Server down!

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
Lmao apparently they been suffering with connection problems and such liek due to a router :D hope its fixed soon. although as for the SERVER message i saw it coudlnt /send my m8 goodbye as i got disconected so im guessing its not a small problem:p they have.....

leviathane

Part of the furniture
/send skelthor Ciao mate, server being shut down immediatly xD

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
a message at the game status

Atm the game is FUBAR... only with some unknown force i keep playint ...
strangely enough the other servers dont seem to get affected....

Reardon

Fledgling Freddie
[15-11-2005] Emergency Shutdown of the English Cluster

For technical reasons it has become necessary to shutdown the Prydwen-Excalibur cluster. Since the server restarted a little while ago we have recieved various reports of issues with player guilds and so we have closed the server to prevent any possibility for further problems.
We are sorry for the inconvenience and we will of course keep you informed of developments as they happen.

hmm database corruption?

leviathane

Part of the furniture
time to go have a shave, nothing else to actually do heh, with any luck servers will be back up when im back.

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
/send leviathane........................You have been disconected bye bye flyguy lmao

hope its not a serrious serrious problem ie database corruption AGAIN

funny though 2 minutes prior to that i was moveing stuff out my vault and then couldnt move anything in or out or move from vualt to charecter..

I TEH CRASHED TO SERVoR...
man my attempt at leet speach is shite at best:p:twak:

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
Damnnationx said:
I TEH CRASHED TO SERVoR...
man my attempt at leet speach is shite at best:p:twak:
do the wave
:bazbeer: xD

leviathane

Part of the furniture
lol server still not up.

/send Skelthor Hey mate, this rocks no being in game xD

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
leviathane said:
lol server still not up.

/send Skelthor Hey mate, this rocks no being in game xD

<R> yes m8 it does now /level 100 pwnzor mids and hibs in fh lets go hunt in emain i mean freddys hib :D:clap:

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
nerf you dude hoging freddys house too i see
or is camlan the new hunting area name given for freddys hunting:p anyways nn m8 im off to bed up in 3 hrs:p

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Reardon: People will say, we just assume database corruption, but if the game would fail to record guild date from a time, would you need any further rollback? If your guild data at that time isn't useable and you need to rollback that makes it hughly likely that the current problem is a database corruption.

Like the big prydwen crash, they restarted the server, and after it got a lot worse and had to shut down them, and looks like problems startred before restart and haven't solved before restart, and they haven't detected it when they tested the servers for the first restart. Also the first fix they tried wasn't enough to fix the problem, so we have some overnight downtime (a rare occurance).

They say, the two downtime events are no way similar, you can decide if you believe the similarities are pure coincidence, or if you don't trust what GOA says.

They said, they will finish item restoration process before clustering, and it wasn't true, they said they post dates on web page only when they are 100% sure, and you can see earlier cluster dates and see what they said isn't 100% accurate in a lot of cases. Both before and after such arguments you can see inaccuracy in their official page.

What do you think about them, and their flaming fanboys, what do you think about this service? It is up to you.

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
Reardon: People will say, we just assume database corruption, but if the game would fail to record guild date from a time, would you need any further rollback? If your guild data at that time isn't useable and you need to rollback that makes it hughly likely that the current problem is a database corruption.

Like the big prydwen crash, they restarted the server, and after it got a lot worse and had to shut down them, and looks like problems startred before restart and haven't solved before restart, and they haven't detected it when they tested the servers for the first restart. Also the first fix they tried wasn't enough to fix the problem, so we have some overnight downtime (a rare occurance).

They say, the two downtime events are no way similar, you can decide if you believe the similarities are pure coincidence, or if you don't trust what GOA says.

They said, they will finish item restoration process before clustering, and it wasn't true, they said they post dates on web page only when they are 100% sure, and you can see earlier cluster dates and see what they said isn't 100% accurate in a lot of cases. Both before and after such arguments you can see inaccuracy in their official page.

What do you think about them, and their flaming fanboys, what do you think about this service? It is up to you.
Some very valid points there.
My opinion is after nearly 4 years of playing apart from the recent big pry crash I can't remember a time that server has gone down for so long,there was a time when I was a total newbie and think very high con mobs were roaming all over the place.
So sadly,and I hope to god not,I smell another database corruption:(
Was affected badly last time but got compensated and stuck up for Goa,but still felt sorry for people that are still char stripped etc.
It's been mentioned time and time again but I'm going to reiterate just to vent my anger and try to prove to myself I'm not just a big baby stomping his feet cos I can't play a game :)
My sky tv don't work=I go mad why am I paying 40 quid a month when I can't watch tv?
My isp goes wrong=Go mad why am I paying can't even get on-line.
My wheelie bin don't get emptied=I go mad,why do I pay council tax?
My salary does'nt get paid in=Go mad Why am I even working?
My hobby Doac does'nt work=Go mad why am I paying for a service that hardly works and is full of bugs?
So conclusion is I'm mad and have a short fuse I guess :)

chrispy

It's my birthday today!
mmmmmm server down,hope i don't have to rightnow stuff was a real pain last time.lol

but hey mite get more xp and other things if it is a database problem.:)

look at the brite side blowing dust off old games is fun now and again.(coughs) bloody dust lol

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Dandare: My solution to the problem is different.

1st: I don't expect much from GOA, if I log in the game, I want to have fun, and don't put work in characters to have fun later.

2nd: I have both other games and accounts for US servers, waiting for some active hours on Gaheris :)

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Well.

1: Goa shut the servers down and you get :

"ZOMFG THEY SHUT THE SEWVER MATES I CAN NO LONGER BECOME RANK 2 AND NEARRLYYYYY THE BEST!!!11111".

2: Goa leave the servers open and its corrupted.

"ZOMFG!!!!!!! I HAD CLODSONG THEN IT DISAPEARD THEN MY CHAR HAD 4 HEADS AND LOST ALL HIS RPS NOW I MUST WAIT AGES TO HAVE HIM FIXED, FFS WOT CAN I DO !!!??!??!!?!!1111111111.

Less fucking cry.

Wait a few hours, no risk of chars breaking.

or wait months for the GMs to work overtime and have over 1000000000000 claims to deal with.

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
[16-11-2005] English Cluster Up and Running Again

The problem on the English cluster has now been resolved and tests are complete, we are therefore happy to announce that the servers are now reopened.

We remind you that if you were playing last night at the time of the shutdown that any progress your character may have made after 21 :08CET, will not have been saved and will be lost. In addition all player guild data has been reset to 6am yesterday morning. This will only affect guild realm points, bounty points, merit points and the guild bank and won't affect keep claims or characters' personal realm point or bounty point totals.

In addition, we will be crediting every English player with a free day of subscription to compensate for the downtime.

Thank you for your patience and we apologise again for the disruption.

servers back up \o/

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity: GOA did reset the servers that day, and it came back and rollback, extra downtime, etc. was the result. GOA should check the servers when they start them to avoid problems like this and the last prydwen crash...

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Esselinithia said:
Infanity: GOA did reset the servers that day, and it came back and rollback, extra downtime, etc. was the result. GOA should check the servers when they start them to avoid problems like this and the last prydwen crash...

They took them down incase there was a repeat,

Youd cry any way, which ever way things fell.

Goa just cant win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom