server population balancing?

O

old.Locksmith

It will probably be impossible but the realm population is a bit unfair at the moment on both prydwen and excalibur servers.

Prydwen has tons of midgaards online all the time, hibernia has around 100-200 online at a time (mostly around 100, only 200 in weekends) and albion is inbetween.

Excalibur has around 700-900 albions online at a time, a lot less hibernians and midgaard is inbetween.

so if you think of starting a new character in albion please choose prydwen server.

new char in midgaard, please choose excalibur.

new char in hibernia, well any server will be good but i think prydwen will need you most.

this post will probably not change a thing but maybe a few people will follow the advice and that is good enough for me.

would be best if all 3 realms on both servers had the same amount of people and the same average lvl :)

O

old.Stix

2 points.

1. On excal, I think mid and hib are tied, maybe with hib having marginally more players. Alb is like 50% of the server lol

2. You play a cabalist. Wow! :)

P

Pfy

Originally posted by Stix
2. You play a cabalist. Wow! :)

Heh, that big stony thing has saved numerous lives many a time ... which is surprising ;D

D

Danya

I think your numbers are skewed. I /who'd prydwen/hib last night at about 9 pm and there were over 300 people non-anon...

O

old.ElDiablo

Originally posted by Dannyn
I think your numbers are skewed. I /who'd prydwen/hib last night at about 9 pm and there were over 300 people non-anon...

i did a /who on pryd/hib at about 14.00 yesterday about 90 players online

T

Tasans

I did a /who in pry/hib at 6 am and there were 11 players online :D
Talk about getting a group there :)

K

Keri

so if you think of starting a new character in albion please choose prydwen server.

new char in midgaard, please choose excalibur.

new char in hibernia, well any server will be good but i think prydwen will need you most.

The problem is, with only two English-language servers, we can only start new characters on the only server available to us. I have my main character in Hibernia on Excalibur, therefore if I wanted to start a Midgard character, it would have to be on Prydwen.

BUT .... Something I saw last night made me think that our server population could be about to increase. I travelled from Innis to Ligen, and when changing horses at Tir na mBeo, I passed two characters who were conversing in French! Now if we can persuade some of the German-speaking players to come over to the English-language servers as well, our server population might increase enough to warrant a third server. :p

O

old.Lianuchta

I think Pryd/Hib is increasing in size. Last night we had 320+ non /anon people online at about 9pm, and we had fair amount of people at the Bolg and Crimthain retakes.

I do think that Hib/Pryd is mainly a peaktime server (that's when I am online :p ), as most people who started at the same time as me, are not at the same level as me. Very few powergamers.

Think we are getting a lot of Excal/Alb alts at the moment. My alts are on Excal/Alb... sorry...

X

Xtro

MIDGARD NOT MIDGAARD

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

(head explodes)

O

old.DAoC daCruz

Prydwen:

Albs and Mids haven almost tied situation, BUT lots of Mids will or already quit the game.

Hibs, would definatly love to see more of em, they still have lowest population.

Well the game lacks on high Level Content and we didnt get anything good/interesting with 1.48. So that means we have to wait for 1.49 ( Epic Armor and Darkness Falls ) BUT hell GOA needs ages to translate this Version.

= loads of ppl will leave the game !

Cruz Mizzile
Troll Skald
<Nemesis>

T

[TNN]Aardvark

Definately midgard not midgaard. Doesn't beep me in irc for one thing... :D

O

old.Locksmith

MIDGARD NOT MIDGAARD

LOL :)

sorry i am danish and in danish midgard is midgård and å = aa if it is not a danish keyboard.

but i will try to remember :)

A

Addlcove

Xtro an besies Midgaard is the correct way of typing it, it is taken from the norse mythology after all, and I dare say that all countries who at one time believed in Valhalla and the Asa spelled id midgaard, even if you translate the runes it says midgaard (or the word that would equal that name)

for people unknowing of the norse mythology

Midgaard is a double word

mid = middle
gaard = yard (an area :))

this was the center world of the norse mythology where humans lived

Asgaard was the place where the Gods lived and feasted in Valhalla (and also all the men died in battle)

Jotunheim was the home of "jætterne" (no idea about the english name) and the place where Hel was (the place where all men who did NOT die in battle went)

so technically midgaard is the correct spelling and Mythic had it wrong.

Oh I´m a dane btw :)

F

fatgit

Originally posted by Xrot
MIDGARD NOT MIDGAARD

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

(head explodes)

Prydwen not Pridwen (even GoA get it wrong :p)

From what I've seen, yes Hibs have a lower population, but they seem to be levelling fine and getting pretty strong :)

O

old.willowywicca

Yup we in hib/pry have been having a hard time tilll recently, now we finally have a reasonable number of ppl around40+ and our first lvl50 a while back. So we should be making a stronger rvr presence soon, those midgards are doomed, only thing they got going is their lvls and they can't go up anymore whle we can => victory for hibs hehe j/k

T

tilde

Excalibur usually has around 2200players online

When i do /who all -> approx 800ppl

Of course many are anon, but thats the same in other realms - and hibs can show up in large numbers in Emain, aswell mids but with more lower levels(no offense).

Just pure facts, no flame etc

O

old.Stix

Eleasias conclusively showed that Albion is roughly 50% of excal, because he had two accounts and was able to do a /who mid, /who hib, and look at the overall server population.

He has done this twice, I believe.

Maybe he or Eblessair or someone can do it again?

F

Fafnir

Midgård

Mid = Middle
gård, gaard = Area, yard, earth

Midgård is in the middle of the world in norse mythology, the land of man, hence the name Middle Earth. And is connected to Asgård by the rainbow bridge Bifrost guarded by Heimdall.

Earthquakes comes from that Loke is imprisoned and having a snake over him that drops venom down on his chest, but his wife stands with a bowl, and collecting the poison, but when she empties the bowl, some drops hits loke in the chest and he convulse in pain, and the world shudders. This is the punishment that Loke got from causing the death of Balder, by usin the only thing in the world that had not promised to hurt Balder, it was a mistel, and Loke used it to make and arrow and got Balders brother Hoder to fire the arrow at Balder.

I learned in school that names should never be translated.

A

Addlcove

yeah lets make a norse mythology class ;), actually Fafnir you just gave me a good idea, usually when Im grouping I use downtime to tell stories in (marneus and polemides loves me for it I am sure :))

but resently I´ve been running out, maybe I should tell myths from the old norse mythology instead ;)

thanks mate :)

F

Flimgoblin

It being Dark Age of Camelot (and not Dark Age of Jordheim or 'Viking Invasions' or 'Cuchulainn's Army' - what else would you call a hibby game? :))

a lot of people go to the albion side on buying the game...

question is - how many more of these get to a decent RvR level than in the other realms? does having many more newbies directly translate into more force in RvR?

or do most of these 'albion-by-default' people not get there?

Working out that 50% of a server is albion is a nice statistic - whether it's relevant or not is moot.

It'd be nice to see what percentage of a server is between the levels of 30-50 (break it into 5 level bands :) 30-35 35-40 etc.) - would show us how many of those 50% albioners actually get somewhere.

O

old.Okies Kayy

if another realm out number you does that mean that your realm is weak? Not in my eyes i'd see it as a challenge and something to aim towards.What could be more satisfying that taking a keep from a realm that outnumbers you 2-1 even if they take it back easily live for the moment its a game and enjoy it.

H

Hufner

Just felt the need to comment on the discussions on norse mythology...
It might be true that danes and swedes today write Midgård, but Midgard is what norwegians call it - in icelandic it's Miðgarð. So, who's right? ;)
Oh, and Jotunheim is the land of the giants/jots.
Helheim is the land of Hel - the land of eternal winter, the norse hell...

O

old.Okies Kayy

however its said still means the same thing big ugly things that kick your butt.:)

A

Addlcove

Hufner, when taught to danish school kids we are told that Hel lies within jotunheim, oh and I think most people today write Midgaard, at least in denmark, its a name Like aalborg (a city) and shouldnt be spelled with a å :)

H

Hufner

As stated in my post, what danes and swedes say today is one matter - Midgard is a correct spelling of what you call Midgård.
At least if you read icelandic or norwegian ;)

Helheim is an underground realm, not linked to Jotunheim in any direct manner.

For all you curious people out there, have fun with this little game.

Doh,my bad... Choose the Journey to Helheim...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom