server issues (relic raid)

O

old.chipper

this is gettin rediculous now
mass LD's
game crashin out
zone crashes

wtf is goin on with the servers relic raid tonight was pathetic cos no one could move and when zone crash well kinda gave it away a little what was happenin
cant imagine what it was like for mids tryin to get in and defend :/

when are goa gonna deal with the fuk wits runnin the server and tell em to sort it or get better equipment as it stands relic raids or other mass events are near on impossible at peak times

this is not why we pay a subscription hell u lag soon as u get near 3fg and on adsl or higher that shouldnt happen but as usual nothing will get done and we will get fed more bullshit

/whine out

S

StormriderX

we will continue to put up with substandard and below par service...why? Because there is nothing better on the market at the moment...

K

katani

yup servers are fooked i lost 33g when i released ? dunno where it went, somewhere between bg1 and sauv. Then the mass ld's started. nice to be left with only 3 silver.

E

elbeek

Sub standard....lol...don't beat around the bush, its crap. GOA/Mythic/Wanadoo, please sort your shit out.

K

kameh

Originally posted by old.chipper
this is gettin rediculous now
mass LD's
game crashin out
zone crashes

wtf is goin on with the servers relic raid tonight was pathetic cos no one could move and when zone crash well kinda gave it away a little what was happenin
cant imagine what it was like for mids tryin to get in and defend :/
/whine out

Never had any problems myself, laggy at grallarhorn but that's expected with that many people.

well I did get 1 blue screen, kinda use to that now though :)

S

shilak

Dont think any of the middie zones actually crashed, there were a few episodes of mass LD but those have been happening on and off since the new year :(

O

old.Glendower

and again

I posted something similar in the main General thread.

This is total crap.

I say we all keep bombarding mythic with email about how much GOA sucks and how we hope they will get someone else to run it.

No, advertising in the UK, crappy tech ability, shiitty server maintenance..... blech

K

kameh

Re: and again

Originally posted by old.Glendower
I say we all keep bombarding mythic with email about how much GOA sucks and how we hope they will get someone else to run it.

No, advertising in the UK, crappy tech ability, shiitty server maintenance..... blech

Wont do any good, mythic dont want anything to do with the UK. Although they're much more polite about saying it than GOA "U who K ? sorry ve have engleesh server?"

A

Archeon

i think they protray all british people as little doggys, who's sole purpose in life is to bolster the size of their standing army <cough tony blair </cough>

So the idea that we arn't is just offensive to them, hence we get the second hand reject server they used back when DAoC was three lines of code and a paper napkin

Witisism's aside, if the service provider is screwing up there isn't much Goa can do about it. Yeah they can complain, but we complaint all the time and nobody listens to us :)

C

censi

Chaps I hate GOA as much as the next man but dont blame them for this...

1) GOA will set the hardwarre platform up to a recomended specification provided by Mythic. (and hardware isnt the problem)
2) GOA will install mythic patches on these servers (though they do perform translation)
3) the main cause of the Lag is the crappy game engine.
4) the crappy wanado gateways onto the P.I dont help.

5) I would luv to know how this game really works inside and out....

S

StormriderX

Mythic won't be much help cause their concern for customer satisfaction is precisely zilch. Their attitude is "don't like? don't play". They have been in the comfort zone for far too long due to lack of decent competition. Maybe they will pull their finger from their arses when next batch of mmrpgs are released.

O

old.Glendower

arf

Well, censi, seems to me number 4 IS a hardware issue, and GOA has some responsibility along there.

And if we dont bitch, then they will all just assume things are fine and dandy. Went this round with EQ, and beleive me, you bitch long and hard enough, it has impact. At least in that the competition spies out the complaints and says: "Hey! These guys have a valid gripe and it would be easy for us to capitalize on it!"

So it at least helps form the next generation of games.

Users who are viewing this thread