Server clustering of Excalibur and Prydwen...

lmx

Fledgling Freddie
Well i've been away on the American servers as I hated the low pop on Pry but i heard that they're clustering the servers... is it true?? I'd quit US daoc to play here if they did =/

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
They are. No date set but within a few weeks hopefully.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
2-3 weeks after 1.75......thats what they said at first....but then u never know

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
cant wait for all the whine threads about lag in the cluster.....

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
Cant wait for the whine period :) A whole new world will open.

People whined and weeped about Old Frontiers, milegates and emain cheering the advent of NF. Then came NF and lo and behold!! OF roxorred!

People are worshipping Clustering. Let's see what's left of that cult in a few months time.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe, no matter what happens, you can be certain there will be whines! :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Heres to perma raized towers, endless zerg, and more cheese than a mouse can dream of!:clap:

Gamah

Banned
old.Whoodoo said:
Heres to perma raized towers, endless zerg, and more cheese than a mouse can dream of!:clap:

More than a Sameroon can dream of!

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
well i for 1 cant wait till clustering happens ofcourse there will be whines there is always whines about anythign and everything, god only knows how the GM's stop from going insane, but for me playing my infiltrator clustering no matter how laggy will only mean there is more peeps for me to PA :)

Gamah

Banned
Clustering will be a shit, zergy..laggy..adding hell hole..however I may be wrong..and will still be there on the day of cluster with eveyone else.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
2-3 weeks of the biggest zwerg that both excal and prydwen players didnt see for a while, than it will calm down and will have a nice - active server ftw.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Zerg hell (Albs steamrolling everything with mega numbers), lag hell, zone crashes galore, new players unable to play more than one realm.

Clustering will be a huge kick in the nuts for the game in the UK.

Espen

Banned
Anny said:
well i for 1 cant wait till clustering happens ofcourse there will be whines there is always whines about anythign and everything, god only knows how the GM's stop from going insane, but for me playing my infiltrator clustering no matter how laggy will only mean there is more peeps for me to PA :)
my guess is they have a list of rpfilters..

/rpfilter spawn tweedilydiidly
/rpfilter nerf fishingpole
/rpfilter overpowered Huckleberry finn
/rpfilter artifact sheep

so every whine gets a fun meaning.. :)

hey!! you need to fishingpole the Huckleberry finn Sorcs!!

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:

yeah it will , but mostly becuase there will only be 1 server , and they will see that the french and germans have 2 or more .

the pvp server doesn't count

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
Zerg hell (Albs steamrolling everything with mega numbers), lag hell, zone crashes galore, new players unable to play more than one realm.

More ppl would quit if no clustering and new players may play one realm yea, but maybe they will have a bigger chance to find somebody to xp with... also iam not totally sure if it will be albs steamrolling stuff.

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
Server clustering of Excalibur and Prydwen...

will lead to a gigantic zergfest.

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
While I'm not a big supporter of clustering, mainly because I play 2 realm on different servers, I do think some are a bit too concerned about these "huge alb numbers". Lets not forget that
Albion from the start had its abilities spread over too many classes,
Albions main advantage has always been numbers, and with equal RvR population (like it more or less is today) Albion is the RvR underdog. (Check out new servers and see what people roll knowing what they know now after years of daoc)
Alb classes that are good are better solo than in group meaning albs lost the notion of grouping in rvr (you will be fighting for instance 30 albs with 3x8 mids, and in RvR 3x8 > 30)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Gribz0r said:
While I'm not a big supporter of clustering, mainly because I play 2 realm on different servers, I do think some are a bit too concerned about these "huge alb numbers". Lets not forget that
Albion from the start had its abilities spread over too many classes,
Albions main advantage has always been numbers, and with equal RvR population (like it more or less is today) Albion is the RvR underdog. (Check out new servers and see what people roll knowing what they know now after years of daoc)
Alb classes that are good are better solo than in group meaning albs lost the notion of grouping in rvr (you will be fighting for instance 30 albs with 3x8 mids, and in RvR 3x8 > 30)

let me add that albion had alot less opted grps (even when opted meant having a healer in da grp :)) since retail thanks to the marketing trick of "omg knight lancelot omg omg WIZURD etc" that brought shitloads of casuals to that realm who rolled fire wizards to wield elemental magix - noble paladins - cunning scouts xD

"Albion is the underdog" is not totally true since sorceros received 1875 mezz range, they had/have issues of course but when you take a look at AD - PE especially in 1.65! (and many other set alb grps, but they are the ones that got far ahead of everyone) or even so you met / meet them in game you wont really think albion is the underdog... those times are over when random pbae grps wiped out x10 number of casuals, but ppl expect that to happen i guess...well if they didnt learn how to avoid that will happen not that i reckon it will.:p

What you said was alot more true when chanters had 15sec heat debuff + dps, shit range on sorc mezz (2-3 active sorc on prydwen when /who showed 600+ etc :) zerkers being silly, savages being silly, str relic for mids - pow relic for hibs etc bla bla list is so long no point to discuss those, we all know it :p

It's kinda normal that most ppl roll chars which have owned dem in the past or did 3 pages of death spam... but i do think if albs were abit more optimised (like clerics in zerg who woulda healed instead of smiting and stuff + not 3 clerics / 50 albs etc etc) there wouldnt be such a difference in population over the non_toa servers... anyhow i wish luck to the albs there, a good set grp will have fuck loads of rps to farm :p

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I fail to see where these megazergs will come from when Pryd has about 600-700 at primetime and exc often doesnt reach 1000 anymore in prime. This gives an active pool of people in prime of about 1500-1600 people to draw on for rvr - hardly a zergy number to me, more like a nice number of actives (if it was up to me i'd want even more). Sure some people might come back for cluster so we might see (hopefully) over 2000 for a while after cluster, but some of these will leave again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom