rawr

Fledgling Freddie
===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.83a Release Notes
Untitled
March 16, 2006

===================================

"- All /ASEND, /OSEND and /GSEND messages will now report player name-server name combinations."
Perhaps this was overlooked (was so by me atleast), but this is actually proving very annoying.
I play on the Excalibur server mainly and I am finding it annoying to see everyone on these channels with their server name at the end.
'/rpfilter Excalibur E' or 'Prydwen P' are possible solutions, but this still annoying.

Does anyone know of any solutions to get rid of the server names of people on your own server (at least in the chat channels), I don't need to be reminded constantly that my character is on the Excalibur server. Knowing about the server names that players play on is useful, having the server name for people of your own server is just unnecessary and proving very annoying.
Of course it has its uses for removing people from guilds etc, but I honestly feel that displaying your own server is pointless.
Also please inform me if there is a future hotfix for this as I am unaware of it :p

I'm sure someone will jump in with 'just ignore it' or something similar, if I could I would, but it is just plain annoying; I preferred how it was before.

I would actually prefer to turn the whole server names off apart from /who, rather than this and I'm sure I can't be alone in how I feel ;)

If you still don't see what I mean I'll give 2 versions:

Before (Excal POV)
[Guild] Player1: "Hi"
[Guild] Player2: "Hey!"
[Guild] Player3-Prydwen: "Noobs"
[Alliance] Player4: "OMG IT'S IN MY EYE LOL"
After
[Guild] Player1-Excalibur: "Hi"
[Guild] Player2-Excalibur: "Hey!"
[Guild] Player3-Prydwen: "Noobs"
[Alliance] Player4-Excalibur: "OMG IT'S IN MY EYE LOL"

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
agree, very annoying and very pointless

Battleboobs

Fledgling Freddie
i know it sux :<
its almost same on camlann but instead it is

[Guild] Player1-Camlann: "Hi"
[Guild] You Say: "Hey!"
[Guild] Player2-Camlann: "Noobs"

i hope the do something about this soon

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
What's even worse, is that when you join a BG for a tower take, or keep take etc. and you're a healer some one says in bg: 'Mr xxx: rezz plz'.

Now if you can't target them you type to target, and therefore the realm suffix becomes of use, as you coule tell which realm and save you typing twice - but oh no, it doesn't work in BG's apparently. What a useless pile of shit.

The one place it's useful, it doesn't work. Somehow I'm not surprised. :kissit: :kissit:

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
but then when people are talking about something concerning the servers you'll get a nice -

player1: we are in volcanus/-
player2: do you mean - or -
player1: i said - didnt i?

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Known bug, looking into it with Mythic to get it hotfixed asap. Keep an eye on the news for more information abut this.

rawr

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
Known bug, looking into it with Mythic to get it hotfixed asap. Keep an eye on the news for more information abut this.
Thank you! :D

:worthy:

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
I just used

/rpfilter Excalibur E
/rpfilter Prydwen P

still shows where people are from, but alot shorter :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
/rpfilter -Excalibur -E
/rpfilter -Prydwen -P

i.e. include the - in the filter, that way it only works on the guild line bits.

Hooly

Fledgling Freddie
Try use /rpfilter on server Glastonbury ......

And you get the message that RpFilter cant be used to replace words that are shoter than 10 characters ....

Kinda sux :twak:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
/rpfilter -Excalibur -E
/rpfilter -Prydwen -P

i.e. include the - in the filter, that way it only works on the guild line bits.

Hmm, tried that, and nothing happened. No changes

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom