Servers?

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Just how good are these servers that they require almost daily maintainance? I cna understand one day a week but nearly every day?

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
Just how good are these servers that they require almost daily maintainance? I cna understand one day a week but nearly every day?

Most games at launch will have more frequent downtime because new bugs, etc will be found.

Once they get them out of the way a more timely schedule will be enforced.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
I thought that was what beta testing was for? Still if it means better play and les lag next week I can accept that.

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
I thought that was what beta testing was for? Still if it means better play and les lag next week I can accept that.

There will be more people on the servers now than beta and it always happens, new bugs will be found that were not in beta and generally performance will get better so maintainence will be more regulary.

I doubt it will take a week though matey, can take months to settle.

If you have too much lag or queues I recommend re rolling on a new server with less population.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well there will be new bugs :) Some bugs slip by the beta testers etc. etc. etc. Look back at WoW took them a week until i could loot a corpse at release.

Swiss

Fledgling Freddie
Its normal for MMO launches, I just wish they done it earlier in the day like at 4am or something!

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH

Welcome to the wonderful world of newly launched MMO's.
It was like that for DaoC at launch, it was like that for EQ2, It was like that for WoW and it was like that for Age of Conan (though they'd better shutdown the servgers of AoC for good, till their game is actually finished)...

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
already 21 english servers and probably more inc for many ppl to log in without waiting in long queues

pikeh

Resident Freddy

Nearly every day? all of...what? 4 days....

It's a new MMO. Servers go down, shit happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom