just bullshit tbh bubble, and u know it :m00: ... you dont have to break any irl laws to be an asshole either I mean steal ppls encounters is lame. Claiming he was stealthed and w8ed 12 h, imo sounds... The best thing to do in that sit... is that the role for who wioll get the SoM then they w8 for repop again and the winner help the the one who lost the lotto first try. SoM has reseted after 2 mins for me so you might belucky :clap:

Old.Ilum said:
If he's camping stealthed, and fails to notify while seeing Rambo camp it for 2 hours it kinda changes the situation.

Exactely. If he camps the spot / stands in line there wich is perfectly fine IMO. It is kinda pointless to be stealthed. If this guys claimed he was stealthed for 12 h and no1 saw him then maybe rambo been there stealthed for 2 weeks... I mean ff.s that is just rediculous to try and pull that one off...
Such obvious bullshit imo :D ...

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Btw Regarding Kalares Necklace forcing a pop on Hermes :

Ive done Kalares 6 or so times, of which it only seemed to pop Hermes once < after 25-40 minute waiting >

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Let me get this right your flaming a whole guild for the actions of one person?
Then you do whatever you can to try and screw up the encounter for anyone else?

AND YOU HAVE THE CHEEK TO FLAME ANYONE?

Anyone that actually knows GK in game know that unlike many l33t guilds we're pretty fair, honest and friendly to most people we meet. As a GM of a guild you should know better than to start some childish rant like this :m00:

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
Get ready for the pm's ingame calling you a little kid Kami :kissit:

but I fully agree with you ;)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Thats just bullshit tbh bubble, and u know it :m00: ... you dont have to break any irl laws to be an asshole either I mean steal ppls encounters is lame. Claiming he was stealthed and w8ed 12 h, imo sounds... The best thing to do in that sit... is that the role for who wioll get the SoM then they w8 for repop again and the winner help the the one who lost the lotto first try. SoM has reseted after 2 mins for me so you might belucky :clap:

Again rambo team was wiped, Once all the players have been killed and the mob walks back to its original position its not longer there no IE not proected by the CoC. I'm just telling you the 'Laws' of the game, they did nothing wrong, if he was waiting for the mob as well, he let rambo have a crack at it and failed so killed it himself(Ie the person who waited there the longest had there attempt, after they failed the other team had an attempt...personly i don't see whats twisting you tit,the only thing in this thread that has been 'Lame' and against the CoC was rambo messing up the encounter for the GK's, now that was 'lame' as you said.
Also Rambo was the one that didn't want to merge with them... Some chance was reduced to no chance after he did that.

Rambo[DS]

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Again rambo team was wiped, Once all the players have been killed and the mob walks back to its original position its not longer there no IE not proected by the CoC. I'm just telling you the 'Laws' of the game, they did nothing wrong, if he was waiting for the mob as well, he let rambo have a crack at it and failed so killed it himself(Ie the person who waited there the longest had there attempt, after they failed the other team had an attempt...personly i don't see whats twisting you tit,the only thing in this thread that has been 'Lame' and against the CoC was rambo messing up the encounter for the GK's, now that was 'lame' as you said.
Also Rambo was the one that didn't want to merge with them... Some chance was reduced to no chance after he did that.

Bubble, you doin this a lot mate. you never read the whole post before you reply. very often you read only the headlines.
1. He was "camping" the spot for 12hrs ...STEALTHED. imo sounds like lies.
2. Camping a spot for 12hrs means a lot of REDBULL some pills etc. imo 12hrs camp sounds lies again.
3. Lets say ok its not lies, why not pming me while i am there 2hrs? what am i doin there? waiting for the train? no i am waiting for a pop. i get no pm why?cause imo, none is there.
4. ok, i start the encounter i die. they are alrdy there, they have pala,friar,cleric. i get no res. i dont release. i release only bot wich is binded in volcanus and its there in a minute, so i res our selves and we are rdy for another try. but Rains is stealthed near the statue and start the encounter as soon it reset, and this without saying anything.

and yes i overeacted, but its daoc we talking about, thats natural.

Kami said:
Let me get this right your flaming a whole guild for the actions of one person?
Then you do whatever you can to try and screw up the encounter for anyone else?

AND YOU HAVE THE CHEEK TO FLAME ANYONE?

Anyone that actually knows GK in game know that unlike many l33t guilds we're pretty fair, honest and friendly to most people we meet. As a GM of a guild you should know better than to start some childish rant like this :m00:

i have alrdy forgotten the incident. but you know how it is when you are pissed at the same moment.
They were all members of GK tho thats why i mensioned the guild, i am not saying i was a saint there, and i know GK is a nice guild and i will keep grouping with them, even with Rains if it happens. No hard feelings for anyone.
As i said its ToA that has taken our anger in another level, thats all.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Rambo[DS] said:
Bubble, you doin this a lot mate. you never read the whole post before you reply. very often you read only the headlines.
1. He was "camping" the spot for 12hrs ...STEALTHED. imo sounds like lies.
2. Camping a spot for 12hrs means a lot of REDBULL some pills etc. imo 12hrs camp sounds lies again.
3. Lets say ok its not lies, why not pming me while i am there 2hrs? what am i doin there? waiting for the train? no i am waiting for a pop. i get no pm why?cause imo, none is there.
4. ok, i start the encounter i die. they are alrdy there, they have pala,friar,cleric. i get no res. i dont release. i release only bot wich is binded in volcanus and its there in a minute, so i res our selves and we are rdy for another try. but Rains is stealthed near the statue and start the encounter as soon it reset, and this without saying anything.

and yes i overeacted, but its daoc we talking about, thats natural.

i have alrdy forgotten the incident. but you know how it is when you are pissed at the same moment.
They were all members of GK tho thats why i mensioned the guild, i am not saying i was a saint there, and i know GK is a nice guild and i will keep grouping with them, even with Rains if it happens. No hard feelings for anyone.
As i said its ToA that has taken our anger in another level, thats all.

Your probley right, he probley did Lie but that doesn't change the situation since you pulled first anyone
but still just saying the facts (i'll not repeat myself)

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
bad bad liers........

not ressing people ..........

no cookie for you :twak:

camping a mob 12 hours stealthed..... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

,,l, o_O ,l,,,

Nedra

Fledgling Freddie
Let me get this right, your claiming that Rains, who for well over a year ran GK and led countless raids for guild and alliance alike, has constantly been active for albion in rvr let alone being an E&E for GOA is lieing? Coming from people who can't even come close to claiming they have helped albion that much is pretty offensive to me.

Wont be posting on this thread again so dont bother replying, just felt you needed to hear that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom