trieb
corus
warshades
formorians outside tur suil

in that order.
worked for me.

Q

quiescent

bump, could do with full idiots guide .txt thingy..

thx for help tho boni

C

crd

I would say parth farm and maybe something more between blackthorns and spraggon den.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by crd
I would say parth farm and maybe something more between blackthorns and spraggon den.

yeah path farm up in connaught, far better bonus and less camped than east lough derg.

moss sherries not far from east lough derg where nice too :)

Not sure ive ever seen a focus pulling guide. But heres roughly what to do:-

Get a manachanter (full mana spec pref).
Get a druid (full nurture spec if poss).
Get a mentalist (full mana spec).
Get one other mage with some form of AOE, doest really matter what, chanter, eld, ive done it with animist aoe or void just fine.
Get 1-4 nighshades or other tanks to make coffee.

Manachanter casts underhill ally (not compatriot), ally takes less damage.

Druid gives pets all Baseline buffs +str/con and dex/qui (haste is optional doesnt make any difference to the pets AF unlike the other buffs). You can work with just baseline buffs, but your pet will have lower AF and wont be able to take as many mobs.

chanter sends pet in to some horrible aggro spawn and casts focus shield (the mana spec one, not the baseline one). The baseline dmg shield will nerf your focus shield do not use it!

chanter pulls pet back (I just flick to passive mode).

mentalist cast HoT on pet every 8-10 seconds (HoT heals lots now and doesnt get any aggro at all) (and of couse gives mr to all).

druid backs up any extra healing with smallest baseline heal (most mana efficient heal).

AOE mage starts nuking when all mobs have taken some damage.

Aim to pull large numbers of orange/red mobs rather than grapes which are much less efficient.

O

old.Reno

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
chanter sends pet in to some horrible aggro spawn and casts focus shield (the mana spec one, not the baseline one). The baseline dmg shield will nerf your focus shield do not use it!

Base damage shield should now stack fully with the focus shield.
Don't use the base damage shield if you plan on using a pot or MCL mid pull though.

Danita

Q

quiescent

we just need a full guide of what mobs to kill and where from 20-50...

format:
20-22 mob: x location: x
22-24 mob: x location: x

etc... i've seen them about? sure one of you can hand me similar guide to 50.. would be very greatful :)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by old.Reno
Base damage shield should now stack fully with the focus shield.
Don't use the base damage shield if you plan on using a pot or MCL mid pull though.

Danita

oh great missed that in the patch notes, ill have to run some tests and see if it really does stack now.

P

PJS

"Manachanter casts underhill ally (not compatriot), ally takes less damage."

but you want the pet to get hit to return the fs damage, allys evade, I use compatriot (it also has a self af buff)

also ally will stand still randomly to cast regen if a bard isnt playing heal song, this can cause problems

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by PJS
"Manachanter casts underhill ally (not compatriot), ally takes less damage."

but you want the pet to get hit to return the fs damage, allys evade, I use compatriot (it also has a self af buff)

also ally will stand still randomly to cast regen if a bard isnt playing heal song, this can cause problems

The test i have run show that ally is CLEARY under ALL circumstances / buff combos, a better tank. It takes less damage/has higher af.

Ally does not evade afaik. Its a blue con mob vs at least a yellow con mobs, plus it has rubbish stats. Chances of it evading and causing a cockup are 1000-1, ive never had that problem in focusing 2 chars to 50.

I agree that compatriot is a pain when it casts :/ but if you spam the buttons it will stop casting.

I used to use compatriot till I did all the testsmyself properly. Now i never look back and consider compatriot.

Q

quiescent

Originally posted by Novamir
fuck off please?

Ohh you're a clever one :)

edit: Why? because I think you need some guidance being a teen full of angst.

1) Read post
2) Comprehend
3) Reply based on comprehension of post

Voila.

H

Hyuga Hinata

Originally posted by Novamir
fuck off please?

Pure genius.

He makes a thread asking for an xp guide to pbaoe groups in hib, people start derailing his thread so he asks them to stay on topic.

Then you come along trying to be all cool by telling him to fuck off.

If you really want to make your willy grow try cosmetic surgery, it works SO much better than BW.

O

old.Laryssa

imho every spawn place works for a focus pull - BAF mobs prefered (=group bonus)

even better of u go into the fontiers (keep bonus)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom