Server Clust Question...

B

big_ish

Hi guys,

I myself have an account on the Excalibur server, and my friend has an account on the Pyrdwen server (which he's going to renew, woohoo) I am wondering though about the pro's and con's of the cluster, as I have a number of question I'm hoping you guys can help me out with....

Will I be able to group with him...
Can we RvR as a team....
Can he join an Excal Guild (Mine)
Can he remove that horrible "Prydwen" title in his name hehe, because if it is now classed as one server, why have the titles..i dunno.

I have other questions too, but I can't think of them at work :(

But any clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Assuming you play the same realm...

Grouping and RvR is seamless - you can group with anyone from any server in both pve and rvr.

Guilds (and alliance) are server specific so he would not be able to join your guild.

The names thing you can't turn off - it is needed for characters with duplicate names but why we have to have it for everyone I really don't know!

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
3 - Not yet, but Mythic are working on it.

Darzil

B

big_ish

Ah, well thanks for the quick response.

Hopefully Mythic will remove the names and allow people to join a guild on any server.

Or is it possible to transfer accounts to excal? Maybe at a cost...

B

big_ish

Well hopefully if they were to allow members of Pyrdwen to join Excal servers that would be something :)

Why it can't just be classed as 1 server I'm not sure, I think it would be much better for all involved, including me hehe.

B

big_ish

Darzil said:
3 - Not yet, but Mythic are working on it.

Darzil

That would be excellent, then if they gave you an option to remove the "Prydwen" from your name, if your not a duplicate of course, that would be perfect.

Are they officially going to implement that Darzil mate, or is it just a request on a forums...?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
big_ish said:
That would be excellent, then if they gave you an option to remove the "Prydwen" from your name, if your not a duplicate of course, that would be perfect.

Are they officially going to implement that Darzil mate, or is it just a request on a forums...?

I suspect the only things about the name they could do is to remove it if there isn't a person of the same name on the other server. Don't know about that, though.

The joining guilds thing is often mentioned. Last time was the grabbag before last :

Q: (Insert question about cross cluster guilding)

A: It is in the works. I haven't been saying much about it publicly because I don't know when or how, but the reason it wasn't on the poll was because it's already scheduled. There's always a chance we won't be able to implement cross cluster guilding, but it's one of the most popular requests we have, so we're trying to make it happen. Just watch the patch notes and cross your fingers along with me.

Darzil

B

big_ish

Well I hope if enough people request both, the name change and the cross-guilding it would add to my gaming experience anyhow.

Thanks for the replies

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
big_ish said:
Well I hope if enough people request both, the name change and the cross-guilding it would add to my gaming experience anyhow.

Thanks for the replies

The name change would only make sense anyway for people when there isn't the same name on the other server. I've come across name duplications, and it's a pain, as you can't interact with the second person to log on in any way. (Ie duplications on the same server, I'm not talking forgetting to add -E or -P)

Darzil

B

big_ish

Yes I totally understand if two names are duplicated you need to be able to distinguish which character is from where. But the option to have the title if your name is not duplicated would be welcomed.

Though the chance to join guilds on either server would be better.

gohan

I am a FH squatter
u can take the names off ur self sort of :< cant rember comand but its rpfilter? of somthing so u cud put /rpfilter prydwen p and its would say gohan of P above name an when i speak ect not a fix realy but reduces the spam atleast

B

big_ish

Well I am sure Mythic will address that issue, and the cross-guilding soon enough (/crosses fingers).

Though at the moment they seem to have some stability problems :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom