Server List For Head Start

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Apologies if there's a thread on this elsewhere, I did a quick skim of the last few pages of threads and didn't find anything directly on this subject. I admit I've not been able to have as much coffee as normal today and I'm suffering withdrawl a bit.

I'm glad the server list has been published but I've got a minor concern or two. Primarily because it doesn't really help that the server list is up in any practical terms because of one key line on the server list announcement:

"Also, please note that these are the servers planned for launch – some of these will not be available during Head Start."

I've been arranging with a few guilds to agree a server to land on, but we have a fair number of people with the various flavours of Head Start and we have a meeting tonight to agree which server it will be. This one line in the GOA announcement makes my life somewhat harder.

If the full server list is not available at Head Start, then realistically Head Start servers are going to fill up pretty darned fast, leaving a very real chance that friends without any Head Start access are going to be left to play on other servers, or people that played in Head Start losing all benefit of the extra days play and having to shift server.

I'd appreciate some clarification on which servers will actually be available for Head Start as without that info its very difficult to make an informed decision. For example, is the Core ruleset server list included in its entirety for Head Start and the more 'niche' servers are the ones that won't be fully available, or is it an across-the-board style afair where some servers of each type are not available. In which case, how about letting us know today which servers are going to be available at Head Start please.

My preference of course is for all servers of all types to become available so that population will naturally spread out more evenly rather than being crammed as I forsee a few very cheesed off friends logging into the game on the 18th to find they cannot be with their buddies after many months of coordinating and planning.

If there's been some subsequent clarification that I've missed then apologies for taking up people's time. Any info that makes our meeting tonight easier is appreciated :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Completely agree, guilds need this information to plan both internally and across alliances otherwise it is likely to make the already short CE headstart even less useful if guilds have to move around to avoid queues and find their allies.

There was a post by IainC some time ago which stated all servers would be available at headstart - perhaps he meant all core servers - but with timings and information changing without notice it is virtually impossible to plan anything.

Darac

Fledgling Freddie
I would suggest coming up with a priority list of servers during your meeting. If the top priority server is not available on the 14th then go with the second in the list and so on. I don't imagine you would need a list of more than three servers.

Just an idea :) It would be ideal if GOA would confirm the HS servers though.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Aye, we're probably going to have plans A,B & C but I know from previous experience (ie WoW) that anything other than "Log in to Server X" becomes problematic.

And as said, I'm worried that some of our friends who aren't joining until full retail will be faced with a population-capped server in which case we have some very hard (and annoying) choices to make.

rynnor

Rockhound
I am still trying to get the official word on this from GOA - in the meantime if I had to guess I might suggest that the beta servers would be obvious candidates for early start servers - I could be wrong but theres a certain logic to it :)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I really hope they have all live servers available for headstart to avoid population problems.

Mythic are sticking to their guns on this, so I assume GOA will do the same :(

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
I'd like to know if they have decided which will be RP server(s) for English-speaking Europeans.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Bet you goin destruction,cause you are afraind i'm gonna steal your hosses... :p

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
There you go:

We gave you the list of launch servers a few days ago however we will not have all servers available for the Headstart. Here then is the list of available English servers:

Core
Axe Bite Pass
Karag Dron
Karag Orrud
Karak Eight Peaks
Karak Azgal
Karak Hirn

Core Roleplay
Burlok

Open RvR
Dragonback Mountains
Eltharion
Finuval Plain

Open RvR Roleplay
Alarielle

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
<hugs Fafnir>

Have all the hosses you want matey, great if you turn up :)

It was a bit 11th hour, but cheers to the peeps that managed to make the initial server list appear, I so appreciate those that were pushing gently behind the scenes. We were about 2/3 of the way through our meeting on TS when it popped up. Things changed a bit a few times in the furor of postings and such in the wake but we finally got something agreed.

I know there are still a few gripes here and there but in the end it made my evening easier.

Bring on the WAR!

I am very, very excited, despite any bumps in the road :)

Old Nicodemus

Loyal Freddie
<ties a few rocks to Roo's feet to stop him floating off>

Yup, he's happy.. and dosed up on coffee....

SilverHood

FH is my second home
All in all, a dumb decision to not have all servers available for head start.

What will happen is that 1-2 people from every guild playing other games will start on one of the few head start servers. Once retail goes live, their friends will join them, creating big population imbalances.

I could spot this a mile away. Why couldn't someone at GOA?

Robot

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I was thinking the same thing silverhood. It seems crazy to do what there proposing.

Old Nicodemus

Loyal Freddie
Because GOA are too busy trying to soothe red raw backsides after thier spanking over Open Beta to actually think straight.. although I think this may come more from Mythic/EA than from GOA, as it smacks of a sound firm decision rather than the Gordon Brown dithering we get from GOA.

Stoney

Fledgling Freddie
All in all, a dumb decision to not have all servers available for head start.

What will happen is that 1-2 people from every guild playing other games will start on one of the few head start servers. Once retail goes live, their friends will join them, creating big population imbalances.

I could spot this a mile away. Why couldn't someone at GOA?

I dont want to say.... for fear of getting GOA'ed (nasty thing).

Im in the headstart... so is a friend... I have two more friends starting after the headstart... so they will have to (will want to) join our server...

What worries me most is that is may be Pop capped? then what? sigh... nothing is ever simple.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom