Serie A

Gil

Can't get enough of FH
Was suprised they relegated the teams.

Thought they'd get big fines and it'll be all forgotten.

Makes ya wonder if they (The clubs) wanted it to happen. Use a obscure get-out clause, then, later, re-negotiate a new Broadcast contract with a new Co.

Or am I being too cynical?

Gil.

P.S. saddest thing I dont think I'm beung cynical enough :(

P.P.S WD Italy for 06 and GS Zidane, dont let youths give ya 'merde' ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It was very serious offences, it is unfortunate for the players and the fans, but the clubs have benefited from cheating and have now been punished. No one will ever know how much the referee appointments would have affected the last two seasons, but in theory it could affect the position every team finished in. European places, relegation, all things that make huge differences to the finances of a club.

Gray

FH is my second home
Looks like the exodus at Juventus has started

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The punishments really don;t fit the crimes imo - no matches were actually fixed, all Moggi did was ask for a favourable referee for certain matches, which if you look in to it didn;t actually do them any good as they lost most of them. Send Juve to B for it, but the 30 point penalty as well is a piss take. It's a shame Cannavaro and Zambrotta are off, but at least Buffon, Nedved and Del Piero are staying (top news about Buffon, thought he would have been one of the first to go). The appeals start tomorrow so hopefully the sentences will get reduced.

We'll be back in Serie A next season anyway.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have a feeling the points penalties will be reduced or simply taken away, the only team whose penalty I would imagine stays in place is Milans, as they have not been relegated.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well those penalties were pointless, the appeal has left Milan laughing. I suppose Juve were always going to suffer teh worse seeing as Moggi was the one who was actually caught out.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
I think they gave the clubs harsher penalties than they really wanted to just for shock value knowing they would just reduce them when they appealed anyway, what a joke.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Amusingly the post-appeal penalties match pretty much exactly what the Italian press reported they would - before the guilty verdict was announced.

The whole thing was a farce from start to finish

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
This is why Italian football is so good though, there's always mini-dramas like this going on in the background to keep you entertained when there's no footy on, with all the gesticulating, finger-waving and shoulder shrugging you'd expect from a bunch of Italians left to run somethng really. This trial has stunk to high heaven since the very beginning to me, as one club were left to benefit the most from it, those perennial underacheivers and serial shoppers Inter Milan. The team without a Scudetto since 1989 and unlikely to get another until 2089 with Juventus and AC Milan in the same league.

Now you may ask why do I bring up Inter Milan? Well, who was the last person they tried to sign before the current trnasfer window? Ronaldinho? Ronaldo? Nope. Luciano Moggi. Moggi turns them down, 6 months later this all blows up. Even back then Moggi was known to control the transfer market, and probably a good deal else as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom