Server Maintenance 25-11-2008

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Hey all!

News will go up any minute now. Just wanted to give you a (very short) heads up on this:
WAR Europe Website said:
We are bringing all servers down at 19:00 CET for an urgent maintenance to resolve a stability issue which was just found and corrected by Mythic. We expect that the servers will be down for approximately one hour.

We apologise for the very short notice and for any inconvenience and to reflect this disruption to your play time, we will credit all accounts with a free day of gametime.

We will naturally keep you informed of the progress of this maintenance.

We realize that for our European players this means a downtime in the absolute middle of prime time and we wouldn't do this unless it was a critical problem that we need to correct.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
great timing...I just had one hour free time starting...now :(
Ah well, no luck today then :p
I'm glad the information came rather quickly (as it's never easy to communicate when an urgent downtime is in order) especially as I was just wondering why I couldn't log in :p

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I think its very decent of GOA to hand out a free day for that.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
I think its very decent of GOA to hand out a free day for that.
one free day omgz, i applaud goa but try to forget the games been buged since day one and several thousand players have had to pay for a month subscription even though they canceled. /sarcasm

NicGOA

Update: The maintenance is progressing as expected and servers are now back up internally for testing purposes.

We still expect to open the servers again around 20:00 CET

NicGOA

The servers are back up.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience.

Enjoy the game!

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the updates Nic and especially the free day.

Can you write to me with confirmation of the free day and I'll try it on my boss at work, try and rinse a day off out of him. Make it all official like.. :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Didn't fix people being able to GTAE focus keep lords from the floor below through the ceiling though sadly. :( That was massively abused tonight to help lockdown both Praag and Chaos Wastes in about an hour on K8P, I had hoped Mythic had learned from that coding mistake in DAoC 5 years ago.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Mythic need real players in QA. How they dont see the possible abuses of some skills is beyond me.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Didn't fix people being able to GTAE focus keep lords from the floor below through the ceiling though sadly. :( That was massively abused tonight to help lockdown both Praag and Chaos Wastes in about an hour on K8P, I had hoped Mythic had learned from that coding mistake in DAoC 5 years ago.

You mean pulling the Lord down to the bottom floor? I was at both Praag and Chaos Wastes for the entire duration and it didn't happen in Praag at all, the raids were completely legit aside from the usual AoE'ing through the doors (from both sides ;)), it didn't happen in the northern Chaos Wastes keep either, it did happen in the southern keep though but I don't think it was intentional. We were on the bottom floor and Destruction were camping the Lord room, and suddenly the Lord was in the middle of the lower floor attacking us.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Nice work on the free day but kinda crappy timing :p was just about to Ding, server goes down, comes back up and I lost half a bar of XP and the quests I had finished were not complete again, so had to do 3 quests again in that lame ass dwarf place (Cinderfall, the 2/3 quests chains inside the mines at the orc camp, crappy place! :( )

Nevermind free playtime is a nice compensator

dee777

Loyal Freddie
one free day omgz, i applaud goa but try to forget the games been buged since day one and several thousand players have had to pay for a month subscription even though they canceled. /sarcasm

I wonder if anything GOA does could make you happy...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
You mean pulling the Lord down to the bottom floor? I was at both Praag and Chaos Wastes for the entire duration and it didn't happen in Praag at all, the raids were completely legit aside from the usual AoE'ing through the doors (from both sides ;)), it didn't happen in the northern Chaos Wastes keep either, it did happen in the southern keep though but I don't think it was intentional. We were on the bottom floor and Destruction were camping the Lord room, and suddenly the Lord was in the middle of the lower floor attacking us.

Don't ask me how they managed it as I have no idea but some BW's were using GTAE through the ceilings last night. Plenty of people witnessed it.

As for the AoE'ing though the doors, of course both sides use it because if one side didn't then the keep raid would effectively be over in 5 minutes. Until Mythic remove it from the game it remains a vaild tactic because it is available to both attacker and defender at the doors which is fair enough. GTAE'ing through the ceiling is only available to the attacker though and Mythic never intended the Lord to be killed from downstairs.

You lost in the end anyway, we got just enough people out defending which was suprising considering the time but it was a good effort from us.

I am not slamming Order btw, it was a very well organised nights oRvR from you guys and to have so many people commited to getting into IC at that time of the morning was very impressive. I just wish Mythic would sort these bugs out so anyone who gets to the cities gets there without any controversy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom