Servers

B

[BR]Afty

Has anyone else noticed the lack of good servers around? Map cycles and pings are the main good points to look out for...

I would like to say thanks to all the Barrys crew for providing the servers that have been provided so far, and I'm just wondering if Barrys plan to add any more boxes in the near future. I get the best pings to Barrys servers, and there aren't normally many lame maps on them...

over to you Ted

S

Shelob

Good performance on BW servers, there are some lame maps tho (iceridge2 springs to mind), sometimes good games too (i.e. not too many team changing utter tw@t's etc)
But basically, we wnat more!

P

packetloss

servers?
I use gamespy and by the time I log on the BW servers are all full
frown.gif

1 or 2 others with good pings are also full
frown.gif

And the rest are empty!
Seems like tribes CTF needs decent sized teams cos the maps are all so big, so people tend to only join servers with people already on them. But I guess someone has to be the first on!
Newbies like me need to learn somewhere!

M

Mongrol

I`ve been in negotiations with Alchemyzone for getting some tribes servers up. Thing is they don`t have a copy of tribes
smile.gif
and Descent3 is out so they`ve went all mad for that. Still I`ll keep at it since pings to Alchemy from Barry`s are usually top notch.
And talking of servers. How come I get 150ms+ to madasafish.com when I`m on isdn. I get less than that to IGN most days.
smile.gif

Mongrol,
Metal Bloke with fat legs, ski`s a lot.

P

packetloss

I signed up to madasafish (shhhhh) and their servers went to the top of the ping list and also gave a very good ping to BW.
I sat in an empty madasafish server for a few mins with a ping of 150-170 on my v90 modem which seems quite good for tribes on my setup. Poor wee packets have to cross the pond you see
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom