Server Settings

I

iggy^

As there seems to be a varying opinions on the net settings for the servers on league day, here is a poll that people can vote for which settings best suited them.

Remember, if you dont vote, don't complain later :)

G

g1mp

grrrrrrrrrrr

week 3 was a defo no no although uk didnt play with week 4 setting s ive seen the comeback from these settings and they seem better then that dreaded 3rd week, dunno wether tho this was as we were all forced to use snaps 30

I

iggy^

Likelyhood would be if it was the week 3 settings that we would relax the snaps limit ie you could play with 40 or 60 which I know most play with.

K

kierz

personally id try out:
12k rate, uncapped snaps, sv_fps 30, 60 maxpackets max
otherwise week3

N

NYMAvs

I vote fps 30 and mp 100 but I can understand you will do fps25 for the isdners who are still there, but mp 60 is a joke

J

jazka

mmm

/me vote week 3

sv_fps 30 > sv_fps 25 for sure
and mp60 is really silly for ppl using mp100 usualy, aim utterly fucked.

S

Skutter

(Week 4) 12k rate, uncapped snaps, sv_fps 25, 100 maxpackets max

A server min packet setting wouldn't go amiss either tbh ...

N

NitroSniper

Choose Week 4

Vote Week 4 or isdn'ers are totally buggered :(

-SnipeZ

Z

zyphr

(Week 3) 12k rate, uncapped snaps, sv_fps 30, 100 maxpackets max :)

That was about the 1st time in a very long time the servers felt great,
normally it really feels bad especially for movement ....

G

g1mp

idd skut

thk he was thinkin more like mp min above 30 i'd have to agree

L

Lashknife

w2
i always play at rate 12k, mp 60 and snaps 40

works fine for me

J

jazka

erf

how can u have a real opinion knowing only 1 way? :hat:

like isdners voting sv_fps 25... is that "really" effective? and ther's so much isdners playing on bw or all 10 ppl is the total of them @ bw? :D

anyway i think when we think 'global' settings, something playable for everybody, perfect for the most and not being weird for everybody..., week 3 is the better way :great:

S

Swift^

There are so few ISDNers - it's silly.

I don't mean to be unfair in the eyes of some, or even rude - it's been said before - but there really is no point countering the settings so they're great for ISDN and utterly ruined for 95% of the rest of the players. It'd be like setting the league up so it's ideal for 56kers 18 months ago - silly, pointless, and only helps the very small minority.

Week 3 or 4 would be good, week 4 was better - but can you guys please try and find a way of sorting out the dropped sounds? They've been REALLY bad the last couple of weeks and caused major gameplay problems (such as not hearing the enemy have your flag for most the game).

N

NitroSniper

BW for all!

You can't compare a problem with 56k'ers 18 months ago to this problem, For some people the highest connection speed they can get is ISDN cause there not in a dsl or cable region. I dont think we should discriminate by pretending ISDN'ers dont exist and have all the settings just for "broadband" players. BW Server settings should be set to allow everyone to play without lag. I'd hapily sacrafice a little performance to allow our ISDN friends to play alongside. :clap:

-SnipeZ :m00:

L

Lashknife

Re: erf

Originally posted by jazka
how can u have a real opinion knowing only 1 way? :hat:
should have said "always" = "normally", cause i tested on ctfpickup.euro games :)
pickupservers aren't bw-servers, but hey, where else to test huh :)

Users who are viewing this thread