server maintenance

O

old.Tohtori

Yeah, sound buggered true dat.

By the way, what's the time GMT?

O

old.Tohtori

Ah thanks. No worries then...unless servers go pop...and we all know that when GOA say they are down for 2h they -are- down for 2h.

What? They are...honest. :D

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by torcuil
BST = GMT. Or rather, CET=GMT+1.

BST = GMT +1

CET = BST +1 (currently)

But then as soon as summertime ends there will be no BST and UK time will be GMT again. Then CET will be GMT +1

Confused ? You will be after the next episode of Soap.

V

Vell

BST is the current time in England. British Summer Time. So right now is 13:22BST.

It's 12:22 GMT, and 14:22 CET.

It really annoys me when people get it wrong :p

A

aphid

Wow, I don't believe it some people actually understand the concept of BST and GMT. It seems that most people actually believe BST = GMT and quote GMT for UK time all year round, it drives me nuts.

H

HargloweHyfryd

I think that CET is CET al year around, even though we're on summer-time now.
So it isn't that strange that people think GMT is GMT regardless of summertime or not.

G

godezz

I just hate the fact that the french servers are up now....

O

old.Dorac

Originally posted by HargloweHyfryd
I think that CET is CET al year around, even though we're on summer-time now.
So it isn't that strange that people think GMT is GMT regardless of summertime or not.
CET (Central Europe Time, GMT+1) is CEST (Central Europe Summer Time, GMT+2) during summer, so everything's messed up, just ignore it.

;)

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Vell
BST is the current time in England. British Summer Time. So right now is 13:22BST.

It's 12:22 GMT, and 14:22 CET.

It really annoys me when people get it wrong :p

well cet = gmt+1 :p
ceSt = bst+1 and cest = gmt+2 ;)

cet is the winter time of central europe just like gmt is off the great britain. cest is our summer time, central europe summer time iirc:p.

Anyway no one bothers with the s part in cest just like most ppl dont bother saying bst.

V

Vell

Yes, CET is always CET. However, the europeans are currently running on CEST, which is not CET.

S

ssera

Originally posted by godezz
I just hate the fact that the french servers are up now....

oh no! the french get to play the game for an extra 15mins!!! Someone call the police!

T

torcuil

And on Exalibur, Gwulla, Midgard's medallion merchant in Svasud Faste, has been heard speaking in tongues. (French, that is.)

And I can still not get into the Battlegrounds with my level 29 char.

What gives?

D

Driwen

Originally posted by torcuil
And on Exalibur, Gwulla, Midgard's medallion merchant in Svasud Faste, has been heard speaking in tongues. (French, that is.)

And I can still not get into the Battlegrounds with my level 29 char.

What gives?

the medallion merchant mess up in patching and bg2 is closed because of the campaign. The campaign fight that it is closed for hasnt happened yet so why would it now be open?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom