Seelie stuff: Quotes!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, quotes are rather the best way to remember someone.

"I have a dream!" Malcolm X

Classic.

"To be the man, you have to beat the man." Triple H

Attitude.

And so on.Well, i've had few of mine on my ...thingy below every post...but i thought up a few quotes again and thought if people would like to comment(not just omg rofl that's kewl) and perhaps place some own cognoctions.

Here goes:

"My ego is just as big as i want it to be."
Well, self explanitory and meant as a funny.

"If you want it, you don't need it. If you don't want it, you need it."
Basicly means that people tend to be a bit too "everything to me now!", don't realise what they have and don't always see what's best for them.

And my favourite that popped in my mind...

"Gem in the shitter"
Basicly telling someone they have unseen beauty, inner wisdom and beauty, don't belong in the place...you know...

Girl standing in a bunch of fit hot fashion peeps, not a "looker", but you see that she could be if dressed and made up like the rest. Gem in the shitter.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
my favorite(was written on my car a while back),
"Software is like sex.
-It's better when it's free."
Linux

noblok

Part of the furniture
old.Tohtori said:
"My ego is just as big as i want it to be."
Well, self explanitory and meant as a funny.
It might be me, but I don't think I quite understood what's meant with this one :). I don't agree if it means that you have perfect influence on your ego. Actually I'm quite certain that there are a few people who would like a bigger ego.

Obviously this is not applicable in all situations, but I quite like it otherwise.

I'll see if I can come up with some of my own, in the meantime have one of Dostoewsky. I just read it and decided to write it down, since it made me think for a while: "the realist doesn't come to religion through the wonder, but to the wonder through religion."

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
noblok said:
It might be me, but I don't think I quite understood what's meant with this one :). I don't agree if it means that you have perfect influence on your ego. Actually I'm quite certain that there are a few people who would like a bigger ego.

It was meant like, "i have so big ego thati can even control my ego".

Ormorof

FH is my second home
someone once told me i had a big head... i replied "ah but its not half as big as my ego!" which shut him up ;)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
my figure is very important to me, thats why i protect it by wrapping it in fat.

i used to have a weight problem but its all behind me now (usually said with a small glance behind ones self at ones butt)

fromma!! as in yeah theyre a fromma, they look great from a distance.

when this ole world is getting you down, the gravity fields probably on too high.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home

That´s the crede of each and every marketing department in the world.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
That´s the crede of each and every marketing department in the world.

*rofles*

True, true.

Oh by the way,don't mistake this for a quote thread, i'd like for people to rack their brain and make up their own.

About the Triple H quote up there, it has been brought to my attention that it is possible it's Ric Flair, and probably is.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
'It's not how far you get but rather how you got there.'

'Laziness may appear attractive but work gives satisfaction'

'It is not only finne feathers that make fine birds'

'The Americans will always do the right thing... After they've exhausted all the alternatives.'

'Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.'

This is my faviourite however:

Wealth unused may as well not exist.

Pera

Fledgling Freddie
Some of my most favorites ones;

1) "It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in a dog that matters." - Unknown

2) "Death smiles us all... All a man can do is to smile back" - Gladiator

3) "All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him." - Sun Tzu

This one is rather long but it applies for almost every situation in life.

4) "I don't know what to say really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives all comes down to today.Either we heal as a team or we are going to crumble. Inch by inch play by play till we're finished. We are in hell right now, gentlemen believe me and we can stay here and get the shit kicked out of us or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of hell. One inch, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around and I see these young faces and I think I mean I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make. I pissed away all my money believe it or not. I chased off anyone who has ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know when you get old in life things get taken from you. That's, that's part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out that life is just a game of inches. So is football. Because in either game life or football the margin for error is so small.
I mean one half step too late or to early you don't quite make it. One half second too slow or too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in ever break of the game every minute, every second.

On this team, we fight for that inch. On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch. Cause we know when we add up all those inches that's going to make the fucking difference between WINNING and LOSING between LIVING and DYING.

I'll tell you this in any fight it is the guy who is willing to die who is going to win that inch. And I know if I am going to have any life anymore it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch because that is what LIVING is. The six inches in front of your face.

Now I can't make you do it. You gotta look at the guy next to you.
Look into his eyes. Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. You are going to see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it, you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a team, gentlemen and either we heal now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys. That's all it is. Now, whattaya gonna do?

One of the best damn speeches I have ever read :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
old.Tohtori said:
*rofles*

True, true.

Oh by the way,don't mistake this for a quote thread, i'd like for people to rack their brain and make up their own.

About the Triple H quote up there, it has been brought to my attention that it is possible it's Ric Flair, and probably is.
i made up my own :(

btw whats triple h, did he come before triple x?

*thinkage*

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
triple H or Hunter herst hermsley or summet is a pro wrestler

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aaaaah ty

*retires to the parlour to finish crocheting a doiley and drink some tea*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom