Sfx?

O

old.LandShark

He's on IRC this very moment. Not saying much, or indeed anything, but he's there.

O

old.job

OK I'll show my soft underbelly of giganoobness.

What exactly is IRC?

W

Wile_E_Coyote

Idiots 'R Chatting, the place where people either hang around quietly being bored (not chatting at all) or spam you with "ASL plz". :p

O

osy

I remember one called Alrindel going poof! like that... poor fella, he was never seen again.

G

gengi

Originally posted by old.job
OK I'll show my soft underbelly of giganoobness.

What exactly is IRC?

I'm with the jobbie on this, I have Mirc here at work but whenever I try to connect to get the juicy uber gos it says connection timed out connecting to #quakenet.de even though I stated I wanted to connect to #quakenet.uk. The Randomness of the last two letters is confined to euro domains. My problem may be a fairly normal ping time of 600+ms frequently going to 2 seconds and sometimes as high as 6 secs. Satellite modems for tehlagwin!!!!!!!!!2233.
I can ping the quakenet server, its slow as stated above but pingable. I may have some firewall issues but the firewall is in Aberdeen I am off the coast of Africa so there is not much I can do about that. I have even tried connecting to obscure philipino irc channels on 6661 or 6662 incase it was a block on 6667 and 8 all to no avail.
I cannot for the life of me see where to change the connection timer, I don't have any irc at home, because I don't.
Maybe I should have put this ramble in the tech forum, but its nearly Wednesday and irksome irc, will not rear its ugly head for a month after that.

Later

K

kr0n

SFXman is currently enjoying Real Life(tm) and is unable to spam your local forums. Wait for next week thursday, then you shall see him active again, for 4 days. Assembly here we come!

J

Jonaldo

Hm looked at link and browsed for about 1 minute.
Can't really call going to something like that instead of using a pc indoors 'real life'. CBA with events like that, pure geekdom, got a pc at home and don't need to be in a room full of others to use it :rolleyes:

What is peoples problem that they can't balance real life issues and gaming at the same time? I seem to manage fine yet so many say they can't play DAoC and actually exist outside simultaneously :eek7: It's not really *that* hard to turn the computer off and pop down the pub with a few mates at the weekend or go play pool/football/tennis or whatever during the week is it?

Not like omg I need to do stuff so refuse to use computer for x amount of time.

B

Bellona

For some people its just cocaine... you cant controll it, better quit :D

O

old.job

True, DAOC doesn't really intrude into my RL time, it intrudes into my sleeping time, I get in from night out at 2am and start playing for hours.
I'm starting to look like wreck though, people in work are worrying about my health, I really am surviving on 5hrs a night sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom