Self made computer Opinions please!

Hubix

Fledgling Freddie
Looking to buy a new computer

Been a while since i bought my last 1 which i built myself

could anyone tell me any good sites for parts for computers or systems or a system spec for 700 or less, in the UK.

thanks!

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
If you are not in a rush then I suggest to wait a little - Intel is dropping the prices in the end of this month.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Get a higher PSU imo. Rest looks fine on first glance.

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
Should be able to do that same spec at a cheaper price. I just bought pc from ebuyer for just over £800

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4ghz) Socket 775 FSB1066 4MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Antec P180 EU Aluminium Super Miditower - No PSU

Hiper 530W Black Type-R Modular PSU - SLI Certified with Active PFC

EVGA 8800GTS SuperClocked 320MB DDR3 DVI PCI-E

Corsair (TWIN2X2048-6400) XMS2-6400 2048MB 5-5-5-12 2X240 DIMM Black XMS2 Heat Spreader

Seagate ST3500641AS Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM SATAII/300 16MB Cache - OEM

Running a treat

Overdriven

AMD Dualcore is alot better than Intel

You obviously know nothing about recent technologoes. Intel are currently the leading for speed and performance. AMD (When Barcelona comes out) will be better, since Intel are now cutting prices to make sure AMD lose business (more so)

Everyone knows AMD is better than Intel (Intel fanbois, please go away) but right now, it's common sense to go for a intel chip.

Lethul

FH is my second home
You obviously know nothing about recent technologoes. Intel are currently the leading for speed and performance. AMD (When Barcelona comes out) will be better, since Intel are now cutting prices to make sure AMD lose business (more so)

Everyone knows AMD is better than Intel (Intel fanbois, please go away) but right now, it's common sense to go for a intel chip.

I bow to your wisdom, i admit i am totally wrong here. I seem to have missed 1 generation of intel cpu's!

i stand corrected! :)

Overdriven

I bow to your wisdom, i admit i am totally wrong here. I seem to have missed 1 generation of intel cpu's!

i stand corrected! :)

Hense my comment about AMD being better =P For a peon like him, he should use Intel. People who want something new without waiting, should too. I'm waiting for AMDs new set to come out (KLs/Barcelona chip etc)

soze

I am a FH squatter
Can't wait too see how the new AMDs stack up but for now Intel out perform them.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Get a decent case. I have a pretty low opinion of that particular range of thermaltec cases having owned one. The external finish is really poor and too many sharp edges inside just waiting to rip your fingers. Lian Li and silverstone are my two favourites.

Buy a decent CPU fan aswell, Even if you dont like OC'ing you should be looking at a minimum of 500mhz OC on that CPU otherwise its just a waste of $$ versus performance.

The GTS is a bit bleh imo. Its a good card but aint that flash when stacked up against a GTX. Personally I would save some $$ and just get a 7900 or 1950XTX (both great cards) and wait for either the GTX to drop in price or the incoming ATI dx10 cards. Having said that you certainly wont be disapointed with the performance, as it is a fast card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom