server downtime

B

bigfoot

We are changing over the configuration of the BF1942 servers so that the head cheeses (adams and Scooba) can setup & tweak the servers themselves. During this process the servers may be offline at times, it should all be sorted out in a day or two but hopefully much sooner :D .

A

adams901

Server Configs,

I have just set-up the servers with the following configs...

Map Rotation
Server One FF
Coral_sea
El_Alamein
Iwo_Jima
Gazala
Market_Garden
Midway
Wake
Kharkov
GuadalCanal
Battleaxe
Battle_of_the_Bulge
Kursk
Bocage

Server Two
In reverse Order

Server Three FF
Anzio
Baytown
Cassino
Husky
Salerno
Santo_Croce

Server Four
Reverse Order

All servers have the following settings
Auto Balance Teams= OFF
Game Start Delay = 10s
Name Tag Distance = 50
Name Tag Distance Scope = 300
Number of Rounds = 2
Time Limit per round = 20m
Spawn delay = 3s
Spawn Wave Time = 10s
Ticket Ratio = 100%

if anyone wants maps added/removed or settings changed then let me know.

D

Deadmanwalking

Right well if u put CTF servers up ill come and chop off ur bollocks and feed em to Scoob.. so dont :)

DC server would be nice i havent managed to talk to server bods yet but as its an Alpha release id hazard a guess its a no =/

We will see

A

adslrizla

Ahhh god - if Coral Sea is in there then please change it to one round per map?

Edit - in fact change it to one round/map anyway. We hardly ever see some of the maps.

G

Gumbo

Can you also turn the auto balance teams off, as if the teams are too unbalanced I'm sure we can sort it out, and it is extremely annoying when you get auto swapped four or five times in a round.

A

adams901

Currently its 2 rounds a map, but if you guys prefer 1 it can always be changed.

C

Clowneh!

one round a map, cuz u hardly see anyone change teams anyway at the change-over...

and auto balance teams is wank.
WANK!

please :)

A

adams901

All servers are now up and running, and you will be pleased to know they all have a different map rotation.

A

adslrizla

Well done that man.

/me gives up trying to get RSA SecurID server to work and goes to take a look

A

adslrizla

Having said that I can't see anything other than one RtR server, nat's test server and the two bookables :(

So I went and played on nat's test server - Christ if anything could make you sub then playing on a public server like that will do it. All the usual shite - plane camping, shooting players that got to the planes, etc etc etc.

Shite basically - pings were OK though nat.

A

adams901

all servers have been restarted with auto balance turned off.

A

adslrizla

I can see 1 & 2 now but they weren't there earlier so I went off to the bookables where some of the AG guys were having a game..

A

adams901

not sure what was wrong with them, so I created each server its own config file and restarted them.

A

adslrizla

No problems - shit happens mate. If we can get a decent rotation on the publics then it's worth it.

As an aside - do you have "booking diary" like access? ie you can set the server to restart at a certain time with a certain rotation like you can on barryservers? If so then please say so because mebbe that way we can all work out a timetable where there's a "small map" rotation at quiet times and then "big maps" at (hopefully) busier times. We did this on our Barryserver last year for MoHAA and it worked out pretty well. There seems to be a few third party maps coming out too that you, Scooba, Jase and nat could mebbe start taking a look at?

Whatever - this is a step in the right direction

:clap: :clap: :clap:

A

adams901

all BW public servers restart at 6am I think, which is probally the best time as thats when the least people will be effected(when we pickup in numbers that is)

S

Scooba Da Bass

If you wanna point us in the direction of user maps we can give them a try, if their not hellish I'm sure we can stick them on the ftp for users. Possibly a 'new maps' night could be done.

E

Embattle

Shame that the RTR maps can't currently be rotated into the standard ones, as far as I know :(

A

adslrizla

Well The Modding Theatre is generally a good source. Have a prod around here - not much there yet though. Also try here - I haven't tried any of them yet (didn't see any point before the bookables arrived).

A

adams901

Originally posted by Embattle
Shame that the RTR maps can't currently be rotated into the standard ones, as far as I know :(

Standard Maps can be Rotated into RtR, wether it works or not I dont know ;).

Only issue here is not everyone has RtR and so will be kicked when they reach a RtR map

E

Embattle

I think most of us do and it would be nice if one server could be used and we play it every so often....just to shake up the mix a little, naturally only if it is possible to do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom