Server chrash

Joxor

Fledgling Freddie
I think that actually the new hamster who powers the server with his little wheel died from over-exhaustion..... :touch:

Funny how everything goes nice the server dies :(

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
They're (or someone else) having some probs with a router it seems. As all servers except the french ones crash. While the Alb zerg sure enough is huge, I doubt it can manage to crash UK and Germany all together :)

Joxor

Fledgling Freddie
Actually if you try to login you can see that every single server is up and running....
Well every single server except the Excal server.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Something like the Authoratiaaaaaaaaaaaaah server is down

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Deadnala said:
Excalibur is still down :(
no news on Camelot-Europe either :(

It is easy. Here is a conspiracy theory in the spirit of Area 51 :)

Mids payed GOA to keep the server down so Albion couldnt repay Midgård a visit and grab the relics with an early morning raid today. Cant have more than one early morning raid per weekend. Mids need to recover from the early morning raid of Saturday. :)

Too bad this didnt happen yesterday or maybe it wasnt since relic raids have a tendency to revitalise the rvr portion of the game.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Iceflower said:
It is easy. Here is a conspiracy theory in the spirit of Area 51 :)

Mids payed GOA to keep the server down so Albion couldnt repay Midgård a visit and grab the relics with an early morning raid today. Cant have more than one early morning raid per weekend. Mids need to recover from the early morning raid of Saturday. :)

Too bad this didnt happen yesterday or maybe it wasnt since relic raids have a tendency to revitalise the rvr portion of the game.

Haha goody propabely so. I got LD in midgard, im in enemy lands alone now. the gay stealthers will be happy to find a caster solo :flame:

Joxor

Fledgling Freddie
11:40 CET Jan 4th.
Still down, GAH
I hope they giving 2 free-days if this keeps up today

Bias

Fledgling Freddie
I heard rumours of a possible 24 hour roll back, then again that's all they are, just rumours....

Joxor

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm 24 hour rollback means the str relics will be back @ alb?

Joxor

Fledgling Freddie
Well if they move the relics i do hope they make every mid keep property off albion!
T`is the only fair thing to do ;)

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>I heard rumours of a possible 24 hour roll back, then again that's all they are, just rumours....

Not again....leveling on Excalibur seems to be more than 50 levels...sofar I have lost one.

I dont want to be lvl 39 again :(

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
The thing that irks me the most - I can't even go and get lost on Hib/Pryd or get my arse handed back to my on Camlann... Getting "Account Already Logged In"

:(

Torvarg

Loyal Freddie
From what I've heard the characters are saved quite often, but the status of the server ain't (relic/keeps/locations of things)... so a rollback would hopefully leave our chars intact but the relics f00ked =)

My guild an I spent the entire day in DF and got from 43 to almost 45.5... don't wanna miss that cause of a crash o_O

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Oh yea fuck the roll back, i got 800-900 in crafting

Czaedes

Fledgling Freddie
Joxor said:
Actually if you try to login you can see that every single server is up and running....
Well every single server except the Excal server.

Was referring to when we crashed. All servers crashed except for the French ones. That's why I guessed there was a router problem somewhere and not in the server itself. However now seeing all servers are up and running I have a hard time beleiving that :/

The lack of information from GOA is ridicolous though. A simple: "We're working on it" news post would be enough.

Czae

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Torvarg said:
From what I've heard the characters are saved quite often, but the status of the server ain't (relic/keeps/locations of things)... so a rollback would hopefully leave our chars intact but the relics f00ked =)

My guild an I spent the entire day in DF and got from 43 to almost 45.5... don't wanna miss that cause of a crash o_O

Characters are saved, but a rollback affects everything I believe - last rollback my necro went from 45-46.5 in one day, then back to 45... Was *awful*. I also recall crafters lost points, farmed cash was lost, drops, purchases - joy.

Fingers crossed for no rollback!

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Czaedes said:
The lack of information frmo GOA is ridicolous though. A simple: "We're working on it" news post would be enough.

Exactly my biggest grumble... I said so as well when I RightNow'd them :D

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Czaedes said:
At least we might get a free day :(

Whoop-die-doo!

A free day for us to do exactly what we had to do before it went pearshaped... I play a necro, I live with monotony - but doing EXACTLY the same thing over again. :m00:

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
GOA dont seem to work on "le weekend" (actually its arguable as to whether they work at all).

Friend of mine plays Bors/Guin and cant believe how atrocious the GOA service is, in the US you can use a /appeal command and get a GM in game almost immediately to discuss/resolve issues. Rightnow (who ever thought up that name for the CSR service obviously has a sense of humour, or at least a grasp of irony) takes days, sometimes weeks to get a response, and even if/when they do 90% of the time the response is nonsensical and completely misses the point of the initial inquiry.

ediac

Fledgling Freddie
Not only do i have to face the prospect of a rollback, i can't even play on any other server, all i get is "you are already loged on"
Damm and blast!

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
ediac said:
Not only do i have to face the prospect of a rollback, i can't even play on any other server, all i get is "you are already loged on"
Damm and blast!

Me too - my frustration is also compounded by my other half sitting behind me merrily blowing the crap out of things in a FG on Camlaan! DAMN HER!

Shroomz

Fledgling Freddie
Rightnow appears to have been closed - or atleast I can not post Questions - thankfully I got 1 on b4 it was shut so it would appear someone is aware of the problem, dam shame I get "Account already logged on" I could atleast go play on Prydwen - but alas not possible as game thinks my account is still active - still got loads of rl work done :)

:bazbeer:

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Shroomz said:
Rightnow appears to have been closed - or atleast I can not post Questions - thankfully I got 1 on b4 it was shut so it would appear someone is aware of the problem, dam shame I get "Account already logged on" I could atleast go play on Prydwen - but alas not possible as game thinks my account is still active - still got loads of rl work done :)

:bazbeer:

Aye, I rightnow'd earlier also - the complaints computer probably blew up with every Excal player saying "givf server plz!"... 1 full day will be added - it has to be!

Glorien

Fledgling Freddie
They better not rollback. People put so much time and effort into this game and then loose it at rollbacks. Then GOA just give us a free day due to the server being down and apoligise for the incovienience!

A Sorry doesnt replace the hours and effort people put in

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
Glorien said:
A Sorry doesnt replace the hours and effort people put in

Aye mate - more like a slap in the face to be told "Sorry about all your hard work mate, but feck it - we're taking it away and giving you another day - tough cookies."

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Goddamn! for once I'm free and don't have to get up early for work tomorrow. planned a nice long afternoon/evening of DaoC buuut noooooooooooo!! My account is allready logged in!?! :(
I really wonder 'cus I sure as hell didn't!!! :touch:
Bah! I'öö just play nfsu instead... or even D2:LoD!!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom