Server timer after 1.85?

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
I'm slightly confused about the server relog timer and realm rolling after 1.85.

1) Is the 1 hour realm relog timer being removed after 1.85?

2) Are we going to be able to roll on any realm? E.G if we have 2 accounts with a Mid/Hib split on the accounts, are we going to now be able to roll on Alb giving access to all three realms on the accounts we already have?

Seems silly questions I know but there is some confusion with players ingame, giving me various answers to those questions when asked.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
your not the only one confused. i was expecting some knowledge from goa about what will happen regarding the issues you stated above, come 1.85.

come on goa, damnit, answer ! :p

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to bump this but does anyone know anything about this or are we all in the dark?

MaCaBr3

Banned
There is nothing in the european patch notes about this and the only thing I could find is on US 1.85b patch notes:

- Last week, we removed cross-realm log-in timers on the RP Cluster. We have taken this a step further and removed the cross-realm log-in timers from all clusters.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
playing on US i read the 1.85 patch notes and saw that they had removed the server log in timer. So you should be able to switch from alb excal to mid pryd for example with no waiting period.

As to being able to roll on another realm i have no idea about that aspect sry.

Maoixils - 24 theurg gareth
host of sleeping 50's on cluster

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
From playing on the classic cluster on US servers , i'm able to make an alb on Ector , then when i select say Lamorak , i can choose which realm to play instead of it defaulting to Alb .

Not sure how GOA are going to work it though

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
I'e noticed that Requiel is floating about, could he put some light on this subject?

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Servers are up and in answer to my own question

1) The 1 hour timer still appears to be in force.

2) No, i can't have three realms with two accounts.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
semanon said:

You can only roll one realm per server, so afaik you can never have access to all 3 realms on a 2-server cluster.

The question is, can those who have alb pryd/mid excali now reroll one of those to hib and still retain the other (in other words, not limited to 2 mid one excali and one pryd). i.e. reroll your alb pryd account so you now have hib pryd and mid excali?

Seen plenty of guff believing this was coming with 1.85, but zero proof so far. Anyone tried it?

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
semanon said:

realm timers are still there it seems, but with 2 accounts you can play 3 realms m8, acc1: mid&hib, acc2: hib&alb for example..

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
The realm choice restriction and the timer on changing realms is a separate operation to the 1.85 patch. We will have news regarding these changes on the official news site today. For the moment you are still limited in the same way as previously.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
im confused !!
i think the news say we can do it now, but i just tried, 59 minutes !!

bah sort it goa

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Aeris said:
im confused !!
i think the news say we can do it now, but i just tried, 59 minutes !!

bah sort it goa

Look at it like this :

In 1.85 Devs also got new toys aswell, so they are going to make it so we can have the choice to roll on all 3 realms on the cluster in the not so far future.

as for the 1 hour timer , that is there for a good reason, and dont have a problem with it myself.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i misread the news cos im stupid :p i also dont have a problem with the 1 hour timer, but id like to be able to create chars on different realms :p

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
this somethings thats being looked at? when i changed from alb/pryd to alb/excal last night i had no 1hour waiting time.

now i am getting a waiting time, and i notice you still cant make other alts on another server :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom