Servers

O

ocs18

Morning peeps,

I’m after a clan server and i wanted to ask you lot what one would you recommend, as there r a few out there.

Any feedback appreciated :)

M

Moön

Well I personlly have tride 2, Jolt and barrysworld and I'm afraid I'm unaware of current prices .

The jolt was cheap (but rising) and fairly good for our needs at the time, we could run 3 halflife mods and people were getting fairly good pings throughout europe. we did have difficulty controlling it as little of the clan knew how to control a server remotely and also use the ftp access for uploading maps etc and it did take them many weeks following our payment to provide our server but we got it in the end :)

Now in A&I obviously we're going to use a barryserver but to my suprise for the little extra cost its actually more than just a halflife server with 2 or 3 mods, we can actually play almost any game we like including all the latest releases and any halflife mod . Barrysworld are on top of updates and new releases so you dont have to worry about that .
The pings I get are excilent and by far the best of any server in the UK (and the servers are always up to) :D
The control of the server is very user freindly with just about everything you need on a website, you log on to the main barrysworld site click "my barryserver" and you have access to pretty much anything you'l need simply be clicking on the links on the page .
Payment is made very easy and can be devided amoungst a group via Barrybank acount's

If you want to have a read about barryservers have a look here

These are my own personal experiences and no I dont work for barrysworld I'm just very impressed with the way in which the barryservers are supplied, especially considering A&I like to be active in many games and we're eager to play anything new also, its perfect for our needs .

I'm sure there are more clan servers out there but I personally would stick with the big names you know.

Hope this helps ;)

O

ocs18

yeah so far ive looked at bw, jolt, sneaky servers, griffin and ukcsr.

thanks for yr responce, its exactly what i need, id rather go by what someone else said then trust the servers them selves :)

M

Mörgoth

For the 9 months that I rented a Jolt clan server it absolutely rocked. Akin to what Moon says, the admin options are endless provided you have a rudimentary understanding of how to use telnet/ssh to a unix server (very easy to learn even if you don't - you only need a few commands) and ftp. You do need to do stuff like maintain logs and map folder sizes and if you overdo stuff they'll give out but only in extreme cases. I was v. impressed by the whole service tbh and the server usually pinged quite well for foreign players too.

BW clan servers also own for pings, don't know anything about admin access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom