Selling my account

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

-Mortal-

Originally posted by old.Aralik
IMO i think they should stop any one person from logging on to the same server at the same time with different account. Its quite simple to do, just don't allow the same IP address to log onto that server.

So nobody that uses internet cafes could play :/ or people who have a bother or sister that share the connection.

This statement is so wrong on so many levels.

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by _tindel_
why sell an account at all, makes no sense.

makes perefectly sence if you dont want to play the game anymore.. kind of like when u sell your house when you move , or maybe you just "delete" it ???

D

Damon_D

Originally posted by old.Aralik
IMO i think they should stop any one person from logging on to the same server at the same time with different account. Its quite simple to do, just don't allow the same IP address to log onto that server.

And EULA or whatever its called. lol - you think anyone reads that? i bet 50% of people here have a copied version of windows and 30% copied version of DAoC. I even bet someone has gone into a store and ripped out the CD key from the book. MVC keep the books in the box on the shelves. easy ;)

WEEEE and ban peopel who wear pink cloths..and... and drink Icetea and...and....Inhales smoked fish trugh there noses

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I object, yer honor! *bangs shoe on desk*

... I happen to like ice tea... peach flavor... mmmmh... oh... and ice cubes in it. Perhaps a little umbrella to make it look like a hawaiian long drink...
No pink clothing, though. I have a 50% chance to stay on the game! Wee!

S

Shike

doh, u dont have to much knowledge of how stuff work do you?
so ppl from the same subnet cant play? me and my GF have to play in shifts? or like in the example with the café? how did u expect that to work? I guess u posted without thinking longer than the nose reaches in front of you. :D

I have a tip for ya, browse to www.learntcpip.com and study some. Actually, that site is quite useful for n00bs. :)

S

Shike

And EULA or whatever its called. lol - you think anyone reads that? i bet 50% of people here have a copied version of windows and 30% copied version of DAoC. I even bet someone has gone into a store and ripped out the CD key from the book. MVC keep the books in the box on the shelves. easy

hmm, brilliant idea, lets all turn into immature teens again with no income and steal stuff, yeah, lets do that.. sounds like great fun.... oh and while we are at it, lets beat some old ladies up and steal their cash so we can eat hamburgers at McDonalds and scream and toss fries at each other until we get thrown out by security! ooor we can buy spraycans for those stolen cash and paint some rich guys car with it! or we can all get drunk as l'lamas and run around in the city screaming bad words to everyone until some big guy with a bad hairday who eat too much steroids beat us up! or we can break into someones summerhouse and burn it down thinking how angry the owner will be! all this sounds reeeally fun dude, doesnt it? i bet you do.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

grow up kid :(

O

old.ShadowBlood

The EULA is utter garbage though thats true. Mythic/Goa want us to sell/exchange to keep thier revenues going. Why do you think there is a drop down box to choose which account you want to use when you start up? They just put up a front that they dont want us to sell etc for obvious reasons.. To a lot of people that money would come in very handy (12 months SWG subscription) and it would be foolish not to.

only came here for a flame so go ahead :)

I

ivan_tribbiani

Wont sell my account no matter what... <untill the sum reaches my monthly earnings which is rather unlikely>. But its true, if you dont have access to funds or if its very limited then why not sell the account if that will solve the problem ... its understandible from the ethical point of view.
Do i like it the way it is.... of course not ... but is that going to change anything ? i really dont think so.

O

old.Bubble

can i have your account :) i could use a lvl 50 buff bot :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I proudly present Doctor Pathfinderstein, reanimator of dead threads... ;)

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by sickofit...
I proudly present Doctor Pathfinderstein, reanimator of dead threads... ;)

And Sickofit, stalker of yonder :m00:

A

alarik

Originally posted by Brannor McThife

[EDIT: Worked hard for it? How do you know that? Hmm? What about people who just sit there (minstrels playing powersong and theurgists with PBT) and get themselves levelled while they watch Pokemon. Did the EARN it? Pffft.]

LooooooooL :)

J

Jonaldo

Am I just being cynical here or is this a possibility?

In theory as we don't own our characters and GOA do, if say for instance player xxxxxxx came up to me completely out of the blue and insulted and flamed me so bad that I broke down in tears and needed time off work as I was in no fit state anymore. I would be able to sue GOA for lots of money as it was a character owned by them that was the culprit?

Kinda like if a London bus run me over, ok so it was the drivers fault probably but it is the company that would front the legal bill...

I don't want to give people ideas but I think there's some legal kind of loopholes here maybe ;) or maybe there's something in the EULA that protects them against this also, I'll need to read it in more detail before I phone the doctor about suffering depression :D

Maybe this kind of thing wouldn't happen in Europe but I guarantee in the USA the courts would lap it up.

V

VidX

Originally posted by old.mckfly
lol message to daoc

i dont pay for my account a friend of mine dose because i dont have visa to be honest i havent even payed him the money what you gonna do stop my account ?

rofl if some one wants to sell there account whats it really got to do with you guys after all is there any harm in it, we pay you for this game for fun and its our money not yours we do what we please and are not here to go by your rules because if so why the hell is it a roll playing game - you play to be some one your not am i right,

i dident sell my account because i did not want people to have my name ect (lol im not sure if any one would want mckfly the level 50 bad ass)

so i deleted it (it was my choice)

if gen wants to sell his account where and what are the legal rights you have against him

the way i see things is - we are the boss of your company we fund you like a stock market - if you want us out we get payed off (and we can sell our shares) if you can see the lines im getting at. gramer is not my best

kemor - gamemaster its your job - so we ask you this. state why its such a crime to sell your account even i could think of answers for that (ok) so what if he was to give it away is that also wrong to if so explain?

Costmer care (the costmer is always right) (IM SEXY) :clap:

OK, people really don't seem to understand the fact that by clicking ACCEPT on the EULA you are LEGALLY bound to it, and can be HELD FULLY RESPONSIBLE for ANY breech of it, no matter what country you are in.

If you breech the EULA in ANY way, GOA can do whatever they like, including cancelling and deleting your account.

And, once again, I state the fact that the EULA is LEGALLY BINDING. It can say whatever it wants, but if you click ACCEPT you HAVE to abide by the LEGAL AGREEMENT you have made with GOA.

You could be living next door to GOA, in another country, or on the frickin' moon, but you are still in a FULLY LEGAL AGREEMENT created by the COPYRIGHT OWNER of the software you are using.

W

Whoodoo_RD

I think a shrink would turn round and say you are addicted m8, and to stop taking a game so seriously and get ya ass back to work ya skiver, or words to that effect :p

Mythic want the player base to increase, therefore buy more copies of the game (copying can be done as long as you get the CD key to go with it - still naughty tho). If you sell an account, the player base does not move, and the extra money Mythic would have got for a new copy dissapears.

Comparing it to Winblows, you mean the over priced, bug ridden, spyware infested peice of Bill "I am God - look at my bank account to prove it" Gates donkey plop (yes I use it too :( ). Sorry to say it, but as its still vastly over priced, I cant say I blame ppl! This beres no standards on a game like this tho - bad comparison.

This game IS good, 200,000 ppl cant be wrong, and for the most have enjoyed playing the game from level 1 to 50, doing all the little bits Mythic add to make it more fun, so dont begrudge them £20 for a new copy, nor the n00bs out there the chance to experiance the WHOLE game.

If you think its ok to sell, youre also one of them sad gits who buys a game like Jedi Knight 2 and uses the cheat to go straight to the end map and kill the main boss, without facing the challenge of getting there in the first place, therefore avoiding the fun!

L

lakih

Originally posted by vidx
<znipp> You could be living next door to GOA, in another country, or on the frickin' moon, <znipp>

Silly Usp, you cant live on the moon :p ;) :D :)

:m00:

When (if) i stop playing DAoC i will sell my CD for roughly the same amount you buy it for in the stores (little cheaper, it is used after all), and give them the account for free if they want it...

L

Lochlyessa

Originally posted by Genius-Ino
From before 'A hacker' deleted your gimps.

Such anger.. Such trauma.. such.. rofl. Seriously, if you're trying to claim you had something to do with hacking my account, then you're even more of a moron then I'd assumed. And such a nice description.. gimps.. Well, I won't bother mentioning anything about rps etc, cos we all know they're not important :)

PS. ding 2 mill :(

L

lakih

Im getting scared... very old threads, dead threads, rising from the graves, haunting us in our sleep... err... nm.

postcount ++1

:m00:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom