servant necros and toa

Kais

Banned
was curious as to whether a servant spec necro, bb and a few to take care of the adds can take the centaur cheifs that drop the zepyhr loot. afaik it was possible on mid with fds pre water abuse nerf but since the necro dmg shield is different does it still work on alb? :)

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
checked on one of the mobs, if it being just lvl 62 it should be very possible to use a servantnecro/BB to farm them. Unsure about adds and how many, CBA to try it out myself.
Remember, a servant necro/bb can farm SoM3 mobs ie. lvl 61-66, Artimobs up to lvl 75+ and so on, so it should be quite possible to farm lvl62 mobs with a few adds.

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
<3 servant necros.

Taking 6 purple mobs at once is just teh pwn.

DI3 to teh win

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
Elvo^Rylu said:
<3 servant necros.

Taking 6 purple mobs at once is just teh pwn.

DI3 to teh win

Using DI in next patch = cleric get aggro unless thats in 1.74, not sure, but use it while you can :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Jimmyjr said:
Using DI in next patch = cleric get aggro unless thats in 1.74, not sure, but use it while you can :p

was in 1.74, a bug, and fixed two days later.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Narzeja said:
checked on one of the mobs, if it being just lvl 62 it should be very possible to use a servantnecro/BB to farm them. Unsure about adds and how many, CBA to try it out myself.
Remember, a servant necro/bb can farm SoM3 mobs ie. lvl 61-66, Artimobs up to lvl 75+ and so on, so it should be quite possible to farm lvl62 mobs with a few adds.

Sight necros + bb can farm level 62 mobs (farmed a few with 18 dservant).

As long as you have the power, the time and 'easy-to-hold-aggro' mobs then most encounters are very very easy for servant necro/bb.

Infact, for some encounters u don't even need a fop (for higher encounters i mean). Huge power pool, power regen charge on the cetus cloak and power pots should do the trick (and mcl of course - possibly serenity).

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Or get a friend to play a sight necro to transfer power, i killed Danos with bot, servant necro and sight necro. didnt use any power pots and my bot has 8% to power pool bonus

Kais

Banned
Ocalinn said:
Or get a friend to play a sight necro to transfer power, i killed Danos with bot, servant necro and sight necro. didnt use any power pots and my bot has 8% to power pool bonus

will give that a shot , atleast until my cleric gets fop. Thanks for the replies btw, its much appreciated.

Kenniii

Fledgling Freddie
btw, is +11 skill really needed as servant necro? how does it help you?

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
just get 2l5 for mlc2, very important when doing some artis and farming mobs imo and you dont need +11 to death servant, maybe +3 so you get 50 but not more

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
recent tests made me think this. (buffbot user)

servant spec necro...
don't take MCl for realm skills... get tartaros staff. for a charge ... haven't tested that yet... but according to FH readers is does work while in shade.
and as for realm skill go for .... damn, can't recall name atm... bah!!... power add usable in combat....(help me out here !!! to lazy to look it up)

i'll tell you why, as a servant necro you tend to run out off power in mid combat.. due to the low level power tap... you will have a lot off resists...
as for the left over points you just take mastery of magery and wild power, if you have eny left. if you play without a buffbot, take dex con and int.
as for the rest for a necromancer.. cap crush, slash, thrust, hits con, dex, quick, all added bonuses from toa drops are nice... if you can get them.. can easely be done with common loot drops ... since you'll replace that stuff from time to time anyway, don't waist cash on a necro.

extra bonuses are sweet :for example..; bonus to duration off spells.; if you are not a bb user.. i would advice to test the add bonus to enhancement spells also.. loads of these staffs can be found at tartaros encounter, every pull 3+ staffs drop.

but still...

sight spec necro

this is still the king of farming....
looking at the locations where you are hunting in TOA, you will rather have one mob on you then a couple of them anyway... i've been farming around Typhons and ashen last couple of days and i have seen that i farmed a LOT more then when i was there with my servant necro. I was able to farm, eg: purporos, altheus, guardians, etc.. without any risk... i had to be carefull for Teletes, those are nasty nukers.. you'll need backup healing to get those. i think typhons has some off the more nastier mobs in toa.. so results do please me.

servant spec : sublime vs ONE verry high level mob that doesn't hit you for over 300 damage.

sight spec: all round farmer can do JUST as much as a servant ...but it will take a it longer

farmed tartaros with both necromancer specs... backup healer and good timing.. gets you all :)

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie
From my own expierances / reading VNboards (which i know is crap half the time). MCL2 is a must as a servant necro, just stick your pet on passive and wait for damage shield to drop, 10 secs later you can use MCL. Tartaros staff only works when your not a shade, So tart staff is a big no no. For RA's go MCL2, Ethereal bond 2 or 3, Toughness. Get a 50 enhance bot with fop and your laughing.
Check http://home.comcast.net/~kevsmart/index.html its a nice site for us servant necro's.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Nerf them all imo , Servant neccys / spirit jugger 3s, the lot :p

shuldnt be possible to farm lvl 70 mobs by yourself, handy though but still sick <says he who got 2.10 done with a necro + bb > >_<

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Nerf them all imo , Servant neccys / spirit jugger 3s, the lot :p

shuldnt be possible to farm lvl 70 mobs by yourself, handy though but still sick <says he who got 2.10 done with a necro + bb > >_<

Runi is a level 65 mob.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
yep servant necro can take loads

get a 26 con cap summoning template, and one wth a lot of power pool / capped melee resists in for using when focusing :)

Legaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Is a 400 hits / 101 Con Summoning suit deffo needed if you have a fully capped lvl 50 enhance BB ?

Legaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Also, if I have a Summoning suit with capped hits + con, do I need any hits and con on the Active Fighting suit as well, or can I change hits and the con to as much power as I can get? Ofc dex and int is capped on Fighting suit as well.

Soz for all the n00b questions :)

Legaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Very nice template mate :) I've just made my own while I'm bored crafting my suits heh. Not saying its better than yours, just like the challenge of doing things on me own :) Thx for the advice as well.

Thanks though, if mine fooks up, i'll use yours :p

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Legaen said:
Is a 400 hits / 101 Con Summoning suit deffo needed if you have a fully capped lvl 50 enhance BB ?

If you want to get the 'very-very' most out of your necromancer then yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom