Servers R Down, They R Finaly Patching!!!!

Isgaroth&Ths

Fledgling Freddie
was just wandering when will the servers go up to try the all the new thingies they gort ready for us this time, and one more thing if someone from GOA could give us the aprox time of the servers going online!!!!

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
some GOA dude or webbie said somewhere in between 6-12 hours from start, prolly depends on how much coffee they need and if they can keep the frogs contained in the office and dont let them escape to run rampaging through the server room

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Isgaroth try visiting the official website

servers will be shut down around 8.30 AM and should reopen towards the end of the day.

Meaning maybe around 4-7 cet?

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
6-12 hours, i aint saying anymore! xD
afaik its simple math to find out when they'll be up again in worst and best case scenario
i never bothered with simple ( or advanced) math so you're on your own

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Rejoice, now we only have to wait for them to come up again before we can start posting "this patch sucks, I want a new server-type using patch 1.65" posts ;)

Isgaroth&Ths

Fledgling Freddie
lets go for a walk together than PWEASE!!!!!!! it will do us both good! :worthy:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Rejoice, now we only have to wait for them to come up again before we can start posting "this patch sucks, I want a new server-type using patch 1.65" posts ;)

I challenge anyone to find anything negative about this patch :) Although more can always be done (and will, apparently) this patch actually is one of the few that only make stuff easier and more balanced as far as i can see.

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
Well for one, you can't flag yourself to receive free levels or not. You have no choice but to take them. This is an issue for people who level toons for a particular battleground, ding 24 and go train to receive lvl 25 as well. Or lets say you are 24, you just dinged RR1L2 and you want to spend a realmskill point. You visit the trainer, but in the meantime, 7 days have past since you dinged 24 and you got the free level popup a few days ago. You click on the trainer and poof! ==> Braemar!

It's also an issue for people who enjoy (yes they exist, I know some) levelling the normal way, maybe to feel it was entirely their achievment or because they just like it. And for roleplayers it can be an issue too :)

We have to wait a few patches to be able to flag for free level. I think it was 1.73

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
I challenge anyone to find anything negative about this patch :) Although more can always be done (and will, apparently) this patch actually is one of the few that only make stuff easier and more balanced as far as i can see.

NEW FRONTIERS NOTES

- We have added several high level monster camps throughout the Frontiers zones so players can more easily find monsters to charm.

""""""""""""""""""
offcourse good to minstrell but again? compare how long hunters ask charmable mobs to hib/alb frontier in of, and how fast minstr got more pets added? :)

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
NEW FRONTIERS NOTES

- We have added several high level monster camps throughout the Frontiers zones so players can more easily find monsters to charm.

""""""""""""""""""
offcourse good to minstrell but again? compare how long hunters ask charmable mobs to hib/alb frontier in of, and how fast minstr got more pets added? :)
fellow gamers, the whine has begun, hurry get on the band wagon!!!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Jobil said:
fellow gamers, the whine has begun, hurry get on the band wagon!!!
Only an alb would say that. Idiot.:wanker:

Hunters are the only char in Mid with a charm spell, so how come we are limited to a level 41 unlike mincers, sorcs and their hib counterparts. Something thats been wrong since beta, so the band wagon as you call it is 3 years long.

Acetylsalicylic

Fledgling Freddie
Hopefully they won't be down very long as its such a good opportunity to download wow beta with all this free time and im sure goa/myself wouldn't want my agenda to 'wander' else where. Either way gl in a smooth patch update goa.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:

Hunters are the only char in Mid with a charm spell, so how come we are limited to a level 41 unlike mincers, sorcs and their hib counterparts. Something thats been wrong since beta, so the band wagon as you call it is 3 years long.

I thought that they were able to summon a pet? "Hunter's pet"?

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
insta cast pet > charm pet and lose instruments or cause the hassle of twisting

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

well you dont hear me bitching, moaning and crying about every little detail i disagree with in the game do you? baseline stun on chanters for one.
so whos the wanker exactly?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
old.Whoodoo said:

because thats how it was designed?

minstrels are meant to be an active pet charm class (who lose most of their abilities when charming), sorcs are a permanent yellow pet charm class (if specced high enough in mind), hunters can charm a lower level pet to assist them in combat if they spec in beastcraft.

heaven forbid we have any diversity in the game (mumbles about aoe stun ;))

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Daedalus said:
Yes, level 42.. doesnt compare to the ability to tame Battler (see VN boards) or any other 50+ nuking mob.

Jobil said:
well you dont hear me bitching, moaning and crying about every little detail i disagree with in the game do you? baseline stun on chanters for one.
so whos the wanker exactly?
You started the whine statement, and you just carried it on (insert one of many random :wanker: type words here). "QQ more" I think the term is :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
because thats how it was designed?

minstrels are meant to be an active pet charm class (who lose most of their abilities when charming), sorcs are a permanent yellow pet charm class (if specced high enough in mind), hunters can charm a lower level pet to assist them in combat if they spec in beastcraft.

heaven forbid we have any diversity in the game (mumbles about aoe stun ;))
True, without wanting to go here (oops, seems we have :p), mincers are renowned for having a few too many abilities (I know, I got one too :)), with safe fall, speed, stealth, insta stun, health regen, power regen, degree in origami, etc etc..

Typical example:

Your pet hits the Frost stallion for 20 damage!
The Frost Stallion nukes the crap out of your pet for 700 damage!
You loose control of your pet
Your pet has died.

Anyway, back to the thread....

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
mincers have 10000 things that they can't do all at once ;)

but it's more the "uberbuffed sicko pet" that's the problem.... charming wouldn't be so bad if you couldn't give your pets 90% absorb with some buffbot buffs...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
old.Whoodoo said:
Yes, level 42.. doesnt compare to the ability to tame Battler (see VN boards) or any other 50+ nuking mob.

taming battler - good way to die :D

"hey guys look this one is level sixtyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!"

that said a recast timer on the charm spell would stop the more silly high level charming - I think currently if you get a resist you just keep spamming the charm.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
mincers have 10000 things that they can't do all at once ;)

but it's more the "uberbuffed sicko pet" that's the problem.... charming wouldn't be so bad if you couldn't give your pets 90% absorb with some buffbot buffs...
Amen, and dont forget the self buffing pets like in Molvik..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom