settling an arguement

O

old.Tyraette

This image here has done the rounds before, last saw Klav using it. BUT...it provoked an arguement amongst my family, and NEEDS RESOLVING

potkettle.jpg

I always thought hte phrase was Kettle calling the pot black, wheras half my family say 'no, its the pot calling the kettle black'

WHICH IS IT

I swear the image is wrong :(

D

Danya

It's "pot calling the kettle black", hence that image is wrong.

O

old.Xarr

think it's pot calling kettle black too...

S

Sharma

Pot the kettle black

so i guess its the pot calling the kettle black :D

O

old.Tyraette

Originally posted by Danyan
It's "pot calling the kettle black", hence that image is wrong.

but the pot is the one on the left?

:p

hence its right?

gifv online phrase dictionary...i need TEH TWUTH

O

old.LandShark

Pot
Kettle
Black

Is the general usage... :p pot calls the kettle black. In that picture, the KETTLE is calling the POT black.

It worries me you can't tell the difference tbh - don't ever cook anyone dinner :p

O

old.Tyraette

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Pot
Kettle
Black

Is the general usage... :p pot calls the kettle black. In that picture, the KETTLE is calling the POT black.

It worries me you can't tell the difference tbh - don't ever cook anyone dinner :p

im sorry, maybe im missing something obvious here....

the POT calls the KETTLE black

In that image, the POT <on the left - as in teapot> is calling the KETTLE black.

So the image is right. I'm perfectly willing to conced that I got the phrase wrong, but the image is therefore right.

What your saying Lan is that the kettle is calling the pot black...erm....no it isnt?

EDITL ?Forget the original question. In that picture, which is the pot, and which is the kettle :D

O

old.LandShark

Actually, that's fair enough. picture is a teapot calling a kettle black, therefore correct - I was confusing teapots and kettles and random nondescript kitchen pots :p

J

Jonaldo

All depends what your favourite kind of pot is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom