Servive Fee

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
Guy today called out in IF for any elemental leatherworkers able to make a volcanic breastplate and trousers and that he had the ingredients.
I reply that im a 300 lw and that ill make both for 1g service fee,the guy then spends the next 20 minutes debating the fact with me that im a F******selfish W***** trying to charge him as he had the materials and i should do it for free?
Now i explained that imo only my guild mates get free service and what was the point in me spending the time,effort and money getting to 300 elemental lw with a good selection of non trained patterns when ppl got the things made for free.
Am i being the greedy******* i was accused of being or should i do things fr free like that,i would never dream of expecting a crafter to do something totaly free of charge????
Pls bear in mind he was a lvl 60 as well,so not like i was trying to charge some poor lowbie with no cash.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Balthus said:
Guy today called out in IF for any elemental leatherworkers able to make a volcanic breastplate and trousers and that he had the ingredients.
I reply that im a 300 lw and that ill make both for 1g service fee,the guy then spends the next 20 minutes debating the fact with me that im a F******selfish W***** trying to charge him as he had the materials and i should do it for free?
Now i explained that imo only my guild mates get free service and what was the point in me spending the time,effort and money getting to 300 elemental lw with a good selection of non trained patterns when ppl got the things made for free.
Am i being the greedy******* i was accused of being or should i do things fr free like that,i would never dream of expecting a crafter to do something totaly free of charge????
Pls bear in mind he was a lvl 60 as well,so not like i was trying to charge some poor lowbie with no cash.

Unless a friend/guildie then I'd also do a craft fee, 99% of people won't whine like that. :p

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
It costs money to raise the trade skills. Your commision sounded quite decent tbh, just ignore those kiddies that have no grasp of economy :p

(Speaking of kiddies, there's one on the bloodhoof forum stating "Well, I'm 13, so not exactly a kiddie!" - made me chuckle)

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
i think after the first minute /ignore would have been the best option.

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
1g fee is very cheap to be honest. Most people charge alot more than that, so he should have been happy... so yeah another one for the ignore list I think ;)

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
people on my server get angry at me for charging more than the material cost for stuff i craft when they dont supply the materials i think some people dont really understand crafting

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Someone charged 100g for making Lionhearts helm, even though I would bring the ingredients. Sadly he was the only one able to make it at the time, so I did it. ( 100g isn't that much at 60 anyway.. )

Afran

Part of the furniture
exponentiaL said:
Someone charged 100g for making Lionhearts helm, even though I would bring the ingredients. Sadly he was the only one able to make it at the time, so I did it. ( 100g isn't that much at 60 anyway.. )

The craft-fee for Lionheart's on my server is 350g oO

Afran

Part of the furniture
exponentiaL said:
You're elite though! ;f
What the fuck is that suppose to mean? xD
If stupidly high craft-fees on my server makes me elite, c00l. :eek:

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Afran said:

You're all chinese money farmers so yeah, you're able to spend that kind of money easeh.

Afran

Part of the furniture
exponentiaL said:
You're all chinese money farmers so yeah, you're able to spend that kind of money easeh.
...Next time you make a retarded comment, atleast try back it up.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
I agree, 1 gold was much too low for your services. Look at the value you provide for the user of the endproduct. If he wants it for free, tell him to train a crafter himself and he can see what that cost! :)

Bone's

Fledgling Freddie
why so Touchy

Afran said:

Afran why u taking offence so quickly NO doubt the dude was pulling ur chain and u jump down his throat ?? maybe a comp"elite" Noob if u pay 350 for an item to be crafted (with mat's supplyed) or the fact the crafters in ur realm are just pure greedy Surgestion of the Week: Move to a nice realm who dont charge u that price :)

btw dont move to Shadowmoon as we are full

Take care, have fun, enjoy the game, play fair and all the rubbish

Afran

Part of the furniture
Bone's said:
Afran why u taking offence so quickly NO doubt the dude was pulling ur chain and u jump down his throat ?? maybe a comp"elite" Noob if u pay 350 for an item to be crafted (with mat's supplyed) or the fact the crafters in ur realm are just pure greedy Surgestion of the Week: Move to a nice realm who dont charge u that price :)

btw dont move to Shadowmoon as we are full

Take care, have fun, enjoy the game, play fair and all the rubbish
I'm not even a Warrior/paladin, so wouldn't need Lionheart Helm. Making a retarded that I'm "leet" due to someone charging 350g craft-fee has nothing to do with me at all. :p

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This isn't the DAOC area, so watch what you are doing. I play nastier here for people acting like pillocks.... :twak:

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Getting back on topic...

No I don't think it's unreasonable for a Crafter to charge a service fee, the size of the fee is ofc a matter of personal opinion (for example, those theives called Enchanters who STILL want 100g on Crusader regardless of whether you have the items or not :eek: )

But no, I don't think 1g is even close to unreasonable - for a lvl60 to be kicking up a fuss over such a trivial amount... if I were in your position i'd have just replied like this:

"WTF! 1g! FUCK YOU GREEDY ****!"
"It's 2g now..."
"2g! FOADIRL!!!"
"3g"
"FUCK YOU!"
"4..."
"GREEDY PRICK"
"5"
"WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU FUCKTARD!"
"10g"
"WTF! 10! LOL LEARN TO COUNT BITCH!!"
"20g"
"!!!!"

and so on, I mean it's not like you own random strangers anything - otherwise they wouldn't be random strangers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom