Second unlock - What to choose?

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I already have the sniper rifle, I tend to play solo tbh.
With the new patch I've got another unlock, whats the next best?
If anything when not snipering I tend to go Special Ops and blow up enemy arty/radar etc, but I hear the Special Ops weapon is pants.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm.. I have these:

G3 (Assault). it's powerful and reasonably precise. not scoped though, and you lose the grenage launcher. I personally like it.

G36C (SpecOps). It's not that powerful imo and there is no scope. also I have to blast half a clip or more into an enemy to drop them (but that's cos I'm crap)

M95 (Sniper). tbh I love it to bits :)

L84A1 (Medic). This is my fave weapon in the game. It's scoped, and very accurate imo though not so in full auto mode. Single shots at medium range will pwn the enemy though you'll have to hit a couple of times to drop a bloke if you don't get them in the head I believe.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
~Yuckfou~ said:
I already have the sniper rifle, I tend to play solo tbh.
With the new patch I've got another unlock, whats the next best?
If anything when not snipering I tend to go Special Ops and blow up enemy arty/radar etc, but I hear the Special Ops weapon is pants.

Personally I like the G36C. It hits as hard as the normal spec ops guns but its better on semiauto because there's almost no recoil, so I find it far more accurate at range. Sounds great too :)

The other good one is the PKM. Its far more accurate and hard hitting than the standard supply mgs.

Not impressed with the jackhammer, the SA80 is OK but crap in a close quarters firefight (imho). I've unlocked the G3 but have hardly used it yet so can't comment; probably a good one if you're playing US assault because the M16 is shit, but if I was playing MEC I'd stick with the AK101, which is probably the best rifle in the whole game.

TdC

DaGaffer said:
The other good one is the PKM. Its far more accurate and hard hitting than the standard supply mgs.

is that so? this will be my next then, as I do enjoy playing support and really hate the current weapon(s) :/ I really can't work out why I'd like a heavy automatic shotgun, so if anyone can come up with pluspoints for the other two unlocks I'd be most grateful.

DaGaffer

TdC said:
is that so? this will be my next then, as I do enjoy playing support and really hate the current weapon(s) :/ I really can't work out why I'd like a heavy automatic shotgun, so if anyone can come up with pluspoints for the other two unlocks I'd be most grateful.

Well, funnily enough, the only time I ever get killed (on foot) by an anti-tanker is when they're using the SAO. It's crap at anything other than extremely short-range but if you get in a close firefight with one of these you're fucked. The only reason I didn't choose it in my unlock orgy the other day was because I rarely play AT.

TdC

hmm. I die loads as AT as is, I'd not like having to get within spitting distance of an enemy assault or specops before my weapon became useful :/ then again, it's only meant for when they'd be within said distance of *me*. ah well, choices, choices :)

Will

/bin/su
At range as an AT, you can guide your rocket straight into anyone staying still while firing. And you've now got the shotgun for up close and personal.

They do have to be shit for you to get away with it, but most people seem to be shit, so it all works out. :)

TdC

Will said:
most people seem to be shit, so it all works out. :)

I prefer to think of myself improving slowly, like a fine wine :)

DaGaffer

Will said:
At range as an AT, you can guide your rocket straight into anyone staying still while firing. And you've now got the shotgun for up close and personal.

They do have to be shit for you to get away with it, but most people seem to be shit, so it all works out. :)

What are you trying to say? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom