Serious connection troubles

Iphis

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys

Basically im connected to the internet via my adsl modem on bt broadband and every now and again quite often at times (i mean within 5 mins) my connection seems to just stop. According to the internet status icon (the two computer things on the task bar) im still connected to bt but they arnt sending anything upstream or downstream i cant then disconnect from the bt server or anything on way to get out of it is to reboot and reconnect. Occassionally aswell when this connection stopage occurs my ui reverts to a windows classic display im not sure whats up with that but is disturbing.

Im not sure if i have a virus or whether bt is screwing up....i phoned their help line and i mean the offered no useful help what so ever....talked me through deleting my cookies :(

Would really appreciate some input on this issue if any1 has a similar prob or maybe knows whats going on, strongly considering reinstalling my os altho i dont want to this problem is making surfing the internet let alone playing daoc a real pain.

Thanks in advance guys hope some1 can help me ;)

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
BT Broadband here aswell - if you were having these problems yesterday - then yes it is at BT end - massive Packet Loss from - Ping Plotter shows the offending server to be 1 of BT's own - rather spookily the IP address for said server is also being reported b my Firewall as attacking my PC (attempting) 38 times in 1 hour with Netsky (virus) so I think BT has a problem - reported so hopefully be sorted soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom