Server stability problems

O

old.Revz

I'm not talking lag or normal LD here, we've crashed zones on Prydwen twice now since the 1.48 patch and tonight everyone was getting over 90% packet loss during all the relic raiding. It made it nigh on impossible to do anything. It just isn't fun to have to play like that :eek: I've been under the normal "raid lag" many times and you accept that as part of having hundreds of people in the same place but this was something very different. And it was happening with a lot fewer people as well.

Our entire guild (that was fighting in the zone) crashed to desktop at the same time tonight outside Bledmeer. Not a LD just a progressively bad connection finally followed by a crash. Not good :mad:

Anything you can tell us about this Kemor? It is really worrying because the servers seem to be very dodgy at the moment.

Q

Quemine

They downgraded Prydwen server to an old 386 with Win 3.1 with the new patch so don't expect stable RvR for a while... :)

K

kain_pravus

Nah Kemor bought my old Spectrum +2 (with tape drive) from me, said something like "that will teach the damn english" as he walked away laughing..... Ok it's late *bows head in shame*

But I've had game crashs before, It seem to be getting alot worse after the patch plus when the server goes doolally instead of the usual LD, all seems fine untill strange things happen like invisible mobs, inability to enter combat mode followed by LD :(

Hope the new mini patch helps, but I would like some info on whats happening.

S

SFXman

Lately I have had extremely bad PL which is very uncommon...

EDIT: Ugh... now I tested it...

Last Response Time: 66 ms

Highest Response Time: 98 ms
Lowest Response Time: 61 ms
Average Response Time: 66 ms

Total Number of Packets Sent: 10

Dropped/Lost Packets 0
Dropped/Lost Packets %: 0 %

K

Khalen

If you do a test just a mere 10 packages ain't really a test... But the servers do indeed lag a bit.

S

SFXman

Yeah well I just wanted to test right after the reply I made... sure I could run 1,000 tests but usually even they would come out the same.

M

matax

And we've had server crashes 3 nights in a row now !

Prepare to die at least once a night - if your (very) lucky it won't be an XP death :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom